My Coke Rewards Hearst Magazine offerings

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello all. Has anyone used their Coke Rewards points to redeem free magazine subscriptions from Hearst Publications? Have you noticed the fine print that states that they will auto-renew and bill you upon expiration of said free subscriptions? I've signed up for several magazines for myself and for relatives - Good Housekeeping, GQ, Cosmopolitan, Sports Illustrated, etc - and when these expire, i DO NOT want them to auto renew - I was merely taking advantage of a freebie. Has anyone contacted Hearst publications about this practice of auto-renewing a coke-rewards-based subscription? Hey - I'm fine with them charging me more Coke points if they exist at that time - I'm NOT fine w/ having to be billed past a free subscription. Any thoughts? Thanks all.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Did you give your credit card number when redeeming the 'Free' subscription? If not, what are they going to bill it to?

No, they don't ask for a credit card number - but at the same time, acceptance of the terms of the free subscription seems to indicated that you understand they will continue to send you the magazine unless you explicitly contact them to cancel, at which point they will 'refund you for any unsent issues'. I just feel such a policy is a little trap-like - if I were to choose a free 20oz Coke, I don't want them to send me subsequent cokes and bill me - the freebie should end right then and there.

I redeemed coke points for 3 magazines. None of them were sent after the expiration month. The trouble was, they didn't start my daughters Seventeen magazine for 6 months. It still only came a year. I suppose we did get a renewal offer, but just discarded it, since we were not interested. They did not send more magazines....just the usual warning that "your magazine subscription is about to expire....renew today" type messages.

As with all magazine subscriptions, when you subscribe to a magazine and the subscription has ended, the subscription will automatically renew & they will send you a bill. If you don't want to receive the magazine anymore, simply write "Cancel" on the bill & return it in the envelope that most likely came along with the bill.

foxfyre said: As with all magazine subscriptions, when you subscribe to a magazine and the subscription has ended, the subscription will automatically renew & they will send you a bill. If you don't want to receive the magazine anymore, simply write "Cancel" on the bill & return it in the envelope that most likely came along with the bill.

i don't know what magazines you subscribe to, but when my subscriptions near the end, i get a request to renew. if i don't send it in by the expiration, my subscription expires. i receive no further issues (sometimes i do get 1-2 extra issues but that is rare. i never had to write 'cancel' on any renewal bill.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014