Hi I am trying to buy a 2007 nissan altima from enterprise car sales
any body has any kind of experience in buying enterprise car sales

let me know

Thanks
reddy

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
No-Haggle Pricing

At Enterprise, you’ll never haggle with a salesperson. Our prices are set below Kelley Blue Book® value... (more)

Kobedagger (Mar. 19, 2008 @ 4:53p) |

Excellent! Thank you for confirming that you are a troll and thick headed at that. Off to Enterprise to beat up the sa... (more)

tihuy (Mar. 19, 2008 @ 4:57p) |

Which carries well-maintained and reasonably-priced 2007 Taurus: Enterprise or Hertz? Thanks.

snowbound66 (May. 31, 2008 @ 9:35p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sorry, I do not have any experience with Enterprise, but I do have a question...Can you negotiate the price?

You need to let us know Condition, Price, mileage........

Enterprise Car Sales Complaint

Vehicle purchased from Enterprise Car Sales in Van Nuys, CA - Car Sales
Posted By: Anonymous on 4/24/2002

helpful votes

Re: Vehicle purchased from Enterprise Car Sales in Van Nuys, CA

To whom it may concern:

On 5/12/2001 I bought a Buick Regal at Enterprise Car Sales in Van Nuys, CA.

Unfortunately, the car never performed well. Since purchasing the car I have taken the car in for repairs 6 times. The last time I took in the car for repairs was 4/3/02.

The automotive shop told me the transmission had to be replaced. I finally got my car back on 4/10/02. The same problem I took the car in for happed again the next morning 4/11/02. Frustrated with all the car repairs I called the credit union with some advise as to what to do 4/12/02. I was told to call Autoland and see if they could get me into a new car. I immediately called Autoland and spoke with (removed). I set up an appointment for 4/15/02 to see (removed). The next day 4/16/02 (removed) called me to inform me I owed more on my car then it is worth, which I knew already. He advised me to call the credit union loan department and ask for a new car loan and a personal loan for the remainder of the loan. My cars trade-in value was $9,200 and I owed $16,277 on the loan. On 4/17/02 I spoke to (removed) from the loan department. Unfortunately she was not able to help me with any loans, she advised me to call Enterprise car sales and see if there was anything they could help me with. I then called Enterprise car sales in Van Nuys and spoke with (removed), Branch Car Sales Manager. He told me that he could not help me since he had not heard about my problem before and I did have the car now for almost a year. In September 2001 when I started having problems I did go into Enterprise and spoke to (removed). I told him what was going on and he in turn directed me to (removed). Either way, all (removed) could say was for me to take the car back to (removed) Automotive Center and see if they could fix the problem again.

-------------------------------

Enterprise Car Sales complaint by Wcwalters

Salesman told me in front of a witness that the Kia Optima had 60,000 miles and 5 years left on the factory warranty. I found out from the dealer after I bought the car that it had 30,000 miles and three years left on the warranty. It was not a misunderstanding but simply an old fashion sleazy used car salesman scam. I was never told that the car had only 3 years and 30,000 miles left on the warranty. I wrote the Enterprise and did not get a response. Honesty is hype and sleaze is their policy.You were reading a complaint about Enterprise Car Sales.

Enterprise Car Sales Failed to honor used car warranty Springfield Massachusetts
*Consumer Comment ..Give Me A Break

Enterprise Car Sales
Phone: 413-782-0900
Fax: 413-782-1999
1045 Boston Road
Springfield, Massachusetts, 01119
U.S.A.

Submitted: 2/16/2006 11:24:08 AM
Modified: 3/10/2006 2:45:58 PM
Peter
Dalton, Massachusetts

I purchased a used 2004 Chyrsler Sebring Convertible from Enterprise Car Sales on December 14, 2005. When we tested the car we told the salesman about some items that needed to be fixed on it before we would purchase it - twisted seat belts, malfunctioning rear defroster, tape player with cassette stuck in it, front seat that would not move forward, and missing support over spare tire.

When we picked up the car we were presented with a '109 point quality' inspection sheet and the assistant sales manager, who was not the person we dealt with initially, told us we would have nothing to worry about as they went over the car bumper to bumper.

We got in the car, everything appeared to be in order and we drove away quite satisfied and we even bought an extended warranty as we drive over 20,000 miles a year.

On the way home my wife said she could hear a squeaking noise when I put on the brakes, I didn't hear it, but our son the mechanic said they probably didn't wipe off the rotors when they installed the brakes - he was assuming they had installed new brake shoes.

A few days later I noticed the seat belts were not straightened but had been twisted on the bottom so they appeared straight.

The next day or so it got colder and frost formed on the windows, that's when I found out the rear defroster didn't work.

The noise from the brakes got louder, so I made an appointment to get everything checked out at a local Chrysler dealer. I called our salesman and he apologized and said they would pick up any deductible that would apply to any claim we filed on our warranty.

I took the car to the Chrysler dealer just about two weeks after we purchased it from Enterprise and they gave me a ride home.

When I got home I called Enterprise and spoke with Mr. DiGiacomo, our salesman wasn't in that day, to ask about how to handle the $100 deductible. He said he would get back to me on that as he wasn't aware of the situation.

Two hours later I got a call from the Chrysler service manager with an estimate of repairs. He said it would be about $300 to fix the problems.

They fixed the seat belts, said the rear window might need to be replaced, told me the rear brakes were squeaking because they were rusted and at about 50%, the spark plugs were fouled, there was no sticker indicating the last time the oil had been changed and found a mouse nest in the air filter, and the transmission seals were leaking.

I told him to go ahead since I assumed these were items that should have been addressed by Enterprises '109 point Quality Check' and I had a warranty.
I then called Major Guard, the Enterprise Mechanical Repair Protection Plan company and was advised they could not open a claim for the repairs, the dealer would have to call them first.

I called the Chrysler service manager and he told me they would not honor the Enterprise warranty and I would have to pay the bill myself and get reimbursed. They came
and picked me up to get my car.

I again called Major Guard from the dealer and they again told me the dealer would have to call them. I asked them if they would please call and they declined. The service manager at Chrysler again declined there coverage and I paid the bill.

After I got home, 5 hours after I brought the car in, I still hadn't heard from Mr. DiGiacomo. I called him twice and he returned my call. I went over the items on the bill and said. 'It appears your '109 Point Quality Check' missed some items.

I asked him what good was an extended warranty if I couldn't get any coverage from the dealer or got such a hassle from them.

He said he would call the dealer and get it straightened out and would call me on Monday (this was Friday). I faxed him a copy of the $288 bill.

A week later I hadn't heard from him. I called an left two messages for him. The following Tuesday he called and said he wasn't avoiding me but, 'soon things had come up.'

I went over the items again. He said, I don't know anything about the seat belts being twisted, we'll take care of the rear defroster, and the other items appear to be 'normal maintenance.'

I said, 'Normal maintenance on a car that was supposedly checked from bumper-to-bumper less than two weeks ago seems ridiculous. Your service guys missed a few points and I think you're liable for the bill.'

He said, 'Well, the Quality check is not done when you get the car, it's done when the car comes to our lot, so it might have been done up to 85 days ago.' I said, 'That's not what you were telling me when you were selling us the car.'

I said, 'It appears the car has been sitting somewhere and none of the maintenance was done, how else would you explain rusty brakes and a mouse nest in the air filter?'

He said, 'My parents found a mouse nest in their car, it happens all the time, but we'll pay for the filter ($4 out of a $300 bill).

I asked if that was the best he would do, he said yes. I asked if I could talk to his supervisor or boss and he said he couldn't give me his boss' number, but he would have him call me.

A week later I still hadn't heard and my phone calls to Mr. DiGiacomo are not being returned. I've written letters to Enterprise with no result, but I expect to file a small claims action against them.

Peter
Dalton, Massachusetts
U.S.A.

Meh. People who don't know how to buy a car will wind up in trouble like that mentioned above.

As for Enterprise, every car in the fleet is actually for sale at a pre-determined price at any time. Not sure how much haggle room there is.

If you work for a big company, you may find that your company has some relationship with Enterprise already, which may be of some use to you if you're planning to buy a car. At least you can get in touch with your company's account rep which is probably better than just calling on the phone or dealing with whatever random person you get if you visit the lot.

dude, no matter how good the "deal" is, you don't want to buy a car from sleezy people like that, just not worth it...

look elsewhere

I bought my car from Hertz Car Sales. It all depends on your location but for me, the cars on their lot were much nicer than similar (same year/model/mileage) cars at other dealerships. The prices at Hertz are non-negotiable, but it was a good amount under Edmund's TMV.

I have absolutely no regrets. There will be people telling you they would never buy an ex-rental, yet have never bought one themselves - in other words, they have no first hand experience. Buying an ex-rental is like buying any used car. Use common sense and make sure the price is right. Hertz provided me with all maintenance records including the final inspection at Midas. Can you get that with the majority of the used cars on the market now? I couldn't; in fact, all I could get was hearsay like "Oh, I know who traded that car in...they took good care of it" etc.

Good luck!

Thanks guys for all your comments and experiences

appreciate it

Unless you are getting thousands of the price compared to dealer used price dont bother, these cars are beat on and abused.

S105dude said: I bought my car from Hertz Car Sales. It all depends on your location but for me, the cars on their lot were much nicer than similar (same year/model/mileage) cars at other dealerships. The prices at Hertz are non-negotiable, but it was a good amount under Edmund's TMV.

I have absolutely no regrets. There will be people telling you they would never buy an ex-rental, yet have never bought one themselves - in other words, they have no first hand experience. Buying an ex-rental is like buying any used car. Use common sense and make sure the price is right. Hertz provided me with all maintenance records including the final inspection at Midas. Can you get that with the majority of the used cars on the market now? I couldn't; in fact, all I could get was hearsay like "Oh, I know who traded that car in...they took good care of it" etc.

Good luck!
Agreed. I bought a 'Chrysler Certified Pre-Owned' Sebring Convertible from a dealer here in the ATL and knew that they had bought it from Alamo off-rental (in Florida, most likely). Other than a few Chrysler warranty issues (factory defects, mostly) that were taken care of early on, it has been a trouble-free car for almost 6 years. It shows no evidence of being abused and drives like it did when I bought it.

But YMMV, these are all just anecdotes.

Enterprise offers a 12 month 12000 miles warranty these days and the prices are lower than Edmunds tmv, get the car checked by your mechanic and you should be fine, you can get a basic check done for less than $50 in Philly,PA. All the things people have posted are from a few years prior, so before you make your decision check it out yourself.

I just bought a 2007 Hyundai Entourage from Enterprise and am happy other that a couple minor cosmetic scratches.

I come from an Enterprise family, so I got an extra "friends/family discount".

Anyway, I had fears about ERAC sales, but my brother, a former ERAC manager and his wife ERAC HR, gave me their advice...esentially waht it boils down to is that ERAC buys hundreds of thousands of cars a year, of this the sell ~ 50,000 to people off the streets. Because they want to make customers happy and spread a little word of mouth, they only take their best off the lots, no accidents or major issues, they run them through independent certifications and all that stuff. They offer the 12 month 12,000 mile warranty and all applicable manufacture earraties are still in effect (although it might not be the high years/miles that are advertised through dealers)

I know many people that have bought ERAC cars and none have had any major issues. I can't speak for the negative reviews, but maybe they do a better job now. Maybe the car they bought was one of the occasional crappy ones that got made or maybe its the way they drive and take care of the car. I don't know, I'm happy with my purchase and would recommend you buy there too.

Edit by Moderator: Referrals are not allowed in the forums.

I have a Thrifty airport location as a client and they tell me horror stories about what people do to cars. I would NEVER buy a rental car!

Not so long ago I was a younger man, as were we all. Have you ever rented a moving van or a car? How did you treat it? Today I treat them as if they were my own, but it wasn't always that way. Buying a rental car isn't worth it no matter how good the price may seem. I am sure some are better than others, but it's a gamble.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/automotive/194419-enterprise-sales-buying-used-rent-car.html
11-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Steve-o
Sentient program Join Date: Nov 2006
8,397 posts, read 2,261,011 times

Lets see, having worked for 2 car dealers and had to deal with Enterprise and Budget cars now and then...

...blown transmissions with under 5K miles from abuse, parts missing off the cars (that the renter probably sold), blown engines, damaged undercarriages (which we could only deduce came from people re-creating the Dukes of Hazard), etc, etc. People treat rental cars like red-headed stepchildren. Trust me.

areicb said: Not so long ago I was a younger man, as were we all. Have you ever rented a moving van or a car? How did you treat it? Today I treat them as if they were my own, but it wasn't always that way. Buying a rental car isn't worth it no matter how good the price may seem. I am sure some are better than others, but it's a gamble.

I suspect most people treat rental cars just like any other car. Of course you'd never hear a "story" about someone driving a car normally.

S105dude said: I bought my car from Hertz Car Sales. It all depends on your location but for me, the cars on their lot were much nicer than similar (same year/model/mileage) cars at other dealerships. The prices at Hertz are non-negotiable, but it was a good amount under Edmund's TMV.

Good luck!

Hertz is really good as they sell most of their cars at only 1 year of age and around 15k miles. That gives you at least 2/15k of factory bumper to bumper warranty left. The cars have full service records so you can ensure there are no lemon issues such as persistent check engine lights popping up (these issues can happen on ANY car and will haunt you forever in aggravation). Hertz tends to be the better of the agencies in car care as they tend to cater primarily to business travelers.

czarandy said: I suspect most people treat rental cars just like any other car. Of course you'd never hear a "story" about someone driving a car normally.

Exactly. What fun is it hearing about the majority of people using rental cars as transportation instead of something to abuse? Besides, I don't know who would find abusing a 4-cylinder family sedan fun. If that's the highlight of your vacation/trip, you've got other issues

vegetation said: Hertz is really good as they sell most of their cars at only 1 year of age and around 15k miles. That gives you at least 2/15k of factory bumper to bumper warranty left. The cars have full service records so you can ensure there are no lemon issues such as persistent check engine lights popping up (these issues can happen on ANY car and will haunt you forever in aggravation). Hertz tends to be the better of the agencies in car care as they tend to cater primarily to business travelers.

That depends on the location. I looked at their inventory in CA and there are plenty of cars nearing the 30K mark after one year. Obviously it is not a surprise that CA rental cars have the most mileage. My local Hertz has cars with as little as 9K miles and as new as 8-9 month sold. Their oldest cars are 12-15 months old with 25K miles and that is not a common occurrence..in fact, it was only one batch of Corollas that were like that.

I don't know if it's any indication, but Hertz is usually one of the most expensive rental agencies when I travel - but their cars always are always pretty new and don't have high mileage. That's in contrast to Alamo where I've gotten stellar deals but their cars are usually pretty trashed and always have mileage upwards of 20K+ miles.

On a side note, I went to Hertz Car Sales today with an aunt to check out cars. She was blown away by how nice they were and amazed that they let us walk around the lot without following us around. They had a good amount of inventory but a bunch of cars were set aside as they had just been pulled from service and were getting fixed and detailed.

I have bought 1 car and my dad has bought 2. The key is to have car checked out by your mechanic the minute you get it and see if it has any problems. YOU MUST TELL YOUR SALESPERSON THIS AND HAVE HIM AGREE TO IT IN WRITING BEFORE YOU BUY THE CAR, ABSOLUTELY UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT . THEY HAVE A REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM ALSO SO IF SOMEONE THAT HAS BOUGHT A CAR FROM THEM REFERRS YOU AND YOU BUY A CAR THEN THE PERSON REFERRING YOU GETS $250.00 . ABSOLUTELY GET THAT IN WRITING AND SIGNED AND DATED BY CAR SALESMAN. MAKE SURE THEIR PRICE IS WELL BELOW BLUE BOOK PRICE. I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THE CARS OR THE PRICES BUT THE SALES PEOPLE I HAD AND AM STILL HAVING A PROBLEM WITH. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO WRITE IT YOURSELF AND GET THEM TO SIGN AND DATE, I AM TELLING YOU IT IS BEST. STONE MOUNTAIN IS GOOD BUT STILL DO THE ABOVE. IF I CAN BE OF ANY MORE HELP JUST LET ME KNOW.

PRICE IS NOT NEGOTIABLE. IT IS SET PRICE. JUST HAVE CHECKED OUT BY YOUR MECHANIC AND SUBMIT REPAIR BILL TO THEM BEFORE ANY REPAIRS AND EITHER THEY WILL MAKE THEM OR AUTHORIZE YOU TO GET THEM DONE AND SEND YOU A REIMBURSEMENT CHECK. GOOD CARS, WE HAVE BOUGHT 3 WITH NO PROBLEM. JUST GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING.........PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I've not purchased from Enterprise.... but I have purchased a Nissan Altima before. It was one of the best used cars I've ever bought. Had it for 3 years and 60k miles and never had a single problem. And it was a former rental car. So don't let anyone tell you rental cars are bad. All cars are abused.... but at least rental cars are well maintained.

Looks like Enterprise policies are pretty impressive: 7 day/1000mile moneyback guarantee, 1yr warranty, 107 pt inspection, free roadside assistance. The only thing I'd worry about is the price. I've seen their used car ads and their prices are on the high side. For example, they have a '07 Camry for $16,900.... you can purchase a brand new '08 for $17,500.

Yep, it comes down to price and, that is why I asked way back if the price can be negotiated...has anyone had success getting their price down?

No-Haggle Pricing

At Enterprise, you’ll never haggle with a salesperson. Our prices are set below Kelley Blue Book® value and are always posted in plain view so you can avoid unpleasant negotiating and be confident you’re getting a great deal.

the answer is no.

Kobedagger said: No-Haggle Pricing

At Enterprise, you’ll never haggle with a salesperson. Our prices are set below Kelley Blue Book® value and are always posted in plain view so you can avoid unpleasant negotiating and be confident you’re getting a great deal.

the answer is no.

Let's see, I asked - "has anyone had success getting their price down? "

You have said - " I've not purchased from Enterprise...."

and you cough up some boilerplate statement as if it is some applicable federal law, and, an answer to what I asked.

Your irrelevant reply does not answer the question "has anyone had success getting their price down?"

tihuy said: Kobedagger said: No-Haggle Pricing

the answer is no.

Let's see, I asked - "has anyone had success getting their price down? "

You have said - " I've not purchased from Enterprise...."

and you cough up some boilerplate statement as if it is some applicable federal law, and, an answer to what I asked.

Your irrelevant reply does not answer the question "has anyone had success getting their price down?"

That is their company policy.

rocks for brains...

I guess when a company outlines their policies, they really mean "or whatever."

Assuming that Kobedagger is not an Enterprise troll, and that Kobedagger believes everything that Kobedagger reads ...how's about helping him out here. Regardless of the language on Enterprise's web site, has anyone had success getting their price down?

No-Haggle Pricing

At Enterprise, you’ll never haggle with a salesperson. Our prices are set below Kelley Blue Book® value and are always posted in plain view so you can avoid unpleasant negotiating and be confident you’re getting a great deal

the answer is no.

Excellent! Thank you for confirming that you are a troll and thick headed at that. Off to Enterprise to beat up the sales people on price. Hee Hah!

Which carries well-maintained and reasonably-priced 2007 Taurus: Enterprise or Hertz? Thanks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014