• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi,

Costco has a 46" Samsung LCD that will be 200 off the last weekend in July. I was curious if they do some sort of price protection. I wouldnt mind purchasing it now & then going in while the sale is on for a price adjustment. I know that bestbuy does something similar.

Thanks,
Rich

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Yes. Just bring your receipt to Customer service.

Is the window 30 days?

Yes. I was told it is 30 days windows.
But you can always do return and rebuy if it is out of 30 days.

How do you know the regular price won't be higher at that time & they just put a $200 discount on it, but it comes out even?

I've never known Costco to raise a price on anything once it is on the floor. Lower a price, yes, but never raise it like other stores.
Since the sale price occurs within the 30-day window, buy now and simply bring in your receipt during the $200 off sale (along with the sale coupon if that is necessary). It's an easy adjustment without the hassle of return/rebuy, especially for such a large and delicate item.

If you have proof that you can take in to them, that the price will be lower later in the month, take that to them and ask if they will give you the $200 off now. It will save you and them, time and money.

(Unless it is a rebate that must meet date requirements)

ericwuyq said: Yes. Just bring your receipt to Customer service.

for a purchase I made at costco.com they refunded the difference over email, I simply asked for the price adjustment and I didn't even have to get on the phone with them.

To add more confusion to this topic....

I called Costco.com who said they would match the coupon price on the date of the sale (July 28-Aug 5). I asked about the local warehouses & she didnt know, then gave me a direct costco line. The employee who answered said they will not pricematch (no mention of return & rebuy).

I know the obvious answer is to goto costco.com & order but I would rather cherry pick from the boxes in the store rather than have the UPS guy knock around the TV en route (call me paranoid).

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks,
Rich

Just go to the store and ask them to work with you then and there. What have you got to lose, except for a little time? They may give it to you for the sale price now, or sell it to you and tell you to come back in 2 weeks and get the difference. Be sure to talk with the manager and not just an employee, so no misunderstandings occurs. The worse thing that can happen is you will have to wait 2 weeks for the sale.

Thats true. I called another costco (a little further away). The customer service person said they will do it but they dont like to do it (not even sure what that meant).

My local Costco will NOT pricematch, especially when it's something that you buy now and there's a coupon on it after. So - I bought the item anyway, then later bought another with the coupon and went straight to the returns counter with my old receipt. It's really the same thing and I'm fine if they feel the need to add an extra step for both myself and their returns counter.

I think you lost me. You bought the first one at full price (say 1000), then you bought the second one later for $800.

Oh, then you returned the second item with the first reciept? Was that at the same time that you bought the second item or a little later?

any other thoughts?

S105dude said: My local Costco will NOT pricematch, especially when it's something that you buy now and there's a coupon on it after. So - I bought the item anyway, then later bought another with the coupon and went straight to the returns counter with my old receipt. It's really the same thing and I'm fine if they feel the need to add an extra step for both myself and their returns counter.That's on purpose.

They do not want to pricematch, so they make you work a little harder.
On TV's though they can't do that so they take you to register '1' and do the return / rebuy right there.

It's just a case of personnel. They don't want to work extra so you have to.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014