• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I'm thinking of replacing my top loading washing machine with a front loading machine. Is there a better time of year to make an appliance purchase? I'm not in a hurry and don't want to buy now only to find out later that historically washing machine sales are best during another timeframe.

Thanks!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Regularly visit the local lowes and Home Depot and get a deal on a "last-one", clearance, or "scratch and dent".

They are many they leave in the aisles at better discounts than 10%-15% that is regularly advertised in the circulars.

Also FWers regularly buy from Sears Appliace Outlets.

They seem to go on sale about every 1.5 months or so. Just wait.

They have dates of manf on them, seems to me they would be on sale before the new year.

zzyzzx said: They seem to go on sale about every 1.5 months or so. Just wait.
Memorial Day sales are probably over, but July 4th sales should start in a couple of weeks....

Thanks so much for the replies. I'll watch the "scratch and dent" while I wait for 4th of July.

atlanticfisherman said: FWers regularly buy from Sears Appliace Outlets.

I second that one. The Appliance Outlets also run periodic sales, and you can often find some great deals.

SimpleGifts said: Thanks so much for the replies. I'll watch the "scratch and dent" while I wait for 4th of July.
Before you buy check with your water agency/district to see if they offer any high efficiency washer vouchers or rebates.

Something is ALWAYS on sale at Sears. I just ordered a new Whirlpool top loading washing machine and matching dryer to be delivered on Friday. After CashBack and rebates they set me back about $700 for the set. That's still a good chuck of change but with most front loaders and other "stylish" machines going for $800+ EACH I'm happy with my old-school appliances.

We just passed memorial day. Did you check then?

I would expect a flood of sales to next occur around 4th of July and then again for Labor Day (early September). If you can wait, there may be more savings to be had then. If not, just check the Sunday paper until something catches your eye.

Sears has then on sale all the time.
Sometimes you can get an extra old pharts discount or for using the Sears card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014