• 1456 7 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
So per discussion with manager. They are liers... He said corporate is telling him to say its for lifetime however they only put 3 years in the contract. I am afraid to sign this.

Re: Bally Fitness > LA Fitness

I think that LA Fitness might be be feeling the heat -

http://ballyssuit.com/bAlly5/

http://ballyssuit.com/bAlly5/index.php?topic=14.0

My local Planet Fitness started their "$99 for one entire year" deal again.

I got in on this last year. Terms are simple. Prepay $99 and no other fees, and get regular (not black card) access for 1 full year. The sandwich board in front of the gym said the deal is available until the end of the year.

Regarding LA Fitness/BTF:

I figure that, since so many of the Bally locations are a bit run down and in need of TLC.... (The Chatsworth location case and point.) We will possibly get an idea of their long term plans for keeping these locations open, by the amount of fixing and upgrading occurs, going forward.

RE: Bally Fitness > LA Fitness

I went to La Fitness today and got the runaround . Told me that I had a single club membership (not at the club I have been using for 5 yrs). They also told me that I had national access at a LA fitness Clubs only through the end of Dec 2011. They asked me to exchange my Bally ID key card for a LA Fitness car but needed my electronic signature for a "liability waiver". I asked to see the document I wanted to see what I was signing first and they refused to print it out and give it to me .

My membership history - Sportslife >Crunch Passport Plus >Bally Lifetime. I cannot tell from the limited amount of paperwork in my files whether this is for multiple facilities but I have used several Bally Fitness facilities in metro Atlanta area over the years.

So -LA Fitness has "converted" my Bally Lifetime national access membership into a single club membership to club (near the Crunch>Bally location where I originally signed up 12 years ago )which is over 15 miles away . I have not lived anywhere near there or for 8 years

I will see how things go at http://ballyssuit.com/bAlly5/ but it looks like that LA Fitness has destroyed my Bally Lifetime membership and I am looking for another gym (metro Atlanta) .

I had a $5yr membership (lifetime?), which was paid until summer 2013. I just converted it to lafitness and now the same expiration date is showing on lafitness.com.

I'm confused about their $1yr thing. Am I going to pay $1 or $5 or $6 or something else after the expiration date?

I hope I didn't make a mistake by turning in my Bally's card as some are still selling eBay

I also converted from Ballys to LA Fitness since I cancelled my membership last year. I was able to do a $19.99 per month membership, however I had to pay for 3 years (36 months) upfront. There was no initiation fee, therefore total cost $719.76. Arlington, Virginia

My local LA Fitness offered me a 3yr deal/upgrade that works out to approx $35/month (includes $149 initiation and approx $1100) - fully prepaid, and $319 renewal afterwards - though the contract small parint indicates only the first and last month are to be paid.
I'd like to see the $20/month offer. - sure that's a "Signature" offer? (LA Fitness also has other rates for lower level memberships).

Had a similar experience as yours at a new LA Fitness club (was originally Bally's). My membership was Premier with Bally's meaning I could go to any location. Now since my home club is in another state that was not purchased by LA Fitness, I have to get a brand new membership for LA Fitness. It's going to be $13.00 more per month plus $99.00 initiation fee for the same thing I had before. Or $199 fee and $20/month for this one club only. The bad part is that this club is still run down and they don't have any idea when the renovations will start. Not sure what to do as I have only till tomorrow to decide and this offer will disappear and no gym for me nearby. This club is only 5 blocks from my house. Guess that's the way things go with corporate takeovers!

I have Bally's membership with rate of 5$/year. I have paid 1 year upfront and my due is not until september 2012. But somehow, they cannot find me in the system. What is going on? I gave them my Bally's card and they ask for my phone number. How the hell I can remember my phone number from 12 years ago? Both Bally's fitness and LA fitness must have done something wrong but the loss is on us.

Attn LA fitness/Bally's fitness: if you read my msg, I just let you know that we can afford to lose the money but your life won't be anywhere. All bad Karma will come around you for the rest of your life although you have our money. Hope you have such a bad New Year ever!!!!

I was also screwed by Bally's/LA Fitness due to the home club issue and my membership not transferring.

Several of us over at ballyssuit.com are starting to work with attorneys. Please read the thread I linked to for contact info. I've been in touch with the Chicago attorney and he is looking for people like myself in the Chicago area or midwest and is hoping to file suit next week. PM me if you need more info.

Zon said:   I was also screwed by Bally's/LA Fitness due to the home club issue and my membership not transferring.

Several of us over at ballyssuit.com are starting to work with attorneys. Please read the thread I linked to for contact info. I've been in touch with the Chicago attorney and he is looking for people like myself in the Chicago area or midwest and is hoping to file suit next week. PM me if you need more info.

Well LAF has told me that the dealine for transferring passed and that they will not transfer anymore accounts even if my club was bought by them. Right now I cannot work out even when I am prepaid to end of 2013. I tried that bally suit site you mention and it says for members only. I try to register and it says that registration is closed.

So now that LAF puts a deadline that site closes at the same time. This makes no sense.

I PM'd you the attorney info. I knew they closed that site to new members but I didn't realize you had to be a member to read posts. I'm not sure why they did that. If anyone else wants the attorney info just post or PM me.

I am also a victim of Bally's unprofessional management policies. When I applied for membership at Bally's, I specifically requested them that I be enrolled month-to-month. Bally's rep who took my appicatiion assured me that my membership was on a month-to-month basis and that I have the option of quitting anytime.

I went to the Bally's fitness club maybe a week. Due to my busy schedule, I could not afford to keep going there. SO I quit.

Six month later I started receiving collection call from Bally's thugs.

If you can sedn me the attorney details, I would like to join the suit as well.

my email is genuser@live.com

Raman.

Your issue seems more having to do with not understanding your contract. Not really related to what we are pursuing in regards to the sale of Bally's to LA Fitness.

Zon said:   I PM'd you the attorney info. I knew they closed that site to new members but I didn't realize you had to be a member to read posts. I'm not sure why they did that. If anyone else wants the attorney info just post or PM me.

Hi thanks for the info on the attorney. Will contact him tomorrow. I saw in the news that the lawsuit was already filed today. Keep us posted.

Like many of you, I walked into my local Ballys and found out LA Fitness had taken over. Since I had NOT purchased my membership at this location, I had to join LA Fitness to use the facilties. With a pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, track, etc ... it's a great gym... so I forked over $700 for 3 years... I still have my Ballys membership at $85 a year... but they are nowhere near me. What can you do?

PM sent with the info.

I am in Chicago and am having the same issues. They can't find my membership number or phone numbe and home club issue. Ballys said they tranfered my membership on December 22 but no results. I have a premier plus membership with Bally's, or do I?? Let me know if there is any recourse.

A website has been setup to join the Bally's/LAF class action. If you have any questions email the attorney linked on the website.

http://www.ballyslafitnesslawsuit.com/

So I know I missed any year-end deals, but am I pretty much going to be screwed on pricing because I want to join now (January)? I was offered $29.99/month at my local LAF (I would have access to the home location only) with no contract or initiation fee. I assume I will be able to change to a new home location at a later time if I move. Is this a good deal? It'd be $5/month more for access to the raquetball court, but I have no desire for that. I don't know if there is any room to negotiate or if I should just go for this.

LostConsumer said:   So I know I missed any year-end deals, but am I pretty much going to be screwed on pricing because I want to join now (January)? I was offered $29.99/month at my local LAF (I would have access to the home location only) with no contract or initiation fee. I assume I will be able to change to a new home location at a later time if I move. Is this a good deal? It'd be $5/month more for access to the raquetball court, but I have no desire for that. I don't know if there is any room to negotiate or if I should just go for this.
~882 for 3 yrs including raquetball

If anyone with a Bally Total Fitness lifetime membership missed the opportunity to transfer to LA Fitness, I just called BTF at 866-402-2559 and got my lifetime membership transferred over the LAF. Please note that my lifetime membership did not belong to one of the clubs acquired by LAF. If I can believe the operator at BTF, everything about my membership will transfer over to LAF - at the same terms and renewal rate. They said they could not provide any written documentation of the transaction, which bothers me, but the offer sounds too good to pass up. I heard the same offer from 2 BTF reps.

I am not too sure I can visit an LAF nationwide, but at least LAFs in the local area which is probably good enough. BTF did check to make sure the club I visited last did convert to LAF. There are no BTFs within 200 miles of me, so I was really stranded when the acquistion occurred.

According the operator, there was a policy change about 1 month ago to allow BTF lifetime members to transfer to LAF. I am assuming you have to be an area where there are no BTFs and only LAFs clubs to be eligible. I'll update if anything happens that is contrary to what BTF said over the phone.

i got totally screwed with my membership at Bally's. i got sick in 2011 so i wasn't paying attention to see if they took out my yearly membership dues. low and behold come january 2012, L.A. Fitness is th new owner and if you were current at that time you were automatically transferred. since i was not current, i wasn't. i've been a member since 1991 and i paid $90.00 a year. now i'm screwed! does anyone have any advice? PLEASE!!

please send me th link to th attorney regarding a class suit against Bally's. i got screwed! thanks!

About 3 weeks ago, I too called Bally's to have them switch my "all club" lifetime membership (which originated in San Antonio, TX) to LA Fitness in Pasadena, CA...which is where I now live.

I received a confirmation number from the Bally's representative, who told me that my membership with Bally's was going to be terminated when it gets transferred over to LA Fitness, and he even set my "home gym" as the one I usually would go to in Pasadena. The rep also said that the transfer would take about 7 to 10 business days.

Unfortunately, the transfer STILL has not happened, and when I called Bally's a couple of days ago to follow up, the rep said that they show that my account is flagged to be transferred but could not say when. I am basically stuck in limbo. I told the rep that I was told that the transfer would take only 7 to 10 business days, and the rep replied that I should not have been told that by the previous rep. The second rep said that it could take several weeks...even months! She said that she couldn't tell me anything more than that, as if she was eager to get me off of the phone.

If I want to work out, I basically have to join LA Fitness (or some other club), as I can't wait forever for Bally's to honor my request to transfer my Bally's membership. In the meantime, Bally's is still billing me for my regular membership, which, if I cancel it, would thwart any chance of them transferring my membership over to LA Fitness.

The whole situation sucks. :/

me and my buddies are going to join 24 hours fitness soon, I hope to find more people for more barganing power, is there anyone interested?

As an update, my BTF membership transfer to LAF just went through, and I was not an "acquired" club member. I have all the same benefits with LAF as I had previously as a BTF lifetime national member. It has been a long journey and a royal pain in the neck - multiple calls, discussions, and uncertaintly, but they did come through for me. My guess is that it's cheaper for LAF to let a few in rather than fighting a lawsuit, and perhaps paying treble damages. Patience and persistence helps.

adeifshiv said:   me and my buddies are going to join 24 hours fitness soon, I hope to find more people for more barganing power, is there anyone interested?

THIS as well

(socal)PM me

You may still have a chance at saving your membership. This happened to me as well. Walk into a former Bally's (preferably one that still has old Bally employees) and tell them you need to pay your dues. Once you've done that, take your pic for your new la fitness key tag and enjoy your workout motivated by your super cheap membership. Mine was $11/month and I nearly cried at the thought of loosing that for a $34.99 membership which is what they tried to sell me when I thought all was lost. Good luck to you!

Nevermind, was able to negotiate the LAF price I wanted. Thanks.

What kind of deal did you get for LA Fitness? I am trying to sign up with them.

Looking for some numbers as guidelines as LAF. Best offer so far, is family plan.

$294 initiation
$20 monthly or if you prepay for 2 years, 3rd year free. with 4 person split it works out to be about $555, for 3 years.

I was offered a member +1 plan at LA Fitness, it was $35/month with no initiation fee, plus another $30 so I could bring one friend each time I visited. $65/month for two people with no startup cost. This was at a Signature club in Seattle.

I have been a Bally member since 1987, Premier member, $52/year lifetime renewal. I originally joined a "regular" Bally's club (was Jack Lalane), then they opened a "gold" club (later called Premeier) closer to my house and I got the lifetime gold upgrade to change and join (around 1989). It included spa, raquetball, tennis. locker, etc. Well I kept it up all these years and did the conversion a few months ago as they told me. Problem is they locked me into a "home club" 50 miles away from me and I have never been to. Also it has no racquetball. There is an LA Fitness close to my house that has racquetball and but I cant make a reservation because my home club doesn't have it. There is no telephone # to call and I don't want to go in and get bamboozled. I did not sign any papers and never turned in my old Bally card. I would think since I had a gold membership with raquetball LA fitness would have to honor me? What do you think?

Please can you tell me where you got this deal and if this is an all club deal
Thanks

Please can you tell me where you go that deal - possible contact would be great

Looking for some numbers as guidelines as LAF. Best offer so far, is family plan.

$294 initiation
$20 monthly or if you prepay for 2 years, 3rd year free. with 4 person split it works out to be about $555, for 3 years.

LA Fitness
Scottsdale, AZ
Date: 03/2012
AVG Monthly: $19
Price: Paid in full, 3 years for $699
Duration: 3yr

LA Fitness

Glendale, Az
1/20/2005
$24.99/month, $100 initiation fee, 1st and last month = $150
Month to Month
Any gym anystate unrestricted
passionphish

I only got this deal because of the Grand Opening of the Glendale location. The salesman at the time offered this to me. I got a deal for my parents at somewhere around $18/month no initiation because I went in to add them to my account as family, but when the manager found out they would be getting all access for $30/month (the deal at the time was add any family member for $30 no initiation), she offered them statewide at $18. Also, from what I heard, they don't like to offer all access because the gym that signed you up doesn't get your money, only corporate does. I don't think you can get this kind of a deal anymore.

Any good deals for 24 Hour Fitness going on now?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014