• 1 23458
  • Page
  • Text Only
rated:

sign
Disclaimer
I feel like I'm writing an obituary for them. This morning, when I brought in my daily three inks in, one of the cashiers that is less then fond of me waived with glee, a paper that they recieved from corporate stating that effective Feb 1, they will only be accepting 10 recycled inks per month!

I don't know if this is nationwide, but if not, it is at least regional. Signs should be going up in stores in the next few days, as corporate sent over signs to each store. I am in the North East, if that matters.

I'm sure Office Depot's closing many stores played a huge role in this, as there is much less competition now. Time to bring in those inks. RIP

(for those that are not familiar, they currently give you a $3 credit for each ink towards your rewards for up to 3 empty recycled inks daily)

While this may be more appropriate in Deal Discussion, I think last time Staples made a change of this nature, it started in hot deals to allow the many people that it affects to notice, so I will do the same, as well.

Update: I added a very blurry picture from my cell phone of one of the new signs they posted. The cashier thought I was nuts for taking a picture of the sign!

Additional Update: It has been confirmed that Staples premier rewards card holders will be able to bring in 20 inks a month and that their rewards will have an extended expiration of double the standard time

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
IMPORTANT NOTICE: starting july 1st Staples will only issue $2 per ink cart recycle.

greatdeals_007 (Jun. 09, 2010 @ 9:40p) |

this thread has been quiet. is there another one?

greatdeals_007 (Jul. 16, 2010 @ 9:41a) |

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Jul. 16, 2010 @ 10:06a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

ALL BRANDS OF CARTRIDGES NOW ACCEPTED!

1. $3 reward per "any" cartridge
2. 10 carts per month (10 at once if you prefer) for reward card members
3. 20 carts per month for premier rewards card members
4. Expiration date is 45 days (from mailing date according to CSR), 90 days for premier.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Pardon my ignorance, but where are folks coming up with more than 10 cartridges a month? (I replace one a year in my LaserJet.)

my4mainecoons said: Pardon my ignorance, but where are folks coming up with more than 10 cartridges a month? (I replace one a year in my LaserJet.)Look on eBay (among other places)
-cd

my4mainecoons said: Pardon my ignorance, but where are folks coming up with more than 10 cartridges a month? (I replace one a year in my LaserJet.) fleabay and other wonderful places.

On a seperate note, wow! boy the mods didn't give it a chance in hot deals! moved within minutes!

Time for those old multiple accounts to come out again...

Wow. A whole new income source I knew nothing about!

if you actually are using ten ink cartridges a month, you probably need to get a Laser printer instead.

This is OLD news and has been discussed in the main Staples Ink cart Recycling thread for a few weeks now.

BTW if you are a frequent Staples ink cart recycler they neglected to run their nighly update on the 12/24 which reconciles injk cart redemptions from stores to Rewards accounts so no carts were credited for redemptions on the 24th. Even though Staples knows this happened they are refusing to go back and correct the mistake. They only way you will get credit if you turned in carts on 12/24 is to call them.

Just to be sure, they stopped taking Canon and Epson carts long ago didn't they?

cnIsfg said: This is OLD news and has been discussed in the main Staples Ink cart Recycling thread for a few weeks now.

BTW if you are a frequent Staples ink cart recycler they neglected to run their nighly update on the 12/24 which reconciles injk cart redemptions from stores to Rewards accounts so no carts were credited for redemptions on the 24th. Even though Staples knows this happened they are refusing to go back and correct the mistake. They only way you will get credit if you turned in carts on 12/24 is to call them.

Didn't come up when i searched to see if anyone posted on this and frankly this deserves its own thread as that thread is over 20 pages long and is really dedicated to last years changes, so i think this important so people that it affects are made aware.

ZzZzs said: Just to be sure, they stopped taking Canon and Epson carts long ago didn't they?
I also want to know this: Canon ink cartridges? Status?

TYTBUDGET

Staples only takes HP, Dell and lexmark

cnIsfg said: This is OLD news and has been discussed in the main Staples Ink cart Recycling thread for a few weeks now.

I just looked at my December ink recycling and it is missing on 12/24 and 12/31. I also notice a couple of days in January also, 1/4 and 1/8.

I don't get it. Where do all these empty cartridges come from? Why don't they recycle them locally? It doesn't seem like it would be so cost effective to buy them and ship them all over the globe..

I was dreading this day. I was hoping the rumors floating around were false. Staples is the only one that accepts 02 HP "cartridges" ... I have 700-800 Left Any suggestions on how to get rid of them? :-P

Mr0ffic3r said: I was dreading this day. I was hoping the rumors floating around were false. Staples is the only one that accepts 02 HP "cartridges" ... I have 700-800 Left Any suggestions on how to get rid of them? :-PeBay, or 10/month per rewards account.

Mr0ffic3r said: I was dreading this day. I was hoping the rumors floating around were false. Staples is the only one that accepts 02 HP "cartridges" ... I have 700-800 Left Any suggestions on how to get rid of them? :-P

OfficeMax still takes them. Have a couple hundred left myself, but not worried, between the rest of this month @ Staples and every week at officemax, +the ten a month going forward, i'll use mine all up.

Mr0ffic3r said: I was dreading this day. I was hoping the rumors floating around were false. Staples is the only one that accepts 02 HP "cartridges" ... I have 700-800 Left Any suggestions on how to get rid of them? :-P

I'll send you a Rewards card and you can recycle them on my behalf

crazypalooza said: Staples only takes HP, Dell and lexmark

The most expensive carts btw.

Buy an Epson printer and you can get inexpensive carts at megatoners.com IMHO.

I have hundreds of empties too. I've been thinking maybe I could sell my empties right outside the Staples store. It's crazy how many Staples customers don't take advantage of the ink program, and the ones that do, well let's just say we make up for them!

800?! My god, me thinks I missed a really hot deal....

What other income sources are there that I don't know about besides this one?

my4mainecoons said: Wow. A whole new income source I knew nothing about!

judicska said: What other income sources are there that I don't know about besides this one?

my4mainecoons said: Wow. A whole new income source I knew nothing about!

A P/T job as H/B.

crazypalooza said: Staples only takes HP, Dell and lexmark
Ah. Thanks crazyp. Nice avatar btw lol.

TYTBUDGET

master10 said: cnIsfg said: This is OLD news and has been discussed in the main Staples Ink cart Recycling thread for a few weeks now.

I just looked at my December ink recycling and it is missing on 12/24 and 12/31. I also notice a couple of days in January also, 1/4 and 1/8.

That's correct. Same here. However, I do not think there is any need to call to rectify your rewars a/c balance. When I called, CSR confirmed that they are able to see those transactions and I will be credited for them even though I am not able to see them in my rewards account online.

zklopman said: if you actually are using ten ink cartridges a month, you probably need to get a Laser printer instead.

Try printing photos on a laser printer.

TheMouse said:

I print photos on a laser printer everyday! Can even do glossy on regular paper...

BobOblong said: TheMouse said:

I print photos on a laser printer everyday! Can even do glossy on regular paper...

I've found that they don't compare to inkjet and dye sublimation printers. I've looked for color lasers that can print with the same detail on laser photo paper.... I just haven't run into any (atleast within my budget of under $2500)

If you've found one, can you let me know? I'd really like to only have a laser printer if possible.

source for empties? all the ink recycling boxes where i work.... *evil grin*

Some news to add:

If you are a PREMIER Staples Rewards Member (black card, I think) then as of Feb 1 you can recycle 20 empties a month, max $60 rewards. Any Rewards level below premier, you can only recycle 10, max $30. The honeymoon of $250+ Rewards checks is over, but $60/month isn't too bad...sure am glad I boosted my spending in December to get over the $1K.

Also, they will be accepting all brands of cartridges starting Feb 1, so dig up those old worthless Epson empties!

This information was confirmed by two Rewards CSRs today...I called once in the morning and once this afternoon. They both read something verbatim, probably off a screen, so it's official at this point.

(I am cross-posting this in both the ink threads.)

pacmantech said: Some news to add:

If you are a PREMIER Staples Rewards Member (black card, I think) then as of Feb 1 you can recycle 20 empties a month, max $60 rewards. Any Rewards level below premier, you can only recycle 10, max $30. The honeymoon of $250+ Rewards checks is over, but $60/month isn't too bad...sure am glad I boosted my spending in December to get over the $1K.

Also, they will be accepting all brands of cartridges starting Feb 1, so dig up those old worthless Epson empties!

This information was confirmed by two Rewards CSRs today...I called once in the morning and once this afternoon. They both read something verbatim, probably off a screen, so it's official at this point.

(I am cross-posting this in both the ink threads.)

Unless HP has completely dropped their subsidy of Staples Ink Rewards program there is no chance that Staples is going to accept ALL ink cartridges. Plus the official signage announcing the 2/1/2009 Ink Reward program change is already up in Staples stores and their is no mention of this change. In fact they state explixity HP, Lexmark (aka Kodak) and Dell.

will they let you recycle all 10/20 per account in one day? I spoke to someone the other day and they said they think so. I need more confirmation on this though.
thanks.

all the signs in Staples don't say anything about 20 inks for premier so i'm not sure where these rumors are coming from...

crazypalooza said: all the signs in Staples don't say anything about 20 inks for premier so i'm not sure where these rumors are coming from...

Read pacmantech's post just a few above yours. It says the "rumor" is coming from the CSRs.

HP also will take them back. You can find more info here as to their return options. There is no financial incentive available though More info can be found at https://h30248.www3.HP.com/recycle/supplies/index.asp?__cc=us

KEEP WATCH! HP plans to name additional authorized retail recycling partners (like Staples, OD, etc.) in early 2009. There is a link on the above page to find more recycling partners in your area. HOWEVER, when I clicked it, it went straight to Staples only. If you would prefer to speak with an HP Planet Partners customer service representative, please call 1-800-340-2445.

GOOD LUCK!

TheMouse said: crazypalooza said: all the signs in Staples don't say anything about 20 inks for premier so i'm not sure where these rumors are coming from...

Read pacmantech's post just a few above yours. It says the "rumor" is coming from the CSRs.

when i see it in writing i'll believe it. too much speculation.

was "making" over $4k monthly, those days are gone.......

crazypalooza said: TheMouse said: crazypalooza said: all the signs in Staples don't say anything about 20 inks for premier so i'm not sure where these rumors are coming from...

when i see it in writing i'll believe it. too much speculation.

Just got this email that my rewards account had just been upgraded to premier status. Here are the benifits of premier membership listed in the email.

Welcome to Premier!
Now that you're a Staples Rewards« Premier member, you'll get the very best benefits that we have to offer:
Monthly
statements
You'll get your rewards even faster! Plus, get more frequent program benefit updates.

Double the time to
redeem your rewards
You'll have more time to redeem your rewards, so use them when you want to. NEW (as of 2/1/09)!

Double the limit on ink recycling
You'll earn rewards on up to 20 recycled cartridges per month.* NEW (as of 2/1/09)!

*Prior to February 1, 2009, the ink and toner cartridge recycling limit is 3 cartridges per day for all customers. Starting February 1, 2009, Premier members can recycle any ink or toner cartridge, up to 20 per calendar month per customer, and receive $3 back in Staples Rewards per cartridge.

ok, i'll believe the 20 now...

Skipping 277 Messages...
greatdeals_007 said: this thread has been quiet. is there another one?http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1009457/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014