• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have searched both this website and their store website for details on this and can't find anything. I purchased something almost 4 weeks ago and noticed the price has dropped at Sam's by $100. Can I get this difference back?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

txaggie04ci said: I have searched both this website and their store website for details on this and can't find anything. I purchased something almost 4 weeks ago and noticed the price has dropped at Sam's by $100. Can I get this difference back? Go to customer service - I am sure they will do it - they have a decent return policy. If they raise a stink, tell them you could buy a new item and return the old (actually buy the new and return the item using the old receipt) - I think they will adjust in a heartbeat.

What's the item? Depends on what it is.

Return policy

You could always rebuy and return the new product with the old receipt. But if you mention that to them, they probably won't make you go through the process.

shopliftinginva said: What's the item? Depends on what it is.

Return policy

You could always rebuy and return the new product with the old receipt. But if you mention that to them, they probably won't make you go through the process.

They did made me go thru it last year... A digital piano had gone lower price for over 25% (not clearance - they still had plenty in stock). With the receipt I asked about it, and since it was over than 30 days they said they could not do a price match. I asked about a return rebuy and they would have no problems with it, provided I brought the item back

So I argued for 15 minutes how stupid it was since I had the receipt, why I could not return it and buy it again on the spot.

Bottom line, I had no choice but to get someone to pull down a pallet, go pay, come around and return it with the old receipt.

I just said to her 'Here: now go put it back up'...

rsuaver said: shopliftinginva said: What's the item? Depends on what it is.

Return policy

They did made me go thru it last year... A digital piano had gone lower price for over 25% (not clearance - they still had plenty in stock). With the receipt I asked about it, and since it was over than 30 days they said they could not do a price match. I asked about a return rebuy and they would have no problems with it, provided I brought the item back

So I argued for 15 minutes how stupid it was since I had the receipt, why I could not return it and buy it again on the spot.

Bottom line, I had no choice but to get someone to pull down a pallet, go pay, come around and return it with the old receipt.

If they can do a price match, they will. Sometimes you get a CS rep who's brain doesn't grasp the concept. I recently ordered (for instore pick up) a portable AC from BB. Two days later I got a coupon for 10% off. I got into the store on the last day for the coupon(Memorial day) and by then, the AC was also on sale. So savings was $60

Because the original item was bought "online" they couldn't do a price match (I don't know what her reasoning was). But she went through the motions and returned the first one and let me "rebuy" it at the sales price. No lugging the big item around the store.

shopliftinginva said: rsuaver said: shopliftinginva said: What's the item? Depends on what it is.

Return policy

If they can do a price match, they will. Sometimes you get a CS rep who's brain doesn't grasp the concept. I recently ordered (for instore pick up) a portable AC from BB. Two days later I got a coupon for 10% off. I got into the store on the last day for the coupon(Memorial day) and by then, the AC was also on sale. So savings was $60

Because the original item was bought "online" they couldn't do a price match (I don't know what her reasoning was). But she went through the motions and returned the first one and let me "rebuy" it at the sales price. No lugging the big item around the store.

There is no reason she couldn't adjust the price from online. It's impossible to adjust the price from their screen. The only function she can do is select the 'pick up' option on her screen. So really she helped out out by taking the 10% coupon as well. Read the bottom of it...it clearly says not applicable on prior purchases. She grasped the concept, maybe you didn't.

HammonCheese25 said: There is no reason she couldn't adjust the price from online. It's impossible to adjust the price from their screen. The only function she can do is select the 'pick up' option on her screen. So really she helped out out by taking the 10% coupon as well. Read the bottom of it...it clearly says not applicable on prior purchases. She grasped the concept, maybe you didn't.

I wasn't trying to imply she didn't grasp the concept. I said some don't until you explain that you can return and rebuy at the cheaper price. I had no problem with how BB handled my order. After all, I got $60 off something I needed and they DIDN'T make me go through the motions of getting the item brought to the front as the above poster had.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014