• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi,

If anyone ever has taken pictures with a digital camera and brought a memory card to plug into one of WalMart or Target's photo machines, you should know what I'm talking about:

WalMart, for example, charges $0.19 for a one hour print sized 4 x 6 in. They charge $0.58 for a one hour print of 2 wallet sized photos (2 x 3 in.). $0.58! It may not seem like much, but when you are giving away 100 wallet photos, it adds up. Simply stated, each actual wallet print ends up costing $0.24. The wallets are printed on the same exact 4 x 6 paper that costs $0.19 for a regular sized photo: A pretty high markup since a wallet print could potentially cost $0.10 ( of $0.19)

The reason I'm posting this is to ask: Is there a photo website or program that would pre-format the prints where I could upload a file to WalMart's site and print a 4x6 photo for $0.19 that actually contains 2 wallets in the JPEG?

Thanks in advance!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You should be able to shop around for a better deal on wallet size photos...for example, Costco charges 39 cents for 4 2x3 prints.

Thanks for replying jayK,

Could you tell me one more thing: Do they come pre cut, or are they on a sheet of regular 8 x 12 photo paper and you have to cut them?

Create wallet-size prints

You can also do this easily in PhotoShop or even Windows Paint. Just copy and paste the original photo into a new blank .JPG which is larger. For example, if your source photo is 2400 x 1600, create a 4800 x 3200 new .JPG and then paste in the image 4 times. A 4x6 print can contain four 2x3 inch photos if there are no borders.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014