Where to buy gift bags?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have a few co-workers to buy gifts for and just wanted to put them in the little gift bags with tissue. Someone told me those .99 cent or dollar stores carry those gift bags. Can anyone confirm this. The nearest dollar store is like 20 mins away so I was wondering if albertson's, target or walgreens carry them? Hopefully someone knows. Those 3 places are nearby. Thanks in advance.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Old time pottery barn if you have one near you. $0.48 - $0.88 after 50% off.

aks434 (Dec. 20, 2007 @ 9:36a) |

Hobby Lobby is the best. $2 bags that look like they cost much more.

ferns48 (Dec. 20, 2007 @ 9:21p) |

I was looking for nice gift bags to use for a corporate function and found www.pennylanepapers.com.

I ended up buying som... (more)

martinkats (Dec. 20, 2007 @ 9:34p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

We have 4 dollar stores in our area and all of them carry gift bags...

Walgreens, best gift bags ever! Fluffy paper and small gift card included in purchase price.

The Dollar Tree has great gift bags. Also, FYI, I was shopping at Kroger last night and they also have gift bags ranging from $.50-$.99 (all sizes). YMMV.

The gift bags are found in many dollars stores. They get them cheap and can sell them for $1.

Walgreens, other drug stores and target will have gift bags too.

Yesterday for 12/18 only, Walgreens had a $5 off $20 coupon mentioned on a number of deal sites.
Purchasers adding in a few extra items they would have bought anyway would have the extra savings.

thanks guys, that was quick and helpful. I was just curious if anyone knows about what each gift bag would cost in walgreens? I did just locate a dollartree within 4 miles to my surprise so I can go ther if need be. Walgreens is right around the corner, so if Walgreens is only like $1.29 or something I guess it won't matter too much on a few bags.

Also, does anyone know if these bags come with the tissue paper or is that sold seperately in dollartree or walgreens? once again, thanks in advance!

WalMart has a 5 pack of bags for $5.00 i large, 2 medium and 2 petite

look here in middle of page
here

tissue paper is separate, but in the walgreens ad provided by poster, it is 2.97 for 120 sheets.

I like the Dollar Tree bags...all sizes including quite large(These are usually about $5 in other places. The also have packages of Tissue paper in all colors. I have also bought packages of the 4 or 5 small bags there.

Go to Michaels and use the 40% off coupon. They have cheap bags, with 40% off those prices. Cheaper than dollar tree, dollar general. Never buy bags from Wal-Mart, you pay full retail per bag there.

If you have a A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby in area, Michaels will take their coupons A.C.Moore Coupon Hobby Lobby Coupon

if you do have A.C. Moore in your area, they currently have 50% off gift bags, and plus at top of Circular is $10 off $50 coupon or $25 off $100 coupon Store Circular

I buy them after Christmas at Target for 90% off. I got about 3 dozen in different colors/sizes last year and hang them from a nail by the ceiling in my storage room. If you have the space for storage, you can save a bundle on wrapping paper, tissue paper and gift bags by buying on clearance for the next year. Won't help you this year, but something to think about for next.

Talking about cutting costs, you can do as the digital scrapbookers do.

Make great custom printed small gift bags cheaply without have to leave office or home.
(To get glossy look, try large warehouse club pack of glossy photo paper under
12-15 cents per sheet. Cheap Staples photo paper is also available from using ink coupons)

Use pattern supplied on web site below. Only need a 8x10 sheet. See their illustrated instructions
at their website.

Download images for free from the web.
Use the fill feature of the edit program to cover the bag.

http://www.digitalscrapbooking.com/UserFiles/File/beyondthepag136_pdf.pdf

1. In your image editing program, open a new
document. Set the Width to 10 inches and Height
to 8 inches.

2. To see the template better, fill your background
with a color other than white, such as light blue
(Edit>Fill>Color).

3. Download the bag template. Open the file and drag
the template onto your document.

4. Resize to fit the document (Edit>Transform>
Scale).

5. To make the template easier to use, delete the
purple space around the template. Don’t forget to
delete the holes inside the handles. (In Photoshop,
use the Magic Wand tool to select the purple
areas, then press DELE TE.) [FIGURE 6]

6. Duplicate the layer (Layer>Duplicate Layer). This
step is important because you’ll be merging one
layer with patterned paper in the next step, but
you’ll need a clean copy of the template to see the
fold lines.

7. To fill the entire template with one patterned paper,
open your paper of choice. Drag the paper onto
your document and center it over the template. In
Photoshop, press CTRL+AL T+G to create a clipping
mask, and then press CTRL+E to merge the paper
with the template. In other programs, choose
Select>Select All to select the paper, then copy
(Edit>Copy) the paper and paste it into the template
(Edit>Paste). [FIGURE 7]

Now continue designing your bag. You can create
imagery for the front, back, and even the sides! Here’s how I
created the rest of mine:
8. [FIGURE 8] Create guidelines. It’s easier to design
your page if you can see the fold lines, but now your
patterned paper is covering them! Here is an easy
fix: In the Layers palette, drag the duplicate layer of
the template so it sits on top of the paper layer. Then
change the Blending mode to Multiply. You will now
see both the lines and the design underneath.

9. Embellish it. I chose a simple frame for my treat bag
and filled the empty area in the center with white.
Set the foreground color to white, choose the Paint
Bucket tool, then click the blank area inside the
frame. The empty space will fill with white.

10. [FIGURE 9] Choose the Type tool and select a
font for your message. I used an outline font so I
could add color into some of the letters. To create
letters you can drop color into, you must first either
rasterize (Layer>Rasterize>Type) or simplify
(Layer>Simplify Layer) the type. (The command
you use depends on your image editing program.)
Then select a foreground color, choose the
Paint Bucket tool, and click inside the letter to fill
with color.

11. To see how I created the realistic shadows beneath
the stars, check out the “Creating Realistic Cast
Shadows” tutorial:
www.digitalscrapbooking.com/learn_how/digi/article135.

12. When you are happy with your design, delete your
duplicate template layer (Layer>Delete>Layer).

13. Change your background to white to save ink
(Edit>Fill>Color), flatten your image (Layer>Flatten
Image), and print your design, using printer settings
appropriate for your paper choice. Be sure to choose
landscape printing since your document is horizontal.

14. Cut along the outer edge and fold along the dotted
lines—you may wish to refer back to the original
template.

15. Using a glue stick, apply glue to the flaps and fold the
bag so the flaps lie on the inside. You may have to use
a wooden craft stick to reach into and apply pressure
to the corners.

16. Fill with treats and tissue paper.
Voila! Beautiful gift bags for treasured friends and family.
They’ll think you spent hours on their gift bags. But don’t
worry; your secret is safe with me!

Winded said: I have a few co-workers to buy gifts for and just wanted to put them in the little gift bags with tissue. Someone told me those .99 cent or dollar stores carry those gift bags. Can anyone confirm this. The nearest dollar store is like 20 mins away so I was wondering if albertson's, target or walgreens carry them? Hopefully someone knows. Those 3 places are nearby. Thanks in advance.

You need direction on where to buy gift bags? Are you serious?

Even if I had never purchased one before I think I would be able to guess that any store like a WalMart/Target/Albertson's/Walgreens would have them!

Gift bags are expensive at most places IMHO. You can purchase them at pretty much any grocery/drug store, but the best places to buy them are places like Tuesday Morning or the dollar stores or getting them on clearance like another poster suggested after Christmas. That obviously won't help you this year, but if you have the room to store them buy a few of them and keep them on hand so you'll have them when you need them.

I wanted not only to know where to buy them but where the price would be reasonable. I have been stuck before when 'assuming' certain places had certain items only to find they are a lot harder to find then you think which is why I asked. Just a couple of weeks ago I needed a basic ole keychain. I figured, oh, Albertson's will have it....nope, they sure didn't, then I said, oh Ralph's will have it...NOPE, they didn't have it either....so I had to get a BASIC keychain from the next nearest place..autozone which cost me more then one should have. Home Depot was way to far and I wasn't going there for a keychain.

Sounds like you didn't get any Holiday bonus this year "imperson" -- that sucks for you.....good thing there are good people on this site to help out. I took prncess' advice (thank you prncess) and went to WalMart. The lady there was really nice. She showed me the 5 pack bags, but also showed me an almost secret area under all the bags where they had 10 PACK GIFT BAGS WITH HOLIDAY STUFF ON THEM FOR $5 also!

So I got like 3 medium bags, 3 large, and 2 small and 2 super tiny bags...this was perfect. They also had the stuffing for like $1.88 for 20 pcs -- I'll also take the advice to go to target AFTER the HOLIDAYS so I can load up on these at 90% off for the years to come! Thanks again all....I think I got a good deal at .50 cents per bag for some really nice looking gift bags.

If I didn't ask or know where to look, by the way, they had a GIFT BAG SECTION where each bag was between $4-$5,...and had the DEAL BAGS in a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SECTION. So anyone else wanting to go to WalMart and get these, just keep that in mind.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays to all!

Christmas Tree Shoppe, if you have one by you is just great for gift bags. They have just beautiful bags for super cheap!!

shelleyr25 said: Christmas Tree Shoppe, if you have one by you is just great for gift bags. They have just beautiful bags for super cheap!! They're only in New England, and Jersey I think. Going to hit a few when I head to boston this weekend. I LOVE that store.

Bed Bath and Beyond also puts gift wrapping materials on sale after the holidays, and when they want to clear out the sales floor for the next season, the prices go down to dirt cheap. I think it was sometime in mid-late January. I stocked up on a year's worth of gift wrap paper and tissue. There were tons of bags, too, mostly with Christmasy themes. Also, you probably get Bed Bath and Beyond coupons by mail (or you can sign up to get them, and they come often), which will take another $5 or 20% off, depending which one you use. If you don't get the coupons by mail, very often they have an ad insert in the weekend paper.

P.S. "Dirt cheap" - jumbo packs of white gift wrap tissue, something like 200 sheets, for fifty cents. Not the first week they're on sale, but later, when they really want to clear off the floor so they can put out next season's stuff.

Hallmark accounts (Safeway, Longs, Walgreens, WalMart, etc) sometimes have promo packs of gift bags with tissue included.

Bed Bath and Beyond already has marked down their Christmas stuff (although I think it's just 30% off) so use their ubiquitous coupons-that-never-expire and stock up.

Instead of buying gift bags that are cheap and you use once. Why not get a recycled cloth bag and use this as your gift bag and double the gift for your recipient. These can be bought at Jewel(Albertsons), Meijers, Ikea and others. They can be bought for $.99 and $1.99 at these stores. Good Luck

Old time pottery barn if you have one near you. $0.48 - $0.88 after 50% off.

Hobby Lobby is the best. $2 bags that look like they cost much more.

I was looking for nice gift bags to use for a corporate function and found www.pennylanepapers.com.

I ended up buying some to keep on hand at home. They have a nice assortment of bags for all occasions in different sizes and I was very pleased with the quality. I think any bag was only 1 dollar regardless of size. Worth taking a look.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014