• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Is there an easy way to check if your Costco membership has expired? Hopefully online...?

Thank you.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

http://www.costco.com/Service/FeaturePageLeftNav.aspx?ProductNo=10045080&topnav=&whse=BC〈=en-US

Call 800-774-2678. It took me about < 10 seconds to find the number.

It may take about 10 minutes to find the answer.

OnePenny said: http://www.costco.com/Service/FeaturePageLeftNav.aspx?ProductNo=10045080&topnav=&whse=BC〈=en-US

Call 800-774-2678. It took me about < 10 seconds to find the number.

It may take about 10 minutes to find the answer.

Not to mention it is printed right on the back of your Costco membership card. Costco omemberships always expire one year from the month in that date.

Thank you!

Actually, that printed date wouldn't be accurate for me, because the membership expired and I'm just wondering if my friend re-up'ed our account. Can't ask her.

Heh, and your 'friend' might've cut you out.

you can go try get gas w/ your card, and it'd tell you whether it's expired or not

jess888 said: Thank you!

Actually, that printed date wouldn't be accurate for me, because the membership expired and I'm just wondering if my friend re-up'ed our account. Can't ask her.

It makes NO difference. Even when you let your Costco membership lapse and renew your membership months later the renewal STILL expires on the original membership month so the back of the card will be accurate.

cnIsfg said: It makes NO difference. Even when you let your Costco membership lapse and renew your membership months later the renewal STILL expires on the original membership month so the back of the card will be accurate.Really? So if your Costco membership expired in May 2008, and you renewed it today (April 30th), it would expire again tomorrow?

jayK said: cnIsfg said: It makes NO difference. Even when you let your Costco membership lapse and renew your membership months later the renewal STILL expires on the original membership month so the back of the card will be accurate.Really? So if your Costco membership expired in May 2008, and you renewed it today (April 30th), it would expire again tomorrow?

No. In your example it would expire in one month at the end of May as in the end of the original membership month on the back of your card. Costco would only charge you a prorated membership fee for one quarter ( 3 months) when you renew if you renewed today (4/30) and yes your membership would STILL expire at the end of May in your example.
Sams Club on the other hand simply adds a year regardless of when of you renew your membership and regadless of your prior membership status.

cnIsfg said: No. In your example it would expire in one month at the end of May as in the end of the original membership month on the back of your card. Costco would only charge you a prorated membership fee for one quarter ( 3 months) when you renew if you renewed today (4/30) and yes your membership would STILL expire at the end of May in your example.So Costco would charge you 3 months worth of membership fees for one month of membership? What's your source on this?

CALL THE STORE...NOTHING ONLINE

jess888 said: Thank you!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"can't ask her" What is she....in jail? What kind of "friend" can't you ask a question?

Melliebaby said: CALL THE STORE...NOTHING ONLINE

I went to the costco home page / Customer Service / Contact Us / Member Questions and Comments / Warehouse, Business Center, memberships / then picked "Membership Information or Changes

They e-mailed me my member expiration date thge following day.

Text

jayK said: cnIsfg said: No. In your example it would expire in one month at the end of May as in the end of the original membership month on the back of your card. Costco would only charge you a prorated membership fee for one quarter ( 3 months) when you renew if you renewed today (4/30) and yes your membership would STILL expire at the end of May in your example.So Costco would charge you 3 months worth of membership fees for one month of membership? What's your source on this?

Yep that is the way Costco does it like it or not. Depending on the local warehouse club manager you may be able complain enough to negoitate a Costco GC to cover what you feel is unfair amount of your membership fee for that prprorated period or a credit toward you next membership renewal. As far as my source: being a 20 year Costco Business member, 10+ years as a Costco vendor and nearly a daily presence for the past 5 years in their warehouse clubs negotiating and maintaining existing salvage contracts with managers who ALL complain about Costco members who complain about how Costco does their membership services and associated fees.

Oh on a COMPLETELY unrelated side note, Costco Gas Stations now force you to put in your costco card first. You can't just scan your AMEX and fill up anymore. If you try it locks it up for 20 seconds.

cnIsfg said: jayK said: cnIsfg said: No. In your example it would expire in one month at the end of May as in the end of the original membership month on the back of your card. Costco would only charge you a prorated membership fee for one quarter ( 3 months) when you renew if you renewed today (4/30) and yes your membership would STILL expire at the end of May in your example.So Costco would charge you 3 months worth of membership fees for one month of membership? What's your source on this?

Yep that is the way Costco does it like it or not. Depending on the local warehouse club manager you may be able complain enough to negoitate a Costco GC to cover what you feel is unfair amount of your membership fee for that prprorated period or a credit toward you next membership renewal. As far as my source: being a 20 year Costco Business member, 10+ years as a Costco vendor and nearly a daily presence for the past 5 years in their warehouse clubs negotiating and maintaining existing salvage contracts with managers who ALL complain about Costco members who complain about how Costco does their membership services and associated fees.
http://www.costco.com/renewalsettlement.pdf is the source. Thanks Lord, in America we sue evils.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014