• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi, I am interested in purchasing a leather set from Bob's Discount Furniture. Can I negotiate the price with them or do I have to pay the price they say first.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

kerrybr said: Hi, I am interested in purchasing a leather set from Bob's Discount Furniture. Can I negotiate the price with them or do I have to pay the price they say first.

So what did they say when you called and asked?
Also, where the heck is Bob's Discount Furniture....

Seriously, call and ask them if they negotiate...you don't have to give your name.

I have not called to ask but I will have my husband (he can do the dirty work). Bob's is in the Northeast.

You should be able to negotiate price on any big ticket item at a B&M. Just ask "Is this the best you can do on price?" If they say yes, just start walking away and you'll find out if they are willing to negotiate.

I did call and they said that you pay the price on the ticket. But I am going to give your advice a try. I can easily walk out if they do not negotiate. I may come back another day but I will make the salesperson sweat a little

You can negotiate "a little" at Bob's. The prices already are dirty cheap, so why even squeeze a little less out of them?

Recently I went there to buy a new living room set and they had the whole "package" under one price and I told them I wanted to upgrade my lamps to a better pricer model. They said "no" and I told them 'thanks for you time, if you want to add the lamps in, we can do this'. He came back in 10 minutes and got the ok.

So you can probably negotiate on changing up a package, but for one item, its not worth it. Also try to throw in the "protection" plan in for free. It cost you about $60, but for them, its really nothing but profit!

And the best time to go furniture shopping, Sunday night about 2 hours before closing. No one is there and they are just looking for extra sales for the week!

You can negotiate the price in Best Buy, so why not Bob's furniture? If someone doesn't want to give a discount on a high priced item, they don't want to sell it as far as I am concerned.

I am going to try to negotiate a little. I would love to never negotiate but if others are getting a better price, I want the same. That is interesting about going on Sunday afternoon. I should try that.

You can try negotiate everything everywhere, just understand that it often won't work and often isn't worth your time.

My Mom would negotiate the price of meat at Safeway, not always, but if it had more fat that similar cuts, she'd get them to shave of a buck or so. She still negotiates the price of prescriptions and plenty of other items and services.

The odd thing, people love working with her. In fact, I went to pick up a meat order, and when the butcher found out I was her son, he automatically discounted the order. It's all in the presentation.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014