CRUNCHLESS ABS - BEWARE SCAM

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Greetings to all of you,

Just a short warning to let you know that Crunchless ABS company is SCAM. They advertise their products as 9.99 and get your credit card info and then they charge you every month 20-80$. I bought just one time their DVD and as a result, I'm calling to the AMEX customer service, changed my CC and now this scam company cannot charge my card anymore. I called them 3 times, even spoke with the manager and what? They still charge my card. But, luckily, AMEX is cancelling all their charges now. So, if you need to buy those DVDs and fat burn vitamins anyway, buy them through eBay, but not through their web site www.CrunchlessAbs.com.

Good luck to you.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yeah ALL of those "get into shape fast" ads are a scam in one way or another. I lost 40 lbs... Not through any gimmick add on tv. Look up and read up 'Body For Life.'. It changed my life and will hopefully do the same for you.

I too got taken on this. I

Wow. They charged alot. I don't trust any of those quick fix equipments. Especially the ones As Seen on TV. Glad you ended it and kept tabs on your account information.

I too was taken on this... they charged me for the video I wanted, charge $50 for some diet pills (didnt order), charged anoth $50 for the pills and sent 3 more movies.... By the time I realized it I canceled my debit card, and called the hotline. They actually informed me there was no refunds, I told them to cancel my accout!!!! Then last week I get a collection notice of $19.99!!!! WHAT! Oh yeah and I tried to call the 800# on the collection letter and it was a invalid phone #. What ever you do, don't buy this DVD, it is a scam!

And another idiot here that was taken in. I paid for 2 shipments, both times I called and canceled the subscription. Then I get a collection letter for $19.99...I turned off the credit card after the second shipment. This was today. I have written letters so will see if they take me off collection. This sucks...I hate ordering anything anymore as it seems like everything is monthly subscription for more stuff than what you ordered.

I can't believe buy into this get ripped quick junk they see on tv. anyone who fell for this deserves to be scammed.

Actually its not really a scam, its more like an underhanded trick for the unobservant. I can say this because I fell for it!

Here is the fine print you dont notice when you are purchasing the product:

Crunchless Abs Kit (DVD)
Kit Inludes: Crunchless Abs 1, 2, & 3 on DVD & Linda LaRue's Souper Slim Meal Plan. Starting in 30 days, and then every other month, you’ll receive two new workouts at a special reserved price of $19.99 per month plus $6.99 shipping and handling, charged to the same credit card you are using today. You can cancel at any time by calling customer service, and Linda’s DVDs come with our 30-day money back guarantee

WHAT?

It turns out there is no way to order the product without signing up for this membership that costs you $19.99 plus $6.99 a month...sneaky, sneaky.

Here is what you do:
As soon as your order is processed (takes about 48 hours after placing the order), call customer service at this number: 1-800-901-6623. Tell them you dont want the "Continuation of service" for $19.95 a month. They will try to talk you into it so be firm : )

If you take care of it right away you wont have to deal with the unexpected charges on your card later.

seems like there are a bunch of couch potatoes lying around here

The DVd's aren't bad. I enjoy them. I was just surprised that I kept getting charged. IT is TOTALLY fine print that they advertise the 9.99 for the first 3 dvds and then don't really mention that they're gonna send you more and charge you for them! I just randomly noticed ANOTHER charge on my card. Called to cancel the subscription which I had NO IDEA i had signed up for! The product is decent. Nothing super amazing, but they give some good ab workouts that don't involve the basic crunches. Nothing against the program, but lots against their sneaky ways to get an extra 30 or 40 dollars outta ya!

Dude, if you're gonna criticize people like that, you should probably edit your sentences first. Don't call people stupid when you can't even complete a sentence correctly.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014