restriction is only 50+ age
about 60 machines, walking track, large pool
Computers, fitness classes, pool room, library
Basketball court, tv room,crafts,
Lorenw

Planet Fitness
Black card membership
$40 Annual Fee
$20 Monthly Fee( with unlimited guess pass)
Access to any planet fitess
Free Pizza 1st monday of the month!

White card membership
$60 Annual Fee
$10 Monthly Fee
Free Pizza 1st monday of the month!

nothing on lifetime fitness? they seem like an interesting club

For Planet Fitness, I see they have the option of getting a membership that entitles you to use any location or a discounted version for only one location near you. Later, if you move it looks like you can transfer your membership to a different location. Can someone tell me what the benefit would be over one type of membership over the other?

riznick said:   My local 24 Hour Fitness upgraded from sport to either super sport or ultra. They have towel service, and tv's on the machines. Anyhow, sport members who previously used that gym may continue to do so without upgrading. Pretty nice.

Lucky. They built new one ( 3 minutes from my house ), but it is Super Sport.
Costco membership is for All sports only so it is not working and the closest one is like 30 minutes away.
No lifetime membership offers also ...

And I don't really need all this "Super sport" crap like pool, sauna. Can even live with my own towel ... morons.

Any upcoming good deals for Super Sport? Or way to upgrade All Sports to Super Sport for reasonable price?

Ooops said:   riznick said:   My local 24 Hour Fitness upgraded from sport to either super sport or ultra. They have towel service, and tv's on the machines. Anyhow, sport members who previously used that gym may continue to do so without upgrading. Pretty nice.

Lucky. They built new one ( 3 minutes from my house ), but it is Super Sport.
Costco membership is for All sports only so it is not working and the closest one is like 30 minutes away.
No lifetime membership offers also ...

And I don't really need all this "Super sport" crap like pool, sauna. Can even live with my own towel ... morons.

Any upcoming good deals for Super Sport? Or way to upgrade All Sports to Super Sport for reasonable price?

Bump this... Anybody?

I joined a few months ago, $60, month to month. Outdoor pool, indoor pool, open all day and night, sauna, lots of free classes.

Are there any current deals for LA Fitness?

Another vote for Planet Fitness

I got in on the $99 for one year (no other fees) in Dec last year. Its been a great gym for me and had everything I needed. They ran the same $99 for one year promo at my location two weeks ago so its still alive in some places.

This gym doesn't have pools or sauna but all the equipment is new, very well maintained big TVs on the wall with headphone plugs on all cardio equipment.

This works out to $8.25/month. A freakin' steal if you ask me.

24 Hour Fitness ~ bring about 10 to 15 people in and demand a great deal. Unfortunately, this isnt easy to do but I was fortunate to bring about 15 people in and the manager of a So. Cal 24 Hour Fitness offered us a 5 dollar monthly fee for access to all 24 Hour Fitness / sport facilities. Good luck for all those who can pull this off

Yes

Costco just raised the price of theirs to $319 for 2 years

Unlikely as that is how Nautilus Fitness Centers failed in Hawaii. Lifetime memberships doomed those clubs.

canceled a BellyFitness membership in 2010.
got a vocher, login that old account, found a good offer.
$99 for one year, or 199 for two years.
re-start my old national membership in Chicago
paid 120, 99 for one year and 20 for a new wireless card

Has anyone tried one of those corporate ID codes from a google search? Did the front desk as for proof of employment when you entered?

I think Costco has the best deal for 24 hr Fitness; I'm in!!!!

Has anyone heard what is happening with LA Fitness purchasing Bally Total Fitness locations? In NY, I understand that LA Fitness are purchasing locations at Levittown, Copiague, and Lake Grove, but IIRC, LA Fitness already has location in Levittown. Will they be honoring Bally memberships or are we out of luck?

Personel wearing Black Shirts, rather than Bally Red (LA Fitness?) were at Bally Chatsworth. One of them said guests will not be impacted and memberships will be honored. They are closing tomorrow at 5PM. I was told this was to transition to LA Fitness.

I was told on phone by Bally phone support, that after ones renewal date passes, LA Fitness will give one month for you to consider their new price. Pay it, or leave it.

So, renewed under the wire to extend my membership to 2014, at much lower rate than LA Fitness will likely offer. For me, that's about $170/yr.

Bally has been raising my dues every term. It was $88/Yr when I joined Holiday Spa in 85.

Got this email from Bally Total Fitness tonight. I am curious how they will handle memberships that allow use of any Bally club (e.g. Premier Plus):

Dear Member:

Bally Total Fitnessģ has made the decision to focus our portfolio of fitness centers in certain key markets. As a result, we will be transitioning ownership of a number of our clubs, including your home club, to Fitness International, LLC, an affiliate of LA Fitness International, LLC ("LA Fitness").

LA Fitness will take over the clubs it is acquiring and assume your membership agreement effective December 1, 2011. As a result your payments will be collected by LA Fitness going forward using the same account as did BallySM. You can find more details on our website and at www.lafitness.com.

It has been our pleasure to serve you, and we thank you for your loyalty to Bally Total Fitness through the years. We wish you continued success in pursuing and achieving your fitness goals.

Yours in Health,

Bally Total Fitness

They will honor your membership but when you go to renew they will jack the rates up on you. You should get an email to that effect pretty soon if not already.

I had been a member for so long at Bally's that my renewals were coming in about $100 a year for me about $120 a year for my wife. We didn't go much and I have not renewed in several years. But that's going to be all over. The wife wants me to let her's lapse and buy a treadmill for the house so it can collect dust in our bedroom.

got same email. you can still go to any club if that's the membership you had. if you had a one club deal and your home club is closing they switch it to another location automatically like they did in our case. when you renew, that's when they will hammer you. my wife's membership was like $120 a year but it looks like those days are over.

i'm a current ballys member, the club that i go to is turning into LA fitness, & they just opended a brand new LA fitness closer to my house.
Can i go to the one closer to my house, since they will be LA fitness all together. I have a year paid, in august it will expire.
I already verified my account on the lafitness website, & it says my home club is the one that they are changing to la fitness.

Do i specifically have to go to that one only ? I dont know if i have one club access , or local or national, i doubt i have national.

I got the same deal as fastness . i was paying monthly, then cancelled, & then made me an offer to go back, for a year for $100.00.

Chatsworth ballys location closing. None of the new employees have any answers to membership questions. Its already a painful/ inconvenient and so far unpleasant transition. Anyone who's knows something should be working this location.

RE: Bally > La Fitness

I have a Bally lifetime membership with a very low monthly fee. Will my membership be grandfathered ?

I wonder if they will close the location in Roswell, GA or renovate it .

someone needs to file a lawsuit against LA fitness for screwing all the ballys members with the premier plus memberships and such... They bought the gyms and are going to close them down and say ballys members can only go to the preexisting ballys clubs unless they pay x dollars a month more to go to lafitness gyms.

RE: Bally > La Fitness

geldrop - Thanks for the information . I wonder what the various states' Dept of Consumer Affairs / AG office think of this ?
There's always Clark Howard and Ripoff Ripoff report for complaints .

I was able to login to "my account" at La Fitness and saw this -

--snip--" Welcome Bally Members

Your Membership Access

If you hold a One Club Bally membership the club you can use is shown at the bottom of this page
Local Club access is still local club Bally plus the club listed below
National Club access is still national club Bally access
Whether local or national, itís only to the Bally clubs acquired by Fitness International

Additional Membership Access In December

We want to welcome you by inviting you to use all of the LA Fitness clubs across the country, including our Signature clubs, during the entire month of December. This will give you an opportunity to see and experience what we have to offer. Your regular membership access will resume in January. "

--snip--

geldrop said:   someone needs to file a lawsuit against LA fitness for screwing all the ballys members with the premier plus memberships and such... They bought the gyms and are going to close them down and say ballys members can only go to the preexisting ballys clubs unless they pay x dollars a month more to go to lafitness gyms.

edit - I recently ran across this -

"There are 2 new websites forming to gather information and negotiate with LA Fitness on this exact situation. They are also interviewing high end attorneys to file a class action lawsuit if there negotiations fail. The sites are the same they are going to be collecting possible names to add to the negotiations or the suit. The hope is they will be able to avoid a suit and still satisfy the Bally's lifetime members. The site is lafitnesssuit.com and ballyssuit.com I know they are in the start up phase so be patient."

I confirmed before the transition that my renewal processed and my expiration date was Aug/2014.

I now go on LA Fitness and they have the old 2012 expiration. Good thing I took screen caps of the Bally's info, as that access is now locked out.

Hey Mammoaf...Is Ballys Chatsworth closing? Or, were you asking if it was?

Yes, the wording says that Premier members will only be able to go to previous Bally locations!

That is harsh, especially when it appears LA Fitness members can go to the Bally locations making these more crowded.

If my Chatsworth Bally closes (5 minutes from home), I will have to drive all the way to Encino, or North Hollywood...In LA traffic! Besides, no Bally location has the pool the Chatsworth site has, since it was a swim club even before it was Holiday Spa.

Anyone try calling the LA Fitness number listed on their site?

Two days and fast busy signal every time on my end.

So more information for you ballys premier members.

1. Premier members membership is valid at previous ballys locations until the date they are paid up to.
2. Short term promotion for month of December to Upgrade and use LA fitness locations. 20 per month for life without increases (not a bad deal really for national access)
3. You may be able to talk your local LA fitness into either refunding you the months you are paid up to for the bally access since, waiting until monday to speak to manager. Basically person A bally club only access until 2013 vs. person B access until 2/2012 are treated as equals when clearly they are not if both upgrade to the 20 per month LA fitness deal.
4. If you don't pay the 20 per month you will really be screwed since LA fitness is gradually closing all the outdated Ballys facilities they purchased. so unless you upgrade you will have a membership to a gym with no convenient locations.
5. If you have questions call your local LA fitness...

If any of you are lawyers or know of any that do big class action status. I suggest you start a lawsuit it seems very unfair to restrict ballys members to former ballys clubs and close most of them. In addition even though my expiration date is through 2012 it is worthless if there is no club I can go to. It is also worthless if i decide to pay the 20 a month for the LA fitness upgrade since that would entitle me to all the former bally clubs regardless. I personally plan on upgrading and paying 20 a month more and will try to talk the manager into either refunding me the 200 or so dollars I had paid for my ballys membership through 2012 or apply it my upgraded membership. I also intend to speak vocally as I am doing now to encourage a class action lawsuit.

FYI if you are annoyed by this file a complaint with the FTC https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ I just did.

If you are being screwed by Bally or LAFitness, sign this Petition

http://www.change.org/petitions/lafitness-honor-reduced-fee-lifetime-contracts-of-bally-members-after-billing-period

The location on Corbin and nordhoff is. Closing

Geldrop where did you get that info? I pay $14 per month after its yearly increases from $5 after the initial contract...I will pay $20 for life for all access...my local ballys new la fitness manager said they didnt have the new pricing yet for upgrade...can you point to where you got the details?

Geldrop..thanks for the info...where id you get this info? I will gladly pay $20 month for life for all access to la fitness and ballys clubs...I talked to a new la fitness manager today and they said they didn't know the pricing yet...check back next week..can you point me in the right direction?

called my local LA fitness thats the info they had.

I feel the same way, I will pay 20 dollars a month too, however I am pissed because I had prepaid and now that is irrelevent if I go ahead and do the 20 dollar a month deal.

Anyone else being charged $199 initiation fee to switch to la $20/mo. membership? (I was ballys mo. to mo. member) Also LA tells you $20/mo. dues are gauranteed for life but the contract reads dues will not increase for three years.

meganoemail said:   Anyone else being charged $199 initiation fee to switch to la $20/mo. membership? (I was ballys mo. to mo. member) Also LA tells you $20/mo. dues are gauranteed for life but the contract reads dues will not increase for three years.

Thanks for the info.

If 3 years = Lifetime...Maybe they know something we don't

Their web site is still showing my old Bally expiration date, instead of 2014. I called and person said 7-10 days to update. Well see. If they keep the Chatsworth location open till then, I'm OK with keeping the BTF membership. I have Premier, but don't go anywhere else anyway.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014