lowest price for contact lenses eye exam?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
How to find lowest price for contact lenses eye exam?
Thanks.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

When searching for medical-related services, "lowest price" isn't at the top of my list. Competence of the practitioner and quality of service are.

Look at the junk mail coupon packets and the junk mail coupon magazine.

Also, if part of a medical plan, you may get special rates at affiliated eye care providers.
Special rates may be better than their regular charges.

Have you tried calling and asking local optometrists? The contact lens exam isn't very expensive. My doctor (gone to him for the past 10 or so years)has his office adjacent to a WalMart which makes filling prescriptions that much easier and gives you someplace to wander while the eye drop dilation is happening. And his prices are under $70ish without insurance and that includes the dilation, contact prescription and glasses prescription, and a trial pair + saline kit.

Lowest price can be relative to quality. You can check Costco or Sam's Club.

Thanks every one for the replies.

I went with Americas Best Contacts and Eyeglasses 3 years - 3 exams for $99

Costco has to lowest price
$75 for Contact lens ...

when I lived in Southern California a long while back --- there was a eye doctor that advertised in the LA Times TV Guide for $15 eye exams --- he would rent like 5 tempoary locations around LA and show up with his machine and cases of contacts

I would pay him the $15 and he would run me through a five minute exam --- and I would buy the contacts for super cheap from him --- if you wanted a perscription, he would quickly scrible it out --- and off you go --- worked ok when I was college age

now I have a regular eye doctor with expensive machines and a vision plan at work

chowdary23 said: Costco has to lowest price
$75 for Contact lens ...

Costco also has the bare minimum of equipment in their offices, too.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014