One Way Moving truck help price Match Coupons??

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I need a moving van one way from salt lake city to st george utah (84770).

Uhaul and Budget are the only ones I can find with service. No penske in st george.

I need the truck next week flexible start date 10/2 to 10/4.

I need to biggest van possible.

I have been watching the price for a month. budget 24 foot truck has dropped $60 over the last 2 weeks.
Uhaul has remained the same for the whole month. Uhaul does have a 26 foot , it is $55 more then budget 24 foot truck.
Would you lock in the budget rate or watch for it to drop more? If it drops after I lock will they give me the lower rate, if the rates drop again? I know the rates could be lower because I priced this move in august and it was $125 cheaper the first week of august compared to the first week of october.

Are there are budget coupon codes out there. there is a spot to put a code when checking rates. I check my entertainment book and looked around online without luck finding a code.

Will Uhaul price match Budget? I know penske price matched my long distance move but they are not available in Utah.

Any other ideas, I know Upack and those servives don't do this move even though it is over 300 miles , it is in state.

Thanks for your help!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

When I did this just a few weeks ago, I read on another forum that you should just put your contact information into the online quote forms. If you don't book, they call back the next day. I ended up talking Penske from $390 (online quote), to $290 (initial follow-up phone call offer), to $240 something (matched price). I just asked if they could match a price, and they did. Supposedly they all do this. You can probably save more money playing them off each other than any coupon could.

Whatever Budget costs, go with them. Uhaul is literally uhaul, on your back because your truck runs a 99.99% chance of breaking down. Let's just say that the truck Adam & Eve used on the way out of the Garden of Eden has been repaired many times and is still in the fleet.

I have started to called and price match back and forth. The 800 number seemed to work better then the local numbers for sure.

Uhaul is willing to give me there 26 foot truck which is 200 cubic feet bigger then the biggest budget truck for $90 off the internet rate. I normally don't do Uhaul but I am so worried I will need the extra space. DH has tons of halloween and christmas yard displays to move! (trust me they will be the LAST thing on the van!)

Budget dropped thier rate so far another $30 when I called.

Does that FASTB code not work till the day before the move? It didn;t work for me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014