• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
How is this for a specific request. What is the best place to purchase mackerel with no added salt either fresh or frozen, must be online because no local markets here in FL have it.

It is for an ill person with special health diet needs

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

believe it or not but whole foods said that they didnt carry it and that i should try online, and it was a brand new one not an old wild oats

what you need is some freshwater mackerel but only if such a creature exist.

Or you can contact them local mackerel fisherman and they can catch some, freeze it for shipment.

how much are you planning to buy? I live near the San francisco bay and they have their annual mackerel run but I'll have to look into it.

try an asian market or a sushi place --- the japanese call it saba

I really dont need much, but the less processed the better.
thanks!

I have friends in SF who is coming to visit maybe they could bring some

what is in mackarel that isn't in other cold water fish?

Friends might drop by this place where others have found to have much fish.

Q. Where can I find fresh/frozen mackerel in the bay area?
I'm looking for fresh mackerel to smoke. Would even consider buying over the web.

A. I would try Mitsuwa, a large Japanese grocery store, in Campbell, CA. They have a big fish section, and you can always ask the store people to do a special order for you. They have different kinds of fresh mackerel.

http://www.mitsuwa.com/

Asker's Comment: Haven't been there yet, but some other friends mentioned the same store. Thx!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014