• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
i know bestbuy does not honor them online websites by mommy and papa stores but what is frys anyway? Are their website the same as their stores?

looking to get pny pc2700/2100 for their online ad price of $50.99 but at bestbuy, it is over 1 hundred bucks.

anyone have any tips on this, would be much appreciated.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

my spec sony pcg frv28 lappie DDR266, 266MHz, PC2100, 200p SODIMM, 2.5v

but that pny pc2700 is also 200 pin and is compatible with pc2100

look for 1gig to max out my ram

From the frequency of FWer postings, FWers buy directly from frys.com.

If you live locally with Frys and BB, then you could take the ad to their store on non-special condition sale items.

atlanticfisherman said: From the frequency of FWer postings, FWers buy directly from frys.com.

If you live locally with Frys and BB, then you could take the ad to their store on non-special condition sale items.

thanks dude but the ad is an online ad so that might be a slight problem.

the nearest fry is a city over about 45miles away.

the reason for buying it at besbuy is that I have them rz cards and giftcards to use up.

they wont price match any online website.

It can be a hassle getting them to price match there own website

Skulles said: they wont price match any online website.

It can be a hassle getting them to price match there own website

thanks dude.

I'll just wait it out for there are a few other holidays for potential sales of these old rams specs.

sales on ddr2 are more popular these days for them newer lappie computer.

Ddr266 are usually not on sale

In a word: no. BB (nor anyone else) will PM an online retailer. MAYBE if you have a Fry's B&M near you, AND they have it on sale, then yes, they'd PM the B&M. But no B&M will PM an online retailer.

And then again ...
... on RARE occasions BB staff will price match to Frys.com.

They did this for me at the start of this month. I purchased a Panasonic 42TH-PZ700u from BB at $1399 ... price matched to Frys.com ... sans shipping charge. They later pricematched Fry's when the price dropped to $1349!

What did they say when you called and asked them?

LetsGoMets1 said: What did they say when you called and asked them?

I did not call. I came late around 5pm on xmas eve and they were closing down for the holiday. They only let those who wants to buy giftcards in.

I'm going to try them tomorrow. Last pricematch I did with BB were the Gateway lappie going for $350 that did not have a dvd burner.

Office max honored my online Circuit City ad though.

I wonder if barnes and nobles allow you to search through their newspaper before buying it. I might see some ad for a pricematch in there.

Let me tell you something, I work at one of the big electronic retailers. Whenever we are asked to PM Fry's great deals, most of the time we can't because it is financially hurtful to the company....overhead cost for this and that results in most B&M stores being unable to PM Fry's, whose overhead cost is probably lower because they sell in great volume and rent warehouse space (which is cheaper) as opposed to regular retail space. I always have to come up with some BS to customers about how we can't PM because the Fry's near my store isn't a local competitor, which isn't entirely true but it is a good 30 minute drive away.

Now is it ethical to say we do 110% pricematching, yet we won't even come close to doing a 100% PM? No it is not, it is very unethical, but I've gotta do what upper management approves. So don't take it up with the associate, its not really his/her fault. Talk to the person in charge, but even he/she has someone to answer to and that person has instructions too to not make financially hurtful decisions to the company.

That being said, complain to regional management or HQ. Just don't give people the whole "well if you don't PM, fine, I will take my business elsewhere" line and expect them to care.....customer service at B&M electronics stores is changing rapidly. Immigrants are taking a lot of the jobs at fast food restauarant and so teenagers and early 20 somethings are working at places like BB, CC, even Fry's because they pay slightly more, though not enough to make most of them care about their job. For the most part a lot of part time sales associates don't earn commission anymore so they could care less if you don't buy something from them, unless you were intending to buy a warranty....now that's a different situation. Just giving you the honest truth from an insider's perspective....so if you ever come across a courteous associate who is relatively patient and well spoken, like me, then you should be relatively thankful and not give people like me crap. Otherwise if you give the same attitude towards some apathetic cholo/thug, expect apathy at the very best or expect to get physically threatened at the very worst.

No red please....this is just the truth.

dj7houston said: Let me tell you something, I work at one of the big electronic retailers. Whenever we are asked to PM Fry's great deals, most of the time we can't because it is financially hurtful to the company....overhead cost for this and that results in most B&M stores being unable to PM Fry's, whose overhead cost is probably lower because they sell in great volume and rent warehouse space (which is cheaper) as opposed to regular retail space. I always have to come up with some BS to customers about how we can't PM because the Fry's near my store isn't a local competitor, which isn't entirely true but it is a good 30 minute drive away.

Now is it ethical to say we do 110% pricematching, yet we won't even come close to doing a 100% PM? No it is not, it is very unethical, but I've gotta do what upper management approves. So don't take it up with the associate, its not really his/her fault. Talk to the person in charge, but even he/she has someone to answer to and that person has instructions too to not make financially hurtful decisions to the company.

That being said, complain to regional management or HQ. Just don't give people the whole "well if you don't PM, fine, I will take my business elsewhere" line and expect them to care.....customer service at B&M electronics stores is changing rapidly. Immigrants are taking a lot of the jobs at fast food restauarant and so teenagers and early 20 somethings are working at places like BB, CC, even Fry's because they pay slightly more, though not enough to make most of them care about their job. For the most part a lot of part time sales associates don't earn commission anymore so they could care less if you don't buy something from them, unless you were intending to buy a warranty....now that's a different situation. Just giving you the honest truth from an insider's perspective....so if you ever come across a courteous associate who is relatively patient and well spoken, like me, then you should be relatively thankful and not give people like me crap. Otherwise if you give the same attitude towards some apathetic cholo/thug, expect apathy at the very best or expect to get physically threatened at the very worst.

No red please....this is just the truth.

id give you green if i know how. Very thoughtful written indeed.

many people dont' really understand the concept behind it because they think they are up against these multimillion dollars people. Now what would a little bit harmless pricematch for a few buck hurt right and besides, you're bestbuy, you have money and I don't. Well it all adds up somehow and eventually, if they're not making profits, they are going to downsize and you'll be the first to lose your job.

However, if you see it in another way, customer service is highly important because it builts customer's loyalty. Today I win 20 bux on pricematch but you gained a customer for life. In the long run, you'll win.

storerobber said: id give you green if i know how.Click the + under "Rate Message" (upper right corner).

NoMoneyInMyWallet said: storerobber said: id give you green if i know how.Click the + under "Rate Message" (upper right corner).

green for you for showing a senior member how to be a newbie.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014