is Costco a good place to buy jewelry?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

sector said: don't really want to go to Tiffany at this time - it should be saved for the huge time --- for the ring...

Tiffany has small items too...

Is this a hot deal?

maybe

Sorry, I know you're just looking for some help, but this is posted in the wrong forum.

sector said: ?

Might not be a bad idea if you're running off to marry in Vegas.

Especially if you think things might not work out after a few months/years, you can always return it for full credit instead of selling it for a 50% loss.

From what I have seen, you will end up returning any jewelry that you purchase at Costco because although the prices are low, so is the quality.

fivetalents said: From what I have seen, you will end up returning any jewelry that you purchase at Costco because although the prices are low, so is the quality.Aren't their diamonds good?

larrymoencurly said: fivetalents said: From what I have seen, you will end up returning any jewelry that you purchase at Costco because although the prices are low, so is the quality.Aren't their diamonds good?

Quality range is good I've found that in comparison to other jewelery stores once you look at the specs Costco is definitely a better deal as there stones spec out better for a given price. Just did a comparison between Costco and Blue Nile. For the size quality diamond I was looking for Costco beat Blue Nile by a few hundred dollars. Do some research on diamonds and grading and then you can make apples to apples comparison. Otherwise your just looking at carats and there alot more to diamonds than carats. Costco sells certified stones as well as non certified although there non certified stones are gauranteed to meet certan grading specs as well. They also have a loose diamond purchase program where you can call and special order the exact color, clarity etc.

delete

They did a story on Costco jewelry on the NY news a few months ago. Actually, they priced out a diamond ring to several stores, including Costco. While they said it did not have the perfection of a Tiffany's, the stone was good, the pricing was good, and the value was good. They made a point of saying that Costco was upfront about the stone and it's flaw(s) if there were some, and that they stood behind their product.

billybwilde said: sector said: ?

Might not be a bad idea if you're running off to marry in Vegas.

Especially if you think things might not work out after a few months/years, you can always return it for full credit instead of selling it for a 50% loss.

Yeah, because every girl wants to be shopping in Costco when she sees her freakin ring in the display across the isle from the coffee and salmon. Any doubts about the longevity of your marriage should be resolved at that moment.

Costco is a great place to buy jewelry but their selection is limited. I bought an 18" gold chain at Costco at almost half the price of a mall jewelry store and it was much better quality. Plus, no pushy salesperson BSing me.

costco is not a good place . you can get good stuff online like Amazon.com and BlueNile

I would say that it is fine buying gold and other metals online. You can tell if it is a good deal based upon karats and weight. The same cannot be said for diamonds and other precious stones because there are so many factors that determine value. Further you just need to see how it sparkles regardless of what it looks like on paper. My $.02.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014