how to reschedule fedex delivery date (delay)

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I ordered Dell 640m and they will ship it to me on the week that I will be out of town. How do I ask fedex to ship it to me until I come back (monday)? Anyone has tried something like this before? Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

try calling fedex yet?

however, Dell shipments require a signature so if no one is there to sign, it won't get delivered.

on the other hand, a few years ago, and i don't remember if it was fedex, i was tracking a shipment online while at work. saw it was delivered, and the signee was made up/not from someone at my house (the package was just left at the door).

If you have a tracking number, call FedEx and ask to have it held for pick-up once it reaches your city destination. I have done this many times. Not sure if they will simply reschedule a delivery but at least this way you know it won't be delivered by mistake. You may also be able to ask Dell to hold shipment until after you return.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014