Staples b&m copy/print scam.

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I went to Staples to print a black/white pdf document off my flash drive today.
it's supposed to be 9 cents per page.

They wanted to charge me an extra $2.25 for plugging in the flashdrive into their computer, and opening the pdf file.

Isn't that ridiculous?

I only had 1 page to print. So I looked at my ONE sheet of paper while trying to comprehend the $2.25 figure.....

My sheet of paper cost 2.25! It must be made of silver.

anyway, I told the cashier to take a hike. I wasn't that stupid.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

link626 said: I went to Staples to print a black/white pdf document off my flash drive today.
it's supposed to be 9 cents per page.

They wanted to charge me an extra $2.25 for plugging in the flashdrive into their computer, and opening the pdf file.

Isn't that ridiculous?

I only had 1 page to print. So I looked at my ONE sheet of paper while trying to comprehend the $2.25 figure.....

My sheet of paper cost 2.25! It must be made of silver.

anyway, I told the cashier to take a hike. I wasn't that stupid.

Well...
9 is for copy ready originals.
You did not have that.

no. doesn't matter.

you can upload pdf files to the local store online through http://www.Staples.com/copyandprint

they then have to open the pdf file from their computer to print it out. There is no service charge. It's 9c per page.

i've been to other Staples a few times, and they never charged me any bogus fee.

I.D. & also report the store, please...how else will Staples ensure that the responsible manager get pissed on? This is no small thing. Staples is not an abusive company to their customers.

edit 4 shpellin'...

nakomadog said: I.D. & also report the store, please...how else will Staples ensure that the responsible manager get pissed on? This is no small thing. Staples is not an abusive company to their customers.

edit 4 shpellin'...

i was thinking about reporting them

where do i find the district manager's info?

actually, i just used the email form on Staples website. told them to please take a dump on this store.

link626 said: nakomadog said: I.D. & also report the store, please...how else will Staples ensure that the responsible manager get pissed on? This is no small thing. Staples is not an abusive company to their customers.

edit 4 shpellin'...

You'll waste more in gas making another trip to get your copy. You should've just eaten it and let it go. Geez...

So, mods, when ARE you going to start that whining forum???

SafetyDance said: link626 said: nakomadog said: I.D. & also report the store, please...how else will Staples ensure that the responsible manager get pissed on? This is no small thing. Staples is not an abusive company to their customers.

edit 4 shpellin'...

You'll waste more in gas making another trip to get your copy. You should've just eaten it and let it go. Geez...

relax. stop trying to be the police.

I don't need to make another trip.

i didn't let them charge me $2.25
I paid the regular rate.

but i don't like the little scam they tried to pull.

link626 said: SafetyDance said: link626 said: nakomadog said: I.D. & also report the store, please...how else will Staples ensure that the responsible manager get pissed on? This is no small thing. Staples is not an abusive company to their customers.

edit 4 shpellin'...

relax. stop trying to be the police.

I don't need to make another trip.

i didn't let them charge me $2.25
I paid the regular rate.

but i don't like the little scam they tried to pull.

It's no scam. SELF SERVE copies are 9c. That means you do it. If it requires time of an employee, they charge you for it. Simple enough to understand? I didn't think so.

last 2 times i went to Staples to get a deal, i made sure everything was ok, they had the item, told me i could use coupon, i went ahead and bought the coupon from e-junkie using their computer, send the coupon to their email, they printed it out without any hassle and charged me 9 cents

I've always had good experiences at my local Staples printing/copying center.

Staples copy/printing is a real hit/miss in my opinion.

It depends upon who the associate is behind the machines. Some know what they're doing, others are clueless.

Being a regular print customer of theirs, I inquired as to the USB fee, and this is due to their taking responsibility first and foremost for any damage that may come to your USB key. If the associate breaks or damages it, THEY are responsible, thus they are starting to charge this fee.

Best to upload as mentioned before, or bring a copy in hand.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014