• 14 5 678
  • Page
  • Text Only
LA Fitness What a joke. They "rip off" After a 2 yr membership at 34 mo I decided I wanted to get a personal trainer Paid them $ 2,400 for it. In the contract was 100% refund of what ever you had not use this is if you moved more than 20 mi away from any club. I was getting married did not use but 10 sessions of the 144, When I followed the rules and asked for my money back they started to change the contract on me not only did they ripped me off but one of the trainers was using my sessions to train other members! I carried a book and made the trainers sign my book and enter the hours I used every time I came into the gym. this did not help they found out about the trainer and only offered me 14 sessions nothing else!!!!!...what a night mare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LA Fitness Thieves, Cheaters, Liars, and Sleazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know what are the prices for a LA Fitness Signature Club (or Esporta) membership?

One opened up in Secacus, NJ a few months ago.

I joined the regular LA Fitness in Clifton, NJ online with their $0 down/ ~$7 a week offer w/o contract, but you are unable to join a Signature Club online.

Bally Total Fitness has a very old membership type that is sold on eBay sometimes that pretty much gives you the access to all US locations + Canada for free for life (yours or the company's). You just gotta get this membership transferred from one member to another, but you don't pay anything to Bally ever.

Just joined LA Fitness in Havertown, PA last week. They offered me $49 initiation fee and $29.99/mo for me....or if my girlfriend joined also, it was $99 initiation fee and $44.99/mo....Got what I felt was a pretty good deal @ 22.50/each per month.

Ah, the good old days. I just paid $20 to renew my 24 Hour Fitness membership for another year.

Want to check out LA Fitness and Powerhouse Gym using the free guest pass. What's the best way to avoid the usual high pressure sales follow-up BS? Use fake phone and junk email account? Last time I went for a tour at Bally's
. They called me every 2 days to follow-up.

Just got this offer - L.A. Fitness - Troy, MI (as you can imagine, with the economy here, these guys are desperate).

$599 up front. No initiation.
1 Member full time, 2 guests every time for free
Free racket ball
Use of clubs nationwide.

What do you think?

weasel2 said: Just got this offer - L.A. Fitness - Troy, MI (as you can imagine, with the economy here, these guys are desperate).

Free racket ball
Use of clubs nationwide.

What do you think?

$450 / 3 years. 24 hours fitness is cheaper.

While most of these posts seem to involve LA Fitness check out the R.E.A.C.T. Krav Maga training center in AZ. There is no month to month but there is a 3 month plan for only $700.00, paid in advance (more than $200 a month!!) or a year contract at $121.00 a month. This place has no weight machines, pool or amenieties except for some kettle bells, punching bags and core boards. The training is ok though. We made the mistake of signing up and when taking various classes over a 2 month period, the classes we were most interested in did not have enough equipment to go around thus members had to share equipment. Furthermore, we asked to be released from the contract due to financial issues popping up, the management refused and said that we needed to pay the whole year as we were in a contract..no exceptions except if we moved more than 20 miles away. Absurd!! Steer clear as this place is pricy!!!!!

While most of these posts seem to involve LA Fitness check out the R.E.A.C.T. Krav Maga training center in AZ. There is no month to month but there is a 3 month plan for only $700.00, paid in advance (more than $200 a month!!) or a year contract at $121.00 a month. This place has no weight machines, pool or amenieties except for some kettle bells, punching bags and core boards. The training is ok though. We made the mistake of signing up and when taking various classes over a 2 month period, the classes we were most interested in did not have enough equipment to go around thus members had to share equipment. Furthermore, we asked to be released from the contract due to financial issues popping up, the management refused and said that we needed to pay the whole year as we were in a contract..no exceptions except if we moved more than 20 miles away. Absurd!! Steer clear as this place is pricy!!!!!

Ok I finally joined LA fitness and I think I love it so far.

i got my "lifetime" membership for $700
3 years for $700 and then $29 a year for the rest of my life.
oh, this was in Los Angeles

Which 24 Hour Fitness in Los Angeles did you get it from?
They tell me that they are no longer offering the lifetime membership

Which 24 Hour Fitness in Los Angeles did you get it from?
They tell me that they are no longer offering the lifetime membership

Listen. If anyone is looking to get started with LA Fitness, you need to contact me. I will hook you up. Shoot me a message or email at lafitnessmemberships@yahoo.com

Are there any current deals for LA Fitness?

CLUB NAME Planet Fitness

CITY, STATE - Phila, PA
DATE OF DEAL/OFFER $0
PRICE $10/month( $20/month included unlimited guest card)
DURATION month to month
EXTRAS/INCENTIVES/STIPULATIONS/COMMENTS - with $20 plan, you can visit any planet fitness

I am looking for deals in the Atlanta GA metro near Roswell . I have a Bally's lifetime member ship and paying about $!5/month . However, things have gotten really bad at the Roswell Bally's facility ( broken equipment, few classes, pool often closed, filthy ) that want to go elsewhere . Any recommendations / deals

look for LA fitness deal in Los Angeles area.

24 Hour Fitness rules the world!!!!

They don't have any facilities in my area ( Atlanta, GA )

lance said:   24 Hour Fitness rules the world!!!!

any deals for LA fitness in the LA area?????

i am trying to get la fitness membership in alhambra, ca. they are offering $199 initiation fee and $35 per month with 2 guests allowed each time you come in. Do you think this is an ok deal. The thing is the main member has to come all the time so the two guests can come. It would be for my son's father, my son and me.

CLUB NAME: L.A. Fitness
CITY, STATE: Vancouver, WA
DATE OF DEAL/OFFER: 12/30/2010
PRICE: $486.88 first year (includes $175 initiation fee and $311.88 first year's dues), "Guaranteed $155 fixed annual renewal rate for life."
DURATION: annual renewal
EXTRAS/INCENTIVES/STIPULATIONS/COMMENTS: "Premier" membership type (good for all clubs, includes full club use, including classes)
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The fine print in the actual contract says, "It is guaranteed that your monthly membership dues will not increase for three years from the date of enrollment.", which could, technically, be considered a contradiction to the "guaranteed fixed annual renewal rate for life" that the manager indicated I would get. I tried to pay for five years in advance (to make certain the "three year" language wouldn't bite me later on) but the manager indicated that the system would only allow one additional year to be paid with this particular contract. He also said that the "three year" language is there for all contracts because it's just a standard form and that most people pay by the month. Sounds a little fishy to me, but we'll see what happens come renewal time.

It sure would be nice if the fitness clubs would provide clear contracts with exactly the language that you agreed upon with the sales person (such as "renewal rate is guranteed for life, as long as the member is paid up and in good standing..." or something similar), especially since, by the time your renewal date rolls around, the sales person will be long gone, and then it's your word of what the sales person promised against the actual verbiage of the contract. With all the problems that so many people experience with fitness clubs, they could even use this as part of their marketing and sales ("no fine print, no sleazy sales gimmicks; just good health...").

sorry bluesman99... but I already know whats going to happen after 3 years.... The price is going to go up....

My local 24 Hour Fitness upgraded from sport to either super sport or ultra. They have towel service, and tv's on the machines. Anyhow, sport members who previously used that gym may continue to do so without upgrading. Pretty nice.

I'm looking for a good deal from LA Fitness, Secaucus NJ, anyone can help me? Current plan that they offered me $199 initiation fee (TOO HIGH) and 59.99x month with 2 guests.

I'm looking for a good deal from LA Fitness, Secaucus NJ, anyone can help me? Current plan that they offered me $199 initiation fee (TOO HIGH) and 59.99x month with 2 guests.

any recent deals on LA fitness ?

I haven't found any good deals. They do the pre-paid packages but in the long run, the savings are not significant to justify the pre-payment and you are locked in so if you move or anything happens, you are out the money. I got my gym membership via my health plan blue cross blue shield where they have set $25/month rates with major clubs like 24 and Ballys. Best of all, no contract!

weasel2 said:
Just got this offer - L.A. Fitness - Troy, MI (as you can imagine, with the economy here, these guys are desperate).

Free racket ball
Use of clubs nationwide.

What do you think?
Is this for 1 year only?

Someone from la fitness new hyde park NY. whats the best rate for month to month or prepaid? if anyone some insight on their prices please help

Thanks

My 24 fitness costco plan is expiring this week. Is there any cheap rate to continue my membership? This is for CA:LA

glee15 said:   i got my "lifetime" membership for $700
3 years for $700 and then $29 a year for the rest of my life.
oh, this was in Los Angeles

Are they still doing this?

me as well. did you find any good deals with them? if you're a member now, what's your rate? thanks

LA Fitness - Harbor City/Torrance P.O./West Carson, CA
Signed up in Feb 2011
$39.95/month;
+ $199 initiation & first & last month = $278.90 total at sign-up;
No contract;
membership allows 1 member and 2 guests at all times.

I was told LA Fitness is planning on opening more locations with this same offer. It's a good deal for couples, groups or families.

Signed up in Feb 2011
$39.95/month;
No contract;

this offer, i got this too
LA fitness- Moreno Valley, CA
$580 for first year
$399 every year after that
no contract, premier (dont know what that means)
"membership allows 1 member and 2 guests at all time"
this part, im skeptical about it. is it written anywhere?
will every LA fitness accept that and know what it is if u just bring a guest to a new gym?

Signed up in Feb 2011
$39.95/month;
No contract;

this offer, i got this too
LA fitness- Moreno Valley, CA
$580 for first year
$399 every year after that
no contract, premier (dont know what that means)
"membership allows 1 member and 2 guests at all time"
this part, im skeptical about it. is it written anywhere?
will every LA fitness accept that and know what it is if u just bring a guest to a new gym?

Got this offer via @LAFitness on Twitter.

Premier Membership (access to any LA Fitness except Signature and NY Clubs), courts, $9.99 initiation and $29.99 a month. Offer ends Sunday 6/12/11.

Probably gonna do it. Seems like a sweet deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.