• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
My parents are visting me and I would like to get SunTV. Currently I am subscribed to Verizon FiOS through my HOA - so I won't be able to cancel it (I am paying for it through my HOA fees). So, what is the cheapest way to get SunTV?
The cheapest I have found so far is - Dish says that if I pay $150 for the equipement, they install and activate it for free and then I pay only $15/mo for SunTV or $25/mo for SunTV and KTV - no contract. So, I can cancel after 4 months.
Is anyone watching numTV by cinnecting their PC/laptop to the TV ? How clear is it?
Thanks!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you dont have to pay for local channels monthly, that is a good deal I think.

Or dont tell anything to Dish about cancellation, just sign up without any contract(installation should be free) and cancel after 3-4 months.

i'm in the same position about SunTV and KTV, but i think eluck is right, i talked to another friend who did this and they cancelled their suntv and ktv package after 2 months, they reactivate it everytime their parents come to visit.

Yes. don't tell Dish that you want to cancel it. Startoff with sun/KTV package plus few other Channels and then strip them one by one. Just for SUNTV alone it is difficult to get free installation without contract.

so, if I understand it correctly, sign up for america 100+suntv/ktv for $45/mo - no other fees and just cancel after 4 months?
But since they are not charging me for dish/setup for now if I sign up, would they charge me an ETF or anything after 4 months?

I called again - I don't think you can get away from not signing a contract AND availing free install. They said that if I commit to 18mos then free install+basic package+suntv. If I don't, then $50 for install+basic package+suntv.

So my options are:
1. $50 isntall + $20 basic +$25 for sun/ktv for 4 mos = $230+tax
2. $150 dish+install + $25 for sun/ktv for 4 mos = $350 + tax

Has anyone tried watching NUMtv on your TV?
Thanks!

Initially I was reluctant to watch SUNTV but after started watching it I really enjoy it. You can also add HeadLine NEWS and SONY Channels which are pretty good.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014