Does Lowes have a price match policy?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I've been looking around trying to find a documented price match policy for Lowes, but with no luck. The best I could find was this page:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?ac...olicy.html

Does anyone know where I can find the price match policy? (assuming one exists)?

Thanks!

Text from the page:

----------------------------------------
Everyday Low Prices
We work hard to save you money every day. And we strive to offer you low prices every time you shop. We call these Everyday Low Prices, and we do our best to provide you with the best values, whether at your local Lowe’s store or online at Lowes.com

Because our online store is national in scope, you may find product or prices that differ from your local store. We make every effort to minimize those differences in order to provide you with the best possible shopping experience.

Price Protection

As a benefit to buying online and selecting Store Pickup or Lowe’s Home Delivery, you will receive the lower of the online store price or the price at the local Lowe’s store you are shopping at time of purchase. For lumber and building products, local pricing is provided while shopping on Lowes.com.

ZIP Code Usage

For local product availability, we require your ZIP Code. The ZIP Code associates your request with a particular store’s inventory. If a product is not available for purchase online from your local store, please contact the store and an associate will assist you in locating the item or a similar model. When shopping lumber and building products, the ZIP Code is used for both local store availability and pricing.

Your privacy is of the utmost importance at Lowe's; as such, no personally identifiable information is captured when using this function.

Alaska and Hawaii

Prices displayed online in product list pages and product detail pages are for the Continental US. Final price at checkout may be higher for stores outside the Continental US, including Alaska and Hawaii.

New Lower Price

New Lower Price is just part of our ongoing commitment to give you even greater savings by lowering our Everyday Low Prices whenever we can. When our cost gets lowered, your price gets lowered. Look for the bright yellow New Lower Price mark throughout our ads, at your nearest Lowe’s store and on Lowes.com.
----------------------------------------

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Your Local Lowe's Offers Everyday Low Prices, Guaranteed
We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find a verifiable lower everyday or advertised price on an identical stock item at any local retail competitor that has the item in stock, we'll beat their price by 10% when you buy from us. Just bring us the competitor's current ad or we'll call to verify the item's price that you have found. Cash (charge card) and carry purchases only. Competitor's closeout, special order, discontinued, clearance, liquidation and damaged items are excluded from this offer. On percent-off sales, Lowe's will match the competitor's percent-off offer. Limited to reasonable quantities for homeowner and one-house order quantities for cash and carry contractors. Current in-store price, if lower, overrides Lowe's advertised price. Price guarantee honored at all Lowe's retail locations. Labor charges for product installation are excluded from our price guarantee offer in our stores with an Installed Sales Program.

Found it now thanks to you! Thank you AtlanticFisherman!!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=pg&p=CustServ/Services

So my follow up question is, how strictly do they follow the "local retail competitor" section? I want to match an online price from a B&M store in Brooklyn NY to my store in the Dallas, TX area. I'm know they have Lowes in Brooklyn. So does that count?

Thanks again!

CaptainCaveman said: So my follow up question is, how strictly do they follow the "local retail competitor" section? I want to match an online price from a B&M store in Brooklyn NY to my store in the Dallas, TX area. I'm know they have Lowes in Brooklyn. So does that count?
Local = typically within 50 miles.

A couple of more things you should be aware of... Both Lowes and HD will make distinctions on price matching under special order vs. in stock, specially with appliances. That is, typically HD would carry in stock certain models, while Lowes carries different ones, making it almost impossible to PM.

rsuaver said: A couple of more things you should be aware of... Both Lowes and HD will make distinctions on price matching under special order vs. in stock, specially with appliances. That is, typically HD would carry in stock certain models, while Lowes carries different ones, making it almost impossible to PM.
Actually, they carry identical models but manufacturers create special model numbers for each store chain making it impossible to price match.

Both Home Depot and Lowes will price match. Recently at Home Depot I got 20% off instock hardwood flooring by bringing in the flyer from Lowes and Home Depot also took Lowes $50.00 off purchase of $500 or more card which I had received in the mail from Lowes, it was a good day.

have done well with a pm at lowes to a clearance weber grill at hd.

Many burgers have met an tasty and timely death since

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014