Walmart's "Right Price Guarantee"

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Can anyone tell me what WalMart's "Right Price Guarantee" is??

The Policy was that you get the item "Free" if it rings up incorrectly...up to $3.00 and over that you get .....blah ,blah blah.

In store, the customer service, head cashier, and cashiers don't seem to know the policy and
will only give you the difference in what it is displayed and what it rang up at.

If people really pay attention to prices, WalMart seems to have quite a few price discrepancies.

I would like to see what Walmarts Policy is posted at Checkout & on the Website.

Please Go To the FeedBack Link and request that the policy be posted at the Register so that it is clear to all store employees. If enough customers flood the Feedback Link , maybe we will get them to post their policies in plain site.

WalMart Feedback Link

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Well at least every Wal-Mart I have seen has their Right Price Guarantee policy already clearly posted at each register so it should not be an issue

cnIsfg said: Well at least every Wal-Mart I have seen has their Right Price Guarantee policy already clearly posted at each register so it should not be an issue

This policy is posted at the registers at my WalMarts.

I worked for Wal-Mart as a cashier and I think its kind of like those policies that get swept under the rug and no one knows about. I knew about it only because after standing at self-checkout for eight hours you tend to read all of the signange posted around the registers. Yes they are supposed to give you the three off taken off from the correct price. If they don't you can point out their policy where it clearly states that's what they are supposed to do. Here's my advice, find the cashier who doesn't really care about their job. You can do this by price matching pretty much everything in your cart and if they don't question you then you got a new bff. This cashier will probably take expired coupons, fake/legit internet coupons, credit card without ids, and also adjust the price for items if you asked. I know I did, well not knowingly the fake coupons or fraudulent credit cards but for the most part I didn't rally care. When you've found a cashier who weighs your produce with some of the produce not really on the scale then you need to come in the same time each week to make sure that cashier checks you out all the time. Soon you'll find that six dollar bags of groups was wow only two dollars and all those bag of groceries and its still not a hundred dollars. You'll soon be asking the cashier to give you a copy of their work schedule.

I've used this once. I had to point to the sign to get it. Next time I went to the store, the sign was gone.

I'd recommend printing the webpage and keeping it in your car. I havne't seen this sign at another Wal-Mart store either.

My WalMart doesn't have this sign at the store.

if you do some searching there, you do find some interesting stuff:

Price adjusting policy
Price adjustments will be given on prior Wal-Mart purchases within 7 days of purchase with a valid Wal-Mart receipt.
The Customer is required to provide the original receipt to receive the adjustment.
Price adjustments are not given for merchandise that is on clearance.
Price adjustments are not given for merchandise that goes on sale at another retailer.
Associates are not eligible to receive price adjustments.

WalMart and their SIGNS

My WM, when remodeled as a super whatever, 24 hours.....
Had a sign on every pole in the 30+ register area.

It read:
Sat and Sunday, 10 am to 4 pm ALL registers will be open.
Not so, you were lucky if 3/4 were on.
I complained many times, their answer, we do not have enough checkers here today....
In 4 weeks the signs were GONE.

The policy varies by state because each state has laws governing this.

A few months ago, I picked up a roll of aluminum foil at a Phoenix Wal-Mart. There was no price listed on the shelf, and it rang up at over $7. The store's written policy was to refund $3 or $5 or give the product free if it cost less, but the assistant manager wanted me to pay full price because he didn't think there was a pricing discrepancy. After a few minutes of discussion he offered it for $3.50. The cashier, who had a pink beehive hairdo, was peeved because she had to work past her break.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014