• Text Only
rated:
PayPal announced its 2007 holiday promotions program includes a 20 percent cash-back from PayPal on holiday purchases through select merchants, a daily shopping sweepstakes, and offers from PayPal merchants. PayPal has also teamed with TheFind.com to allow buyers to search by product and utilize interactive shopping lists.

PayPal Vice President of Marketing Susan Phillips said, "Now, PayPal is giving customers even more reasons to use their PayPal accounts with Cash Back offers, big savings, and the chance to win great prizes just in time for the busy holiday shopping season." The holiday promotional incentives include the following:

Cash-Back: Beginning November 26 for a limited time, PayPal consumers can receive 20 percent Cash Back on purchases at select PayPal merchants, up to $50. More than 15 merchants are participating in the Cash Back program, including Barnes & Noble.com, Blue Nile, HP Home and Home Office Store, eToys.com and Sharper Image.

Holiday Sweepstakes: When consumers use their PayPal account on U.S. websites from November 19 through December 21, 2007, they'll be automatically entered to win prizes totaling more than $100,000, including a chance to win a family entertainment package.

Special Offers: Special offers, such as free shipping and discounts on items from select PayPal merchants, will be available from November 19 through December 21. Participating merchants include Shoebuy.com, Northwest.com and Zales.

PayPal will publish a special web page with more information about the promotion beginning November 19, 2007.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I am still waiting as well. I have sent an email to Paypal on this about two days ago. Nothing yet so far. Will update i... (more)

satchi (Feb. 05, 2008 @ 12:45p) |

Nothing on first email. Sent 2nd email. Anyone else not get their 20%? OR did get their 20%?

satchi (Feb. 08, 2008 @ 12:41p) |

Must be nice being a monopoly...

Jamie00 (Feb. 08, 2008 @ 2:43p) |

DEAD at these retailers as of noon PST Monday:
Dell
eToys
Newegg
RitzCamera
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice find OP.

Oh boy. This adds a whole new wrinkle to the B&N 50% off coupon, and probably a bunch of other deals. Maybe I'll buy that Seinfeld set after all....

Thanks OP!

ashok37 said: Oh boy. This adds a whole new wrinkle to the B&N 50% off coupon, and probably a bunch of other deals. Maybe I'll buy that Seinfeld set after all....

Thanks OP!


2 late, the B&N 50% coupon expired.

Thanks, OP! Is it clear whether this is stackable with FatCash?

Infinite42 said: Thanks, OP! Is it clear whether this is stackable with FatCash?

I'm not sure if it's stackable with FatCash or not. If it is stackable that would make this even better.

Looks like the site is active here.

What a disappointment. Y-A-W-N...

These are everyday deals and nothing more.

Merchants:

AllPosters - 20% and free shipping
Art.com - 20% and free shipping
Avon - free shipping on orders over $30
Beauty.com - $ 10 off $ 50 and free shipping
Discovery Store - $ 15 off $ 75
Drugstore.com - $ 10 off $ 50 and free shipping
FTD.com - 20% off
Shoebuy - $20% off $50 and free shipping
ShopNBC - Free shipping
TigerDirect - Free 256 MB USB Drive (aren't these usually giveaways?)
US Airways - Save up to 10%
Zales - $ 50 on $ 250
ZipZoomFly - Free shipping

AllPosters - 20% and free shipping
Art.com - 20% and free shipping
Avon - free shipping on orders over $30
Beauty.com - $ 10 off $ 50 and free shipping
Discovery Store - $ 15 off $ 75
Zales - $ 50 on $ 250

I can use these sometime during the season

and not even 20% on ebby??? who owns this doubling dipping charging non
bank ....$100,000 in prizes IF CLAIMED thru a maze of emails and
paperwork!!

Any Gas cards for mobile or Sunoco would be great.

10% at us airways? hmm.. on one hand, having to fly us airways, on the other hand, with travel for work, i could make a killing.. hmm..

Last year's deal Holiday and Spring cash offers were better....and
I actually got both....thanks Paypal.

Has PayPal ever offered a promotion where they give sellers a break on their fees?

I believe the 20% CashBack is ON TOP OF these discounts. Don't forget the 20% CashBack promotion hasn't started yet - it starts on 11/26/2007!

mas90guru said: Looks like the site is active here.

What a disappointment. Y-A-W-N...

These are everyday deals and nothing more.

Merchants:

AllPosters - 20% and free shipping
Art.com - 20% and free shipping
Avon - free shipping on orders over $30
Beauty.com - $ 10 off $ 50 and free shipping
Discovery Store - $ 15 off $ 75
Drugstore.com - $ 10 off $ 50 and free shipping
FTD.com - 20% off
Shoebuy - $20% off $50 and free shipping
ShopNBC - Free shipping
TigerDirect - Free 256 MB USB Drive (aren't these usually giveaways?)
US Airways - Save up to 10%
Zales - $ 50 on $ 250
ZipZoomFly - Free shipping

diablonhn said: I believe the 20% CashBack is ON TOP OF these discounts. Don't forget the 20% CashBack promotion hasn't started yet - it starts on 11/26/2007!
If it does, someone will have a Q6600 in the mail on the 27th!

Here's the website: Paypal Holiday Promotions

i cant see the %20 off coupon for HP.
Any links to it?

my4mainecoons said: Has PayPal ever offered a promotion where they give sellers a break on their fees?

eBay runs promotions to boost the amount of eBay uses which in turn makes the shareholders happier... PayPal is just one big money hording company that doesn't investest too much on making their services better. It's sad to see good companies turn insanely greedy.

vishmd said: PayPal will publish a special web page with more information about the promotion beginning November 19, 2007.
So, has anyone seen the promotion page yet?

Do we have any verification of this actually working tomorrow? I can't find anything on Paypal's website (yet).

Terms and conditions:

https://www.paypal-promo.com/holiday/terms.html

I just received an e-mail from Toys R Us that says "Get 20% Cash Back When you Pay with PayPal".

I was just reminiscing about the Google Checkout deal last year and how much I used that at Buy.com last year. Still hoping we see some sort of deal like that again but this Paypal thing will do for now.

is overstock part of this promo...

Make sure you don't go to crazy since: "Maximum total amount of Cash Back per PayPal account is $50 USD."

10dulkar said: is overstock part of this promo...

Yes, but you must spend over $100 for each transaction to be eligible.

dead as of 12:30 pm pst

TRU.com has a big graphic on their front page of the deal... right now

Text

flap said: TRU.com has a big graphic on their front page of the deal... right now

Text

I just went thru it with Newegg, front page had promo, bought a GPS, half hour later I heard about this cancelling, ckd back with Newegg they said sorry You missed the promo, paypal ended it. Go ahead take your chances, I cancelled my order while I still could.

I received an email from Newegg with the subject title: Up to 20% Cash Back with PAYPAL! Plus MONDAY ONLY - $9.99 550W PSU, $99.99 WD 500GB HDD, and More!

I could not find anywhere on Newegg.com homepage that stated this promotion.

Also, at https://www.paypal-promo.com/holiday/slider/index.html, Newegg.com was not listed as one of the merchants that qualifies for this $20 promotion.

Now, with them canceling the promotion on the same day that the email went out, does anyone know what is going on?

Very bad move by PayPal. How can a company of this size let this happen and get away with it? I put off holiday purchases until today just for this promo. I am cancelling all my orders today placed through PayPal since they were all placed after 2PM. I do not want to wait until January 31 to find out I did not get the promo.

If I didn't use eBay so much I would cancel my PayPal account. This was a very poorly run promo.

Now I have more shopping to do.

sky51fire said: I received an email from Newegg with the subject title: Up to 20% Cash Back with PAYPAL! Plus MONDAY ONLY - $9.99 550W PSU, $99.99 WD 500GB HDD, and More!

I could not find anywhere on Newegg.com homepage that stated this promotion.

Also, at https://www.paypal-promo.com/holiday/slider/index.html, Newegg.com was not listed as one of the merchants that qualifies for this $20 promotion.

Now, with them canceling the promotion on the same day that the email went out, does anyone know what is going on?


This is dead.

BadEgg screwed us all.

MasterX said: Very bad move by PayPal. How can a compnay of this size let this happen and get away with it? I put off holiday purchaes until today just for this promo. I am cancelling all my orders today placed through PayPal since they were all placed after 2PM. I do not want to wait until January 31 to find out I did not get the promo.

If I didn't use eBay so much I would cancel my PayPal account. This was a very poorly run promo.

Now I have more shopping to do.

Paypal did this to get people to sign up, b4 they did all of their shopping, then cancelled propm b4 they would have to pay out, IMHO!

MasterX said: Very bad move by PayPal. How can a compnay of this size let this happen and get away with it? I put off holiday purchaes until today just for this promo. I am cancelling all my orders today placed through PayPal since they were all placed after 2PM. I do not want to wait until January 31 to find out I did not get the promo.Paypal does this kind of thing every year. Promote the hell out of something, then either kill it within hours, or never launches it.

opathal said: sky51fire said: I received an email from Newegg with the subject title: Up to 20% Cash Back with PAYPAL! Plus MONDAY ONLY - $9.99 550W PSU, $99.99 WD 500GB HDD, and More!

I could not find anywhere on Newegg.com homepage that stated this promotion.

Also, at https://www.paypal-promo.com/holiday/slider/index.html, Newegg.com was not listed as one of the merchants that qualifies for this $20 promotion.

Now, with them canceling the promotion on the same day that the email went out, does anyone know what is going on?


This is dead.

BadEgg screwed us all.


Although I cannot confirm, I do not think it is a Newegg issue. I called TRU after receving an email about my order with PayPal. The rep told me all PayPal orders were being automatically cancelled in their system.

opathal said: sky51fire said: I received an email from Newegg with the subject title: Up to 20% Cash Back with PAYPAL! Plus MONDAY ONLY - $9.99 550W PSU, $99.99 WD 500GB HDD, and More!

I could not find anywhere on Newegg.com homepage that stated this promotion.

Also, at https://www.paypal-promo.com/holiday/slider/index.html, Newegg.com was not listed as one of the merchants that qualifies for this $20 promotion.

Now, with them canceling the promotion on the same day that the email went out, does anyone know what is going on?


This is dead.

BadEgg screwed us all.

Paypal cancelled Newegg just let you know, b4 any other merchants I might add!

Still works at Overstock, ordered a ipod nano 3g for $200. should get a credit for $40 to my paypal account by 1/31/08.

garyreno said: Still works at Overstock, ordered a ipod nano 3g for $200. should get a credit for $40 to my paypal account by 1/31/08.

SHOULD

ppl are reporting problems with Buy.com /toysrus and Newegg

Good luck dude


Paypal sucks

Cant we do anything about this? BBB?

Paypal is always F@##ing us and raping on us on fees.

Then they go and screw us over? This isnt right!

They owe us

Skipping 186 Messages...
Must be nice being a monopoly...



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014