• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
What is your experience with the Buy.com Price Match Policy?

Will they do it if you order over the phone? Or do you have to buy it via their website & hope they credit you back after sending an e-mail?

Circuit City has the Dlink DSM-520 Media Player for $149.99 & Free shipping. here

Buy.com has it for $250.99 & free shipping: here

From reading through their polciy it appears $100 is the max adjustment. I am not sure how they are going to handle the shipping.

From the Buy.com website:

You are eligible for a refund if your request meets the following conditions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Best Price Guarantee is valid only for the below Qualified Internet Retailers.
The Qualified Internet Retailer must have the identical product in-stock and the product is priced accurately.
Requests must be submitted within three (3) days from the date of purchase at Buy.com.
Our Best Price Guarantee is valid for up to three (3) products in any given 30-day period.
Our Best Price Guarantee is limited to a maximum of $100.00 per request.
Our Best Price Guarantee is limited to a minimum of $1.00 per request.
Our Best Price Guarantee does not apply in our Cellular or Clearance stores, and in all cases excludes Marketplace items.

Qualified Internet Retailers

Amazon.com
BestBuy.com
BN.com
CircuitCity.com
CompUSA.com
OfficeDepot.com
WalMart.com

When requesting a price match, please be aware that prices will be compared on the following criteria:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Price comparisons include the product price plus shipping & handling charges when calculating the competitor's total price in comparison to Buy.com's product price and lowest priced shipping method for that item.
Our Best Price Guarantee does not apply when you use coupons, rebates, promotional offers, free shipping, or product-bundle pricing on the order.
Our Best Price Guarantee does not apply to membership pricing.
Our Best Price Guarantee is limited to up to three (3) of the same product, shipped to the same address.
The Best Price Guarantee is subject to change at any time.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I would rather pay $10-$15 in taxes and not purchase anything from Buy.com, they are horrible.

Spend the money, you will have a good return opportunity at CC.

Buy.com's price guaranty is a joke. You can only do so within 3 days of placing the order, also items with free shipping do not qualify. This policy includes any price match to its own site! So, if you order something shipped free, and then price goes down the next day, the only way to get the lower price is to order another one and reject the shipment. It just doesn't make any sense as a business.

Unknown said: Buy.com is a joke.

FIXED

mx2times said: Unknown said: Buy.com is a joke.

FIXED

Ditto that.

I once tried to get them to PM a book and it took serveral iterations and I think I finally had to file a complaint with Planet Feedback or the BBB.

If you are buying anything from Buy.com with free shipping, you can say goodbye to price matching. I tried once and they wouldn't budge relying on the term of price matching. Several of my coworkers have the same experience too. Don't buy anything from Buy.com that will require any human interaction after purchase with their rep like price matching, return, etc. They are horrible for that. I'm not surprise if Buy.com's employees are all crooks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014