Sharp AQUOS D64-series - Friends and Family

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • 160 61 62636465
  • Page
  • Text Only
WiseOne said: TripWire said: I just tried to get some info about my tv in Newark, she said it's still waiting to be unloaded along with about 800 other tv's.
I told her I am moving in 2 weeks so I need to get this delivered within that time frame, or for them to deliver it to my new location (brooklyn) and I was told I would be charged for a transfer fee. She sent an email to the newark people about my situation, we'll see if anything actually happens.


NWK people don't even bother answering the phone anymore, it just goes directly to corp. But yea I was told it will be unloaded today. Its almost one full month since pilot had the TV.


Yes they just transfer the calls now. Even the national customer service (PA) is answering the calls, they are even more unhelpful.....geez

My tv is 100% just sitting there I bet its unloaded already but they dont feel like scanning all of them in the system....they r lazy

Do you guys think I'm okay as far as warranty is concerned because I lost my packing slip that they gave to me when Pilot delivered to me. Ordered during the Sharp Friends and Family event and I have everything else, the original box it came with, manual, etc. I'm just deeply worried that because I don't have the packing slip Sharp won't honor my regular warranty. Anybody in the same boat? Thanks for your help.

bayarea75 said: Hey, question for people in the San Francisco Bay Area:

Have you received your TV or been contacted to set up a delivery appointment in the last 3-4 days? If so, can you be so kind as tell us what day it was "Recovered at Destination" so that the rest of us can make some guess as to how long Pilot is going to let us twist in the wind?


I am in SFO Bay Area

DELIVERED 10/11/2007 21:56 ----> Picked Up not Delivered.
RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/10/2007 21:31
RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/05/2007 19:26
TENDERED TO CARRIER 10/03/2007 21:45
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 10/03/2007 06:26
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 10/01/2007 10:20

sanagg said: bayarea75 said: Hey, question for people in the San Francisco Bay Area:

Have you received your TV or been contacted to set up a delivery appointment in the last 3-4 days? If so, can you be so kind as tell us what day it was "Recovered at Destination" so that the rest of us can make some guess as to how long Pilot is going to let us twist in the wind?


I am in SFO Bay Area

DELIVERED 10/11/2007 21:56 ----> Picked Up not Delivered.
RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/10/2007 21:31
RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/05/2007 19:26
TENDERED TO CARRIER 10/03/2007 21:45
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 10/03/2007 06:26
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 10/01/2007 10:20


your very lucky, The SFO bay area has been relatively quick compared to NJ. Im going on the 17th day of "Tendered to Carrier" and "In transit..."

I was told there are approx 1000 tvs that are still awaiting to be unloaded at EWR and there are around 1500 that are still in the warehouse. Whats funny I got the same information last Tuesday. Which means they are moving very very very slow

This my Pilot tracking info:
THIS SHIPMENT HAS BEEN DELIVERED
Signed For By: CONTACT SHARP DIRECT
Date: 10/12/2007
Time: 12:00 (Local Time)

Today I contacted Sharp, was given a new customer order number ( same numbers but the first 3 letters replaced with REP). Was told Pilot had sent my order to the wrong place, whatever that means. Also told I would be contacted about delivery by the end of the week (didn't say which week). No new Pilot tracking number or info. Tried calling Pilot 800 number, got the " all circuits are busy" message. This is beginning to suck big time.

UPDATE: At the Sharp website with new customer order number, for the ship date, it now says "to be shipped". So back to square one, hurry up and wait.

Jim

NJ31 said: BELLeater said: any update nj31?

Listen to this BS. A woman from Pilots Customer Service telephone just hung up on me as I was asking her for more information on my shipment. She repeatedly said "I dont know what to tell you, I have no information for you" What is her purpose then? I wish I caught her name but she did have a raspy voice and spoke very fast. If you come across her be warned she is a major bit** and will not help you.

I called the local pilot center (EWR) right after that and their phones are off the hook. I called back in about 10min and spoke to a Wanda. She said my TV is on one of 8 trailers in their parking lot that is yet to be unloaded ( I heard that same excuse LAST MONDAY).

Then she goes "Don't expect a call til at least friday" They think they could get away with this crap. They don't give anyone a reasonable time frame every time I wait until Monday to call they just tell me "Give them til Friday to unload your TV" What the hell are they doing in the mean time?


They give excuse after excuse after excuse. The air fright industry is as corrupt as it gets. They feel as if its not their fault and that Sharp is to blame. I need a tums.


you should be careful... Especially about Wanda. She's very lazy. I spoke to her too. She told me that it is coming from JFK. I called JFK, they said EWK. Finally I got pissed and got them both in a conference and let them argue it out. Wanda lost.... Apparently they are blind and don't bother looking down on their terminals. In red text it says the shipment has been tender to a third agent (forwardAir).
Took two hours for her to track down a phone number and an airbill. Called forwardAir and they said they gave it to a local freight company called 8Freight. They delivered it in a mini van.

Alot of NY and NJ orders are being given to third party for delivery. If I didnt press the matter I still be getting the 'wait for the call' speech.



you should be careful... Especially about Wanda. She's very lazy. I spoke to her too. She told me that it is coming from JFK. I called JFK, they said EWK. Finally I got pissed and got them both in a conference and let them argue it out. Wanda lost.... Apparently they are blind and don't bother looking down on their terminals. In red text it says the shipment has been tender to a third agent (forwardAir).
Took two hours for her to track down a phone number and an airbill. Called forwardAir and they said they gave it to a local freight company called 8Freight. They delivered it in a mini van.

Alot of NY and NJ orders are being given to third party for delivery. If I didnt press the matter I still be getting the 'wait for the call' speech.

Wow, thanks for the update. SO what do you recommend? Should I call her and really demand a precise answer? I never got one from her I always get the 'wait for the call' speech like you said. Any help would be appreciated, and also where was your order delivered? and when did u place it?





P.S. I found the best and most thorough review of the LC-52D64U, it even shows you the best calibrated settings he used,

3 quick negative takeaways are
"Banding still present, but not that noticeable"
"Blacks arent as good as advertised"
"Viewing angles get worse only after 30 degrees off center"

BUT ta da---

"The Sharp's superb video processing, exceptional detail, and good color managed to plow through its shortcomings in other areas. I'm a sucker for great detail, and I haven't seen another one-piece display that can do a better job of providing it than this one."

Anyway heres the link
Home Theater Review of Aquos LC-52D64U

Btw
Here is the Direct Phone number and address to Pilots EWR Location.

This phone number wont forward you to their customer service dept.


657 Dowd Ave
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
(908) 353-5190

sokiet said: Do you guys think I'm okay as far as warranty is concerned because I lost my packing slip that they gave to me when Pilot delivered to me. Ordered during the Sharp Friends and Family event and I have everything else, the original box it came with, manual, etc. I'm just deeply worried that because I don't have the packing slip Sharp won't honor my regular warranty. Anybody in the same boat? Thanks for your help.

Register your TV with aquosadvantage.com, you don't need packing slip but you need serial number(s) of the TV(s). Be sure to keep a copy of the order along with the box(es).

this is what happens when you make a big enough pain in the butt of yourself and don't give up:

RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/15/2007 17:50
RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/03/2007 00:17
TENDERED TO CARRIER 09/25/2007 14:41
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 09/23/2007 20:43
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 09/20/2007 10:11


Thank you very much to all of you who answered questions and related your own experiences with this promo. It looks like there's a chance I might actually get my TV one of these days.

bayarea75 said: this is what happens when you make a big enough pain in the butt of yourself and don't give up:

RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/15/2007 17:50
RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/03/2007 00:17
TENDERED TO CARRIER 09/25/2007 14:41
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 09/23/2007 20:43
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 09/20/2007 10:11


Thank you very much to all of you who answered questions and related your own experiences with this promo. It looks like there's a chance I might actually get my TV one of these days.


sweet. too bad my tv isn't with your shipment..here's my status

RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/08/2007 11:48
TENDERED TO CARRIER 10/02/2007 05:42
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 10/01/2007 22:55
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 09/29/2007 03:34

RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/15/2007 19:21
TENDERED TO CARRIER 10/03/2007 05:42
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 10/03/2007 05:01
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 09/20/2007 21:36

finally!

NJ31 said: toprammin said: joe1946 said: My 42" was worth the wait.

That picture quality looks really good.


wow, judging on the MP of that digital camera that TV looks amazing! better than any plasma I saw at BB or CC recently and better than my parents XBR....

This is torture I cant wait anymore!!!

Did you get it yet ? BTW I took the photo of my 42" with my Pentax DSLR.

how's the stand that comes with the 52"? sturdy?

joe1946 said: NJ31 said: toprammin said: joe1946 said: My 42" was worth the wait.

That picture quality looks really good.


wow, judging on the MP of that digital camera that TV looks amazing! better than any plasma I saw at BB or CC recently and better than my parents XBR....

This is torture I cant wait anymore!!!

Did you get it yet ? BTW I took the photo of my 42" with my Pentax DSLR.


great camera and NO still no update or anything

history on my order :
I got tracking number on 9/22, not found in pilot till 10/16.
SHarp is putting the blame on Pilot but i think its sharp's mistake.
As i contacted andy in Head office as per bchenoweth
I also opened ticket at sharp : answer you will get your tv next week.

Today i got hold of a lady at LA office she said they have my TV but sharp did not give them Bill of Lading so they cannot ship the TV. SO the TV has been sitting there since 9/27 and sharp is telling me its Pilot's fault.

Anyway she said if they do not send bill of lading today she will ship it.
Lets see what happens

Apparently the phones are down in EWR location, yea right!

I just received my 42" and it is great - worth the wait - I just want to thank the FWer who helped me with the code
-isaac

Wow.. you guys are STILL waiting for tv's, huh?


Did donna B ever get hers?

JDM1 said: Wow.. you guys are STILL waiting for tv's, huh?


Did donna B ever get hers?



yes she did..

JDM1 said: Wow.. you guys are STILL waiting for tv's, huh?


Well, I'm kind of waiting. I had some "uncertainty" whether my order through the IBM site was ever validated. My most recent call to Sharp told me it had been cancelled. One day, for the heck of it, I checked my order status page on the Sharp site and found a carrier listed and a tracking #. Since then, the charge has been posted to my CC, and the Pilot site shows a couple updates. Recovered at Destination on 10-13, so who knows...

Just called SFO Pilot Air
Standard response - Your TV is not here yet.
Wonder if someone is bringing it form Memphis on roller skates. Oh wait then also it woudl have reached by now


RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/08/2007
TENDERED TO CARRIER 09/30/2007
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 09/30/2007
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 09/28/2007

YEAH!!!

TV is finally here. I had to pick it up in Herndon, VA on Redskin Drive. Company was very nice and I was in/out in 15 minutes. I ordered the LC-52d64U -

Make sure you bring a big car if you are going to pick it up. I almost took my Honda 4 door but instead brought the minivan. Thank goodness. I stood it on the long side and it is the entire width of the van...had to move seats up to fit it in between driver/passenger seat. Good luck everyone.

SF bay area; called SFO pilot to schedule delivery, was told that a "special truck" will be delivering in the south bay for 10/18.

will see

suprisingly, I wasn't placed on hold for long time.

BTW, my TV arrived at SFO on 10/12

GiveMeFreeStuff said: Just called SFO Pilot Air
Standard response - Your TV is not here yet.
Wonder if someone is bringing it form Memphis on roller skates. Oh wait then also it woudl have reached by now


RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/08/2007
TENDERED TO CARRIER 09/30/2007
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 09/30/2007
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 09/28/2007


use the "TRACK" tab, enter the same pilot tracking numerb, to see if it says "ARRIVED AT PILOT DESTINATION"

I got the exact same story. Mine never ended up shipping out like they said it would on Friday. So I called and talked to the manager at LAX and she assured me she would get it on a truck today and on its way here. They gave me the same story that they never got bill of lading. My question is if they can send it to me tonight without bill of lading then why couldn't they have done that 1 1/2 weeks ago?

Bryan

damaadno3 said: history on my order :
I got tracking number on 9/22, not found in pilot till 10/16.
SHarp is putting the blame on Pilot but i think its sharp's mistake.
As i contacted andy in Head office as per bchenoweth
I also opened ticket at sharp : answer you will get your tv next week.

Today i got hold of a lady at LA office she said they have my TV but sharp did not give them Bill of Lading so they cannot ship the TV. SO the TV has been sitting there since 9/27 and sharp is telling me its Pilot's fault.

Anyway she said if they do not send bill of lading today she will ship it.
Lets see what happens

Hello,
Pilot Air has lost the Sharp Contract as of today. Manna Distribution now will handle all TV orders. My lost 52" LCD Tv replacement order was given to them yesterday. It is now on it's way to San Antonio after 5 weeks. Pilot will not have to make up any excuses now since they will not receive any new orders from Sharp.

All of a sudden the phones at EWR Pilot are not working for the past 2 days. So the national customer service agent goes to me "Your TV could be ready for pickup BUT we have no way to get in touch with them. Thats such BS. I cant believe thats the excuse they have now.

If this is actually a legit company wouldnt you think they would call the phone company to come fix the telephone lines ASAP as it is imperative to business operations? Please this is ridiculous. Only in NJ does this shit happen.

NJ31 said: All of a sudden the phones at EWR Pilot are not working for the past 2 days. So the national customer service agent goes to me "Your TV could be ready for pickup BUT we have no way to get in touch with them. Thats such BS. I cant believe thats the excuse they have now.

If this is actually a legit company wouldnt you think they would call the phone company to come fix the telephone lines ASAP as it is imperative to business operations? Please this is ridiculous. Only in NJ does this shit happen.


My status changed to recovered last night, I've been trying to get in touch with them to pick it up but their phones never work. National customer service told me to leave my contact information and someone will call back in 30 minutes. I'll believe that when I hear it.

WiseOne said: NJ31 said: All of a sudden the phones at EWR Pilot are not working for the past 2 days. So the national customer service agent goes to me "Your TV could be ready for pickup BUT we have no way to get in touch with them. Thats such BS. I cant believe thats the excuse they have now.

If this is actually a legit company wouldnt you think they would call the phone company to come fix the telephone lines ASAP as it is imperative to business operations? Please this is ridiculous. Only in NJ does this shit happen.


My status changed to recovered last night, I've been trying to get in touch with them to pick it up but their phones never work. National customer service told me to leave my contact information and someone will call back in 30 minutes. I'll believe that when I hear it.


Exactly what they told me. I left my information at 10am this morning and they still never called. They took the phones off the hook on purpose. Come on were not that stupid and the worst part is the National CSRs could careless. They give the same answers when asked to speak to a supervisor, "I am sorry they will have to call you back"

Tried that. Still says In-transit. Not sure where to? Hope not to some Pilot guys home or beach


luppo said: GiveMeFreeStuff said: Just called SFO Pilot Air
Standard response - Your TV is not here yet.
Wonder if someone is bringing it form Memphis on roller skates. Oh wait then also it woudl have reached by now


RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/08/2007
TENDERED TO CARRIER 09/30/2007
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 09/30/2007
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 09/28/2007


use the "TRACK" tab, enter the same pilot tracking numerb, to see if it says "ARRIVED AT PILOT DESTINATION"

CactusPete said: JDM1 said: Wow.. you guys are STILL waiting for tv's, huh?


Well, I'm kind of waiting. I had some "uncertainty" whether my order through the IBM site was ever validated. My most recent call to Sharp told me it had been cancelled. One day, for the heck of it, I checked my order status page on the Sharp site and found a carrier listed and a tracking #. Since then, the charge has been posted to my CC, and the Pilot site shows a couple updates. Recovered at Destination on 10-13, so who knows...



Don't get your hopes up -- My first order was cancelled, then shipped, recovered at destination, & pilot called me to schedule a delivery... only to call me back the next day and say sharp had cancelled my order and they(pilot) were sending the tv back to them (sharp).

I talked with Pilot LA office and they sadi they have the Bill of Lading and will be shipping the TV out today. I will wait till tmr to see if my tracking shows up in Pilot Website

bchenoweth said: I got the exact same story. Mine never ended up shipping out like they said it would on Friday. So I called and talked to the manager at LAX and she assured me she would get it on a truck today and on its way here. They gave me the same story that they never got bill of lading. My question is if they can send it to me tonight without bill of lading then why couldn't they have done that 1 1/2 weeks ago?

Bryan

damaadno3 said: history on my order :
I got tracking number on 9/22, not found in pilot till 10/16.
SHarp is putting the blame on Pilot but i think its sharp's mistake.
As i contacted andy in Head office as per bchenoweth
I also opened ticket at sharp : answer you will get your tv next week.

Today i got hold of a lady at LA office she said they have my TV but sharp did not give them Bill of Lading so they cannot ship the TV. SO the TV has been sitting there since 9/27 and sharp is telling me its Pilot's fault.

Anyway she said if they do not send bill of lading today she will ship it.
Lets see what happens

called LAX and she said that my tv should have been here (SFO) on 10/03. WTF????

"Try calling SFO, then call us back." thanks

I was typing in other tracking numbers around my # and it seems like the LAX --> SFO shipments are lagging big time...everyone else signed for theirs already.

Anyone else having issues with the Sharpdirect.com tracking? I can't get it to pull up my order, just get:

There was a problem processing your request

Our site may be experiencing temporary technical difficulties. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please visit us again shortly.

A quick update

I got my TV today. Thanks a lot for teh kind soul for getting me the deal

Ordered on the 19th
DELIVERED 10/16/2007 16:15
OUT FOR DELIVERY 10/16/2007 09:35
RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/09/2007 21:33
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 10/09/2007 19:34
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 10/01/2007 09:03


I did call them the moment I see the TV is "recovered at destination" to schedule my delivery.

I am in LA, CA just so you konw, they are okay I believe, not the best one but at least it delivers.

Will have to get it setup tonight. Cna't wait.

cronkchowder said: Hello,
Pilot Air has lost the Sharp Contract as of today. Manna Distribution now will handle all TV orders. My lost 52" LCD Tv replacement order was given to them yesterday. It is now on it's way to San Antonio after 5 weeks. Pilot will not have to make up any excuses now since they will not receive any new orders from Sharp.


My 52" is also being delivered by Manna. They called today and will deliver next Tuesday, finally the end is in sight.

i got the same problem yesterday, its working today

azshopper70 said: Anyone else having issues with the Sharpdirect.com tracking? I can't get it to pull up my order, just get:

There was a problem processing your request

Our site may be experiencing temporary technical difficulties. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please visit us again shortly.

Im in LA, CA and was told that Winwell West in Norwalk will be handling my delivery. Winwell seems to be better, since they told me that they will receive the TV some time today, and call me tomorrow. This is for a 65". She said that they were handling the large orders...not sure what that means though.

Ordered 9/15
About 2 weeks later I got a canceled message due to not verifying my order (which I DID). Got the run around for a week, until the magically reinstated the order and it showed a tracking #.
RECOVERED AT DESTINATION 10/13/2007 14:08
PILOT DESTINATION ALERTED 10/10/2007 19:22
SHIPMENT DETAILS TENDERED TO PILOT 10/06/2007 03:30

10/6 - 10/13 to get about 30 miles from Sharp to LAX. Its been sitting at LAX for 3 days now, for delivery to me about 25 miles away. Its being taken to Winwell, which is about as far away as I am (in a different direction) from LAX. Doesnt seem to make much sense, but hopefully it comes in a couple of days.

mooner said: cronkchowder said: Hello,
Pilot Air has lost the Sharp Contract as of today. Manna Distribution now will handle all TV orders. My lost 52" LCD Tv replacement order was given to them yesterday. It is now on it's way to San Antonio after 5 weeks. Pilot will not have to make up any excuses now since they will not receive any new orders from Sharp.


My 52" is also being delivered by Manna. They called today and will deliver next Tuesday, finally the end is in sight.


Mooner where are you located?

Well Sharp decided to outright Cancel my brother's 65".

If anyone wants to rid themselves of the 65" edition, and somewhere nearby the SF Bay Area, PM me.

Can't believe Sharp didn't communicate this earlier without a call to them. They shipped my 65" fine (thank goodness).

  • Archived From: ForumsDeal Discussion

  • 160 61 62636465
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014