LaCrosse BC-900 vs LaCrosse BC-700?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Has anyone purchased (and RECEIVED and *USED*) the LaCrosse BC-700?

I'm a BIG FAN of the LaCrosse BC-900 and have answered *MANY* questions about it on FatWallet. But, my recent visit to Amazon.Com has me 'confused'?

Member Summary

It's the same as the bc-900 except the charge settings are limited to 200mA, 500mA, and 700mA. The bc-900 has a few more settings up to 1800mA. Apparently it's been availible in europe under a different brand for over 2 years now.

I've read that there were some overheating/meltdown issues with the bc-900 when using some of the higher charge settings. But more importantly I've read that many of the bc-900 users don't charge their batteries with anything over 700mA (most of the time) as it's better to charge batteries slowly.

It makes sense to me. Since I don't like to pay for what I'm not going to use I just picked up the bc-700 @ Amazon for $32.

Added LINKs to Quick Summary.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014