• Text Only
La Fitness

Diamond Bar, CA
9/11/2004
3 Years.
Renew annually for $210.00

doesn't feel like a great deal compared to the people who pay $50/year

Fitness USA ELITE in bayarea, CA

Where did you guys get these 24 Hr packages from ? I recently have a group deal for the ELITE package with $750 for 3 yr and $50 every year after. Is the ELITE that much better ?

CLUB NAME : l.a. fitness
CITY, STATE : los angeles, CA
DATE OF DEAL/OFFER : June 2007
PRICE : $19 / month - through association with western university - no upfront fees
DURATION : month to month

Are there's any deals for 24 hour fitness in the LA or OC area?

24 Hour Fitness
San Francisco, CA
6/10/2008 - 6/17/2008
Person 1 - $599/3 yrs, $99/yr after that
Person 2 - $399/3 yrs, $99/yr after that
Prepay 3 yrs upfront

The salesguy said this was a "special offer" that expires on the 17th and other clubs may not be offering. Not sure of the truth to that, so you can ask at your local 24 hr. I went to the one in downtown SF, on 100 California St. I talked to Rolando there who made it seem like he is a special gatekeeper to this deal. He was a nice guy though, not pushy.

24 Hour Fitness

Pasadena, CA
July 17, 2008
$649/3 years, then $49/year renewal
Prepaid

Had to haggle for this price. My friend was going from $30 month-to-month to pre-pay. I called a few different locations and they offered:
1) First club $699/3yrs, then $69/year after;
2) Next club $649/3yrs, then $99/year after;
3) Third club $599/yrs, then $99/year after.
I had to talk with the club manager since it was a special situation. I think I might have been able to get $599 for the first 3 years, but I didn't push it more than I already did. The package comes with 4 training sessions. They were telling me that the renewals are going to be going up. I am not sure, but it seems to me some people here got $29/year after their 3 year pre-paid earlier this year. There isn't much room to haggle, but this board helped and also check 24 Hour Fitness website because they have good specials on there.

24 Hour Fitness

San Bruno, CA
July 17, 2008
$849/3 years, then $49/year renewal
Prepaid

FYI, there's a new super sport opening up nearby in San Mateo, CA. This mofo says to me that it's $849 for 3 years and it's discounted from ~$1000. On top of that, he says it's the last day to upgrade before the new pricing takes effect. Are memberships to super sport really this expensive or is this guy trying to take my from behind because of the new gym opening up? BTW, I signed up for a 3 year $599 super membership and had the $100 training sessions reimbursed. Can I do this with the super sport membership as well? This guy said I couldn't.

llcoojoe - you signed up for a sport club membership? $599 for 3 years, but what's your renewal after the 3 years? I would think the super-sport memberships are pretty expensive. Here in LA, there aren't many super-sport clubs. Mainly active and sport.

@bruintennis - Yeah that's the amount I paid for. It's $50/yr after 3 years. After I got the training sessions refunded, it was down to $500. The only reason I'm considering upgrading to super sport is cuz it's close to my work and apparently, they're opening up several super sports in the Bay area. Oh yeah, I just checked 24hourfitness.com and I could have a super sport membership for $900 w/ $150 renewal. Those stupid training sessions are valued at $200, so I could possibly get it down to $700. Still thinking if it's worth the hassle and money.

Yeah, if you can get the price down, then the super sport is a good deal. Personally, I've never been to a super sport, but it must be nicer than the sport ones I've been to.

Anymore updates here?

Please add to Quick Summary section.

In CA and TX Express Fitness/The Right Stuff/Fitness 19....no no-frill gyms (tons of cardio/weights and lots of speciality classes) basic shower/locker rooms. $19 a month / no contract. As far as I know it's not a special deal, just their everyday price. Family memberships available for an add'l $15 per person.

Bally Fitness
Penn Hills, PA
Paid around $50 Down
Was paying $45/month for 3 year contract until they went Bankrupt and then paid rest off at huge discount of around $900.

Does anyone have a list of companies that have negotiated rates for LA Fitness and what those rates are? I think this information would help a lot of people, who don't realize that they may be able to get better rates..... Thanks

These are really useful. I got my roommate a good deal at 24hr 5 yrs ago from FW (it was meeting up w/30+ other FW'ers). I also got my gym deal here.

I notice on 24, they are opening super and ultra sport clubs. so my sports membership isn't going to be very valuable in about 3 more years. still a good deal for the time i had/have it. are there any good 24hr deals that include supersports and ultrasports?

24 hr. fitness
3yr sports, 99 renewal, 5 training sessions, body bugg, $685 in San Diego County.

tried a couple place, now they are saying they cant change the price anymore, standard price for 3 yr prepaid is 699 -100 coupon and 99 renewal. had a conversation witht the district manager , he said the system will not accept any altered price anymore .....

I need a membership ....

lok214 said: tried a couple place, now they are saying they cant change the price anymore, standard price for 3 yr prepaid is 699 -100 coupon and 99 renewal. had a conversation witht the district manager , he said the system will not accept any altered price anymore .....

I need a membership ....

Are you referring to 24hr in San Diego? If so, the DM is BS'ing you - he's a former acquaintance of mine, real piece of work.

Any HOT deals for American Family Fitness, YMCA, etc?

lol, oh the one the I talked to is in the Bay area I believe.

Hey all you 24hourfitness gurus, I purchased a lifetime all-club sport membership and they just opened up a few new super-sports in the area. Does anyone know if I can upgrade my lifetime membership? I pay $29/year to keep it alive.

thanks!

gfunk4698844 said: Hey all you 24hourfitness gurus, I purchased a lifetime all-club sport membership and they just opened up a few new super-sports in the area. Does anyone know if I can upgrade my lifetime membership? I pay $29/year to keep it alive.

thanks!

What did 24HrFitness say when you called them and asked?

Saw the deal re: 24 hour.

Do you know if this deal is still on? Was there a group membership you had to use to get this?

Thanks
Jim

What deal? There are several mentioned in this thread.

received this offer for two people
1rst Person - $0 Registration - $34.99 a month
2nd Person - $0 Registration - $34.99 a month
3rd Person - $0 Registration - $???

24hour fitness:

I just walked in with a 7day pass and the guy was asking me if i was interested in getting membership, I told him I was if the price was right, he showed me the prices, i told him those were the same ones on the website... he said thats what they had, i said i heard another location was giving it at X price, he said all clubs have the same price. I told him I'd get it if it was that price... He spoke to his manager, he gave it to me, took a total of 15 mins or so.

3 years, all-club, 4 training sessions - $599 and only $99/year after that. (does not include super locations)

What city?

KoticPhreak said: 24hour fitness:

I just walked in with a 7day pass and the guy was asking me if i was interested in getting membership, I told him I was if the price was right, he showed me the prices, i told him those were the same ones on the website... he said thats what they had, i said i heard another location was giving it at X price, he said all clubs have the same price. I told him I'd get it if it was that price... He spoke to his manager, he gave it to me, took a total of 15 mins or so.

3 years, all-club, 4 training sessions - $599 and only $99/year after that. (does not include super locations)

Post here if our company has a wellness plan and with what gym please.

Is it better to get this and get a $99/year or is it better to get the costco's offer for 2 years?

Costco's offer

RMAC said: What city?

This was in west hills, CA (valley of LA)

SuperOcean said: Is it better to get this and get a $99/year or is it better to get the costco's offer for 2 years?

Costco's offer

it really depends. do you plan on having the membership for over 5 years? if so, then get the 3 year deal, if no or ur not sure, stick with costco.

What can a club do if they catch me sharing my membership with my wife?

hdpq said: What can a club do if they catch me sharing my membership with my wife?

it really depends on the club, read your contract, some can cancel your membership without giving u a refund if you break the rules...

LA Fitness

Date: November 2008
Price: 1st/last month upfront; 39.99/mo
Duration: Month-to-Month
Extras/Stipulations: $0 Initiation fee, all PA locations included/Use of racquet ball court not included
User: brath79

FYI: check out your local college for their community rates. I ended up leaving LA Fitness and joining MSOE (Milwaukee School of Engineering). They have a corporate plan through my employer making it $30 / month. It's much closer than LA Fitness for me and they're not pushy at all.

I heard when you sign up to this gyms and you cancel they will bill you and change your contract so they can bill you some more.

Best deal for 24 hour Fitness is to prepay two years through the costco.com special for 299.00 good at all clubs.

Any good LA Fitness Deals in Washington State?

24-Hour Fitness
Costco.Com Purchase (no Costco membership required)
Jan 2009
$299 Prepaid gets you a 24-Month All Sport Clubs Membership
Excludes Ultra & Super Sport Clubs, but reviews on Costco say this is a legit, no-hassle deal.
Best Deal EVER, average cost is 12.46/month

Link: Costco

24-Hour Fitness
Costco.Com Purchase (no Costco membership required)
Jan 2009
$299 Prepaid gets you a 24-Month All Sport Clubs Membership
Excludes Ultra & Super Sport Clubs, but reviews on Costco say this is a legit, no-hassle deal.
Best Deal EVER, average cost is 12.46/month

Link: Costco

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.