How does Kroger's gas discount work ???

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
They say customers will get 10 cents/gallon discount when we buy $100 grocery.

but...........

How many (fill-up) times or gallons for each $100?

Is it cumulative? Can it be carried over to next month?

Thanks in advance

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Here is the process -

1. Spend at least $100 on grocery in a month, multiple purchases adding up to $100 are ok but should be tracked via your Kroger Plus card
2. Get an additional 7 cents discount per gallon next month (you get 3 cents anyway with the Kroger Plus card) if you use the same card
3. Max 32 gallons per fillup, not sure how many times you can actually get the extra discount

What did they say at Customer Service in your Kroger store when you asked? This seems like a silly thing to ask FW.

wfay said: What did they say at Customer Service in your Kroger store when you asked? This seems like a silly thing to ask FW.

I asked several associates at Krogers, but none can clearly answer the question. They are NOT SURE about anything they say.

Hopefully, other FWers can give me the answer.

We were getting 4 fill ups a month with the discount. We have moved to a state with no Krogers so I can not verify that number is still good.

Each region may have a slightly different promo. In mine it currently is earn 100 points (where mostly 1 point = 1 dollar but there are some bonuses) get 10 cents off per gallon on 4 fuel purchases the following month. Earning more points can bring bigger discounts. The 3 cent discount for using the kroger card stacks on top of that.

Thanks !!!

I asked some friends, and they said they can fill up twice.

I spent $130 yesterday and could use 10 cents discount immediately.

If we know Kroger's policy (gas discount), we can maximize the benefit of this promotion.

You earn $.10 a fill up for every $100 you spend in a month. You can also earn the $.10 per fill up for filling 2 prescriptions, for every $50 in gift cards you buy, and 5 points for each reusable shopping bag you bring in. 100 points equals $.10 off a fill up. You have until the end of next month to use the points you earn in this month. Your receipt should give a breakdown of how many points you have for the previous month and this month any when they expire. For example, my most recent receipt says that I have says:

February Fuel Points remaining: $750
Redeem by 3/31/09
Today's Fuel Saver Points earned 72
March Fuel Saver points to date 533
March points expire 4/30/09

I realize I have a lot of points, I share a card with a group of friends. I can't use the gas in my car because I drive a temperamental beater that is paid for but does not like Kroger's gas.

trishshack said: You earn $.10 a fill up for every $100 you spend in a month. You can also earn the $.10 per fill up for filling 2 prescriptions, for every $50 in gift cards you buy, and 5 points for each reusable shopping bag you bring in. 100 points equals $.10 off a fill up. You have until the end of next month to use the points you earn in this month. Your receipt should give a breakdown of how many points you have for the previous month and this month any when they expire. For example, my most recent receipt says that I have says:

February Fuel Points remaining: $750
Redeem by 3/31/09
Today's Fuel Saver Points earned 72
March Fuel Saver points to date 533
March points expire 4/30/09

I realize I have a lot of points, I share a card with a group of friends. I can't use the gas in my car because I drive a temperamental beater that is paid for but does not like Kroger's gas.

Thanks !!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014