Rebation cashback site

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Rebation.com has been down for quite awhile and I'm getting a little concerned. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what recourse is open to those of us who have Cash Back pending?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I requested a payout about six weeks ago and never received it nor replys to my numerous email requests as to the status. Looks like they're out of business.

I did receive a payment couple months ago and thought they are reliable. Guess we'd better stick to FW in this economic down turn.

damn - i had $400 + in CashBack pending with them - no recourse?

DOES ANYONE WHO RECEIVED A PAYMENT FROM THEM HAVE THE PARTICULARS? NAME, ADDRESS, CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBERS? I WOULD LIKE TO RESEARCH AS MUCH AS WE CAN, AND TRY TO RECOUP WHAT WE HAVE COMING...

dogshe said: DOES ANYONE WHO RECEIVED A PAYMENT FROM THEM HAVE THE PARTICULARS? NAME, ADDRESS, CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBERS? I WOULD LIKE TO RESEARCH AS MUCH AS WE CAN, AND TRY TO RECOUP WHAT WE HAVE COMING...

yes please -if anyone can provide particulars, it would be very helpful

As I remember they send me a MO from Moneygram and I cashed it with my local chase bank. Is there any way that I can access the MO from Chase? Tried but only got the image of deposit slip, not the MO. We have to try our best to recoup the hard earned money.

Here is what I have found out thus far:
I went to whois.com and allwhois.com and discovered the domain registrar. I then went to contactprivacy.com and emailed a letter to all contacts of rebation.com. I have no response as of yet, and really don't expect one. I will be contacting the local news station to see if they can help...

Great job, dogshe. Please let us know.

I "lost" about $60 in rebation pending CashBack...

I've been thinking about this: does anyone know about the CashBack/referral process?
A) Did Rebation already get credit for our business and now they've dropped away with the ill-begotten gains? (i.e. a Scam!)
B) Or do CashBack websites also have to wait 30-60 days for payment, which means they simply went out of business? (then again, they may still around to collect the referral money, even if their website is no longer active...).

Of course, best to stick with FW - I just used rebation in a few cases where FW CashBack wasn't available...

Argh.

is there a place to file complaints for issues such as this?

this is very upsetting...i had about 40 dollars also.

I lost $56.88. I also attempted to contact them through contactprivacy.com but have had no response. If we could get a lawyer on this, (s)he should be able to subpoena contactprivacy for their information on rebation.com, and we could contact their host as well.

baobao123 said: As I remember they send me a MO from Moneygram and I cashed it with my local chase bank. Is there any way that I can access the MO from Chase? Tried but only got the image of deposit slip, not the MO. We have to try our best to recoup the hard earned money.
You should contact them online and ask them for an image of the moneygram. They may charge you a $5 fee.

Edit: I just took another look at their whois information and their registrar is Tucows (headquartered in Canada), which also provides the contactprivacy.com service. If anyone has information on the owners of rebation.com, it's them.

Tops said: I lost $56.88. I also attempted to contact them through contactprivacy.com but have had no response. If we could get a lawyer on this, (s)he should be able to subpoena contactprivacy for their information on rebation.com, and we could contact their host as well.

baobao123 said: As I remember they send me a MO from Moneygram and I cashed it with my local chase bank. Is there any way that I can access the MO from Chase? Tried but only got the image of deposit slip, not the MO. We have to try our best to recoup the hard earned money.
You should contact them online and ask them for an image of the moneygram. They may charge you a $5 fee.

Edit: I just took another look at their whois information and their registrar is Tucows (headquartered in Canada), which also provides the contactprivacy.com service. If anyone has information on the owners of rebation.com, it's them.

Thx for the tip. Will ask my bank to look it up and keep you guys posted.

Money order from Rebation.com
Disclaimer
Just got the image of the MO I received from Rebation.com. Have the name of the person who sent out the MO but no address or other more concrete info. Hope this may be helpful. Any thought anyone?

I don't think it's enough information. Our last resort is getting information from Tucows, the website registrar.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014