Amazon.com Prime Membership: Return Policy

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
All,

Does anybody know if Amazon.com has a separate return policy for Prime members? I wish to return something and I got free 2-day shipping. It seems like they will charge $7 return shipping because it was not their fault (it is not..this is buyer's remorse).

Is this still applicable if you have Prime or do we also have free return shipping?

I did look on Amazon.com but could not find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

upon further inspection of the item, did you not notice any possible defects? And wouldn't it be unfortunate if you needed it immediately and had to purchase the item at a local B&M store today?

Prime members do not have a separate return policy, if the problem was not at Amazon's end you must pay for return shipping.

FYI, if you put in a reason for return that you are not satisfied with the quality of the product, Amazon considers that their fault. I returned a book last month that I wasn't happy with, fully expecting to pay return shipping, but Amazon picked up the tab on it, possibly because it was media mail.

jayK said: I returned a book last month that I wasn't happy with, fully expecting to pay return shipping, but Amazon picked up the tab on it, possibly because it was media mail.

How much of the book did you read before you decided you weren't happy with it?

JamesTKirk said: jayK said: I returned a book last month that I wasn't happy with, fully expecting to pay return shipping, but Amazon picked up the tab on it, possibly because it was media mail.

How much of the book did you read before you decided you weren't happy with it?
It was a cookbook (for my wife actually), and the recipes in the book were so simplistic we decided it wasn't worth it to keep it. Normally we do the "look inside the book" thing first, but this specific book didn't have that option available...now we know why.

I returned a pair of gloves that didn't fit me and got a full refund. It said on the RMA slip I printed out that I should be expected to be charged for return shipping, but I wasn't charged. I do have Prime, but I'm not sure if I just got lucky or what, since it was the first time I returned something to Amazon.

the best way to do it is to always choose damaged or defective--this assures you a full refund with no ship cost deduction--I know, my sister works there.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014