• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
whatSay said:   Any thoughts/experiences with enterprise car sales?In the ancient past (when Hertz ran respectable sales lots) I read that they were a used car lot with an Enterprise banner - i.e. they'd buy used cars at auction as well as their own. The author of that statement had a fairly negative attitude about them. Long time ago, of course.

whatSay said:   Any thoughts/experiences with enterprise car sales?

I actually bought my 2005 Ford Explorer from Enterrpise about 3 years ago. I swore that I would never step into another regular ripoff dealership so when I saw that Enterprise was no haggle and would accept my trade, I went to check them out. They told me that they only sold their best vehicles themselves. The others would be bought by other local dealers, which happened to be there when I was there. I went in on the defensive after my last dealings with a dealer but everything was upfront and clear. They actually paid the remainder of my trade's lien, which was a little more than the trade-in value. They made their $ on the extended warranty, which was more than warranty direct but could be bundled into the financing. Also, to my surprise, the bank actually sent a letter telling me that my interest rate had been lowered. The car was in great condition and I just sold it. I may also have been fortunate because the location had JUST opened and was eager to gain customers.

clickme236 said:   whatSay said:   Any thoughts/experiences with enterprise car sales?

I actually bought my 2005 Ford Explorer from Enterrpise about 3 years ago. I swore that I would never step into another regular ripoff dealership so when I saw that Enterprise was no haggle and would accept my trade, I went to check them out. They told me that they only sold their best vehicles themselves. The others would be bought by other local dealers, which happened to be there when I was there. I went in on the defensive after my last dealings with a dealer but everything was upfront and clear. They actually paid the remainder of my trade's lien, which was a little more than the trade-in value. They made their $ on the extended warranty, which was more than warranty direct but could be bundled into the financing. Also, to my surprise, the bank actually sent a letter telling me that my interest rate had been lowered. The car was in great condition and I just sold it. I may also have been fortunate because the location had JUST opened and was eager to gain customers.
So how did you make out on price compared with a similar used vehicle from other sources? Might be a useful resource, especially if other happy customers jump in and add to the group wisdom

Well, I believe the vehicle price was advertised as being $1000 to $2000 below the KBB suggested price at the time and I'm sure that I also checked to make sure it was below the Edmunds suggested price. I simply refused to waste hours suffering in the local crooked dealerships around my area so I didn't pay too much attention to their "advertised" prices. Like I said, I knew the warranty was more expensive but I wanted to bundle it and they didn't try lieing about it, like other dealers.

So I finally picked up my Rent 2 Buy 2010 Matrix yesterday. I had reserved it last Tuesday to pickup last Friday...and it wasn't made available until too late this past Wednesday. The ride is smooth and there seem to be no mechanical issues with it. It has some scratches on both sides and the bumper and a couple of dents on the front fender which they failed to mention prior to pickup. I have until tomorrow to decide whether to buy...

clickme236 said:   So I finally picked up my Rent 2 Buy 2010 Matrix yesterday. I had reserved it last Tuesday to pickup last Friday...and it wasn't made available until too late this past Wednesday. The ride is smooth and there seem to be no mechanical issues with it. It has some scratches on both sides and the bumper and a couple of dents on the front fender which they failed to mention prior to pickup. I have until tomorrow to decide whether to buy...Unless you're actually saving serious money I suggest being more thorough than "there seem to be...". I last bought a car from Hertz when they were professional and nice and had the records, and still probably ended up spending $1500 somewhat unexpectedly. I'd saved enough on an Avalon XLS that I was still happy, though. All four tires were crap and must have come with free imbedded nails, since I got two flats in the next month or so (and never before or after), one of the wheels was warped, probably as a result the rear bearings died a year later, and I spent some $350 with DentPro making the body look good.

Does the Rent2Buy program also depend on your credit scores? Very interested in this program but don't have that great of a credit score.

joayepes said:   Does the Rent2Buy program also depend on your credit scores? Very interested in this program but don't have that great of a credit score.Probably not, unless Hertz is providing financing. As I read it here, the buyer is responsible for payment/financing and Hertz does nothing about transfering title until they have money in hand.

rust on battery clamp
Disclaimer

rust on hose clamp
Disclaimer

rust on top of (I think) shock absorber
Disclaimer

rust on metal tubes
Disclaimer
PoorJohn said:   clickme236 said:   So I finally picked up my Rent 2 Buy 2010 Matrix yesterday. I had reserved it last Tuesday to pickup last Friday...and it wasn't made available until too late this past Wednesday. The ride is smooth and there seem to be no mechanical issues with it. It has some scratches on both sides and the bumper and a couple of dents on the front fender which they failed to mention prior to pickup. I have until tomorrow to decide whether to buy...Unless you're actually saving serious money I suggest being more thorough than "there seem to be...". I last bought a car from Hertz when they were professional and nice and had the records, and still probably ended up spending $1500 somewhat unexpectedly. I'd saved enough on an Avalon XLS that I was still happy, though. All four tires were crap and must have come with free imbedded nails, since I got two flats in the next month or so (and never before or after), one of the wheels was warped, probably as a result the rear bearings died a year later, and I spent some $350 with DentPro making the body look good.

So today I popped the hood and noticed rust on hose clamps, nuts, and a few other metal surfaces, which I didn't think would be normal on a 2010 car. This made me fear flood damage since the plates are from PA, while it's being sold in NY. I read that there was flooding over there a few months ago. The inside of the car doesn't smell musty at all though. I took it to a Midas shop and they said the car is fine. They think that it could have been the humidity during the summer wherever the car was previously. My sister happens to also have a 2010 Toyota, but a quick inspection of hers only showed rust on like 1 nut...The car runs fine so I'm not sure if I'm overreacting by suspecting flood damage or if I should just accept the Midas diagnosis...I added some example pics...

clickme236, the rust may be from winter road salt getting into the engine compartment from winter driving. Not much you can do to prevent that rust from occurring, especially if the parts are not hosed off quickly after driving in those conditions. I would expect to see stuff like that in a car driven in a Northern state. Would I be concerned? Yes!

When they put it on the lift only the pipe going from the catalytic converter to the muffler had rust. The muffler itself seemed rust free. I didn't expect to see that much on a 2 yr old car. I'm going to check the oil dipstick and tranny to see if they show signs of water contamination. I'm not sure if I'm just too paranoid at this point...

clickme236 said:   When they put it on the lift only the pipe going from the catalytic converter to the muffler had rust. The muffler itself seemed rust free. I didn't expect to see that much on a 2 yr old car. I'm going to check the oil dipstick and tranny to see if they show signs of water contamination. I'm not sure if I'm just too paranoid at this point... I'd pick a real mechanic from the CarTalk web site and spend a little money getting a good inspection. A franchise muffler shop expanded into other opportunities isn't my idea of an inspection. And would probably pass on an unusually rusty car.

Too bad Hertz hooks you with a rather expensive rental fee that induces you to go ahead and take the leap. I haven't bought many used cars (in fact almost exclusively from Hertz, in the good old days) but I thought anyone reputable would let you take a reasonable test drive and get an inspection for free (albeit not over several days, although it could be argued that you didn't do more than x hours of actual driving in that period).

BTW, I just discovered that although Hertz doesn't provide service records, I was able to obtain it from toyota's website by signing up as an owner. All you need is the VIN #. I wish it had dawned on me before purchasing...

clickme236 said:   BTW, I just discovered that although Hertz doesn't provide service records, I was able to obtain it from toyota's website by signing up as an owner. All you need is the VIN #. I wish it had dawned on me before purchasing...interesting invasion of privacy - isn't the VIN clearly visible through the windshield? (Also Toyota would only know when Hertz used their services - which they might not do in cases of non-warranty damage.)

PoorJohn said:   clickme236 said:   BTW, I just discovered that although Hertz doesn't provide service records, I was able to obtain it from toyota's website by signing up as an owner. All you need is the VIN #. I wish it had dawned on me before purchasing...interesting invasion of privacy - isn't the VIN clearly visible through the windshield? (Also Toyota would only know when Hertz used their services - which they might not do in cases of non-warranty damage.)

The VIN is listed on the website before you even buy it! The Toyota website just tells you what and where services were performed.

clickme236 said:   The VIN is listed on the website before you even buy it! The Toyota website just tells you what and where services were performed.My privacy concern is that I can look at your Toyota (regardless of where you bought it), write down the VIN, and apparently go to a Toyota site where I can learn stuff that you might wish were private.

Generational thing, I suppose. The youth of today will already have put all that stuff on their facebook page. (e.g. "Look at the lamp-post I smashed into when I got wasted last week! Dealer charged me two grand to get it fixed, and I didn't dare tell my insurance company.")

PoorJohn said:   clickme236 said:   The VIN is listed on the website before you even buy it! The Toyota website just tells you what and where services were performed.My privacy concern is that I can look at your Toyota (regardless of where you bought it), write down the VIN, and apparently go to a Toyota site where I can learn stuff that you might wish were private.

Generational thing, I suppose. The youth of today will already have put all that stuff on their facebook page. (e.g. "Look at the lamp-post I smashed into when I got wasted last week! Dealer charged me two grand to get it fixed, and I didn't dare tell my insurance company.")

I hear ya...I was a little surprised myself to find it to be so easy to get the info...

clickme236 said:   So I finally picked up my Rent 2 Buy 2010 Matrix yesterday. I had reserved it last Tuesday to pickup last Friday...and it wasn't made available until too late this past Wednesday. The ride is smooth and there seem to be no mechanical issues with it. It has some scratches on both sides and the bumper and a couple of dents on the front fender which they failed to mention prior to pickup. I have until tomorrow to decide whether to buy...

Did you purchase the Matrix? Interested to know what your experience is because I am going to test drive a 2010 Matrix from Hertz Rent to Buy next week.

gunks said:   clickme236 said:   So I finally picked up my Rent 2 Buy 2010 Matrix yesterday. I had reserved it last Tuesday to pickup last Friday...and it wasn't made available until too late this past Wednesday. The ride is smooth and there seem to be no mechanical issues with it. It has some scratches on both sides and the bumper and a couple of dents on the front fender which they failed to mention prior to pickup. I have until tomorrow to decide whether to buy...

Did you purchase the Matrix? Interested to know what your experience is because I am going to test drive a 2010 Matrix from Hertz Rent to Buy next week.

Well, I'm still in the purchasing process...once I clicked the purchase button, I was contacted the next business and they overnighted the paperwork a couple of days later. There were some papers that I had to get notarized on the date that was shown pre typed on the paperwork, which meant that I couldn't do it the same day that I did the wire at my bank. After the wire cleared they emailed me to let me know and then they emailed me to say that my paperwork was being sent to the titling company. Now I'm just waiting to get the title so that I can transfer my registration. Oh, you also have to insure the car before you are able to send back the paperwork, but that was easy for me online with Geico.

My experience purchasing from Hertz Rent2Buy a month ago:

Decent experience, overall. Selecting and reserving the vehicle from their site was easy. Price was about $13,000 for a 2010 Mazda 5 with 33k miles on it. No Craigslist ad or dealership came anywhere near that--they were all asking at least $2,000 more. They called me over the phone several times to remind me that despite the fact that I had reserved the vehicle, I should not go to pick it up until they called me to confirm its availability. I did call their central office once to ask a question about the warranty and was unimpressed with the individual I spoke to at that particular time, but in general I found their call support folks helpful and friendly.

When I came to check out the car, they gave me a walkaround. In particular, they pointed out that there was a small dent in each side door, and a scratch on the rear bumper. The sliding doors sounded like the rollers needed cleaning / lube. Additionally, it was missing the drivers' side floormat, which I am not sure if they mentioned at the time or not. Other things I noticed that weren't pointed out: Some scuffing on the plastic on the inside, especially the cargo area. A plastic hook protruding from the car wall was broken. I also noticed that the Hertz "NeverLost" GPS system was installed, and asked that they remove it, but they told me that they were unable to do so at that location. This turned out to be a bit of an annoyance, since it would automatically turn on and beep at me each time I turned the car on, and then later I did have to take the car down to the airport (40 minute drive one way) to have them remove it at their fleet location. They could have saved me the trouble by removing it before I rented the car. I also had my mechanic check the car out--he said it looked good, though the transmission fluid was quite dirty and would need changing soon after purchasing the car.

I decided to purchase the car. I was paying cash up front, which may have simplified things. I did have an issue transferring the amount via ACH because I neglected to add their vehicle number as a note to the transfer--took a bit of sorting out with their call support people. All the while, I got automated calls telling me that I hadn't made my payment yet. Very annoying. While *technically* my fault, I do think they could have fixed this on their own, as they knew the to-the-cent transfer amount needed and could have confirmed with me, rather than telling me I hadn't sent the money when I clearly HAD.

Signing and notarizing the paperwork in a quick 2-day turnaround was a bit of a hassle, but got done. No real complaints with the rest of the paperwork. They made it fairly simple as long as you paid attention to what to sign, where.

Overall, I'd say 3/5 stars. Pros: Good price on a decent car, no haggling. Cons: No ability to check the car out before trial-renting, support center is still a bit disconnected from the local rental facilities, still a few inconveniences associated with the purchasing process.

Update: Just got the bill from the PlatePass sticker they use to pay electronic tolls. I got charged $5 for crossing the 520 bridge from Bellevue to Seattle once (which normally costs $3.50), then a $14.75 maintenance fee ($3 a day for 11 days). The total bill was $20, which in the grand scheme of things isn't much, but given that I paid the majority of this fee for no purpose whatsoever, I'm a bit pissed about it. There's no reason they can't do a pay-as-you go--the maintenance fee is just being charged because it can be.

If you are interested in this program and you have electronic tolling in your area, see if you can avoid this charge. If you can't, please complain. It's ridiculous.

Hi All,

I am looking for a used car and recently came to know about R2B option. Hertz cars seems to be leading the race, I know enterprise is another. Does anyone know any other good source of R2B option.

I read the thread and there seems to be some discussion about negotiating with Hertz. Did anyone finally was able to make them reduce their price or is it really "not negotiable".

It seems Hertz have recently changed their Warranty policy form 1yr/12k miles to 2months/2000 miles which is kinda sad.

Another question, may be a dumb one. I am looking for 2012 model of Camry, does anyone, by his/her experience, know by what time of the year they start selling same year model.

Thanks.

From people's comments here Hertz seems to sell their cars somewhere around 30K miles (the last time I did business with them over 5 years ago the low-mid 20's was more common, but times are tough.

Just bought a rental from Hertz in late-December (a 2011 Rav4). The car is in fantastic condition, had a mechanic check it, and he said he couldn't believe I got it for the price I did. I don't drive far to work (less than 3 miles roundtrip), so in 3 years the mileage will even out. I bike commute in the spring/summer/fall (I live in the PNW), so it really will only get roadtrips, hiking excursions, and winter driving. The process took a while, so you have to be patient, but I would totally do it again without hesitation. Sure beats the money you lose on buying a new car and driving off the lot! Love a good deal!

Check out my experience with Hertz R2Buy

Nice bump.

Ten years ago or so I worked as a driving instructor for a private driving school in suburban Atlanta. The company bought exclusively from Hertz Sales. Typically Corollas. Those cars took a licking and kept on ticking.

Just finished the paperwork to purchase a 2010 Nissan Altima hybrid. My experience was similar to most of the ones I read about here. A couple of false alarms at the start waiting for the selected car to be available for the test drive. Had it checked out at the local Nissan dealer, took a a couple of different road trips, and went online to click the purchase button.
Easiest car purchase I've made ( although buying a Honda civic 35 years ago was pretty easy, just pay up ), toughest part was convincing the hertz agent when I first picked up the car that I didn't want the extra insurance she was selling.
My only advice would be to track the pricing of the car you are interested in, the prices change every Monday and fluctuate with the supply of a particular model. I paid 12k but by last week a similar car was going for 14.5k.

kzoocamp: How many miles did you have on the Rav4 you bought?

Also, does anyone know when they start offering the next year's models on R2b? For example, if I wanted the 2012s, when would they go on the program?

Going to do a three day rent to buy today on a RAV4 with 39K miles, it's an 2011, I'll post updates with my take on the whole process I'll be having it inspected as well. Fingers crossed it's a great buy and I love those little rigs!!

In terms of value, I would say these cars are good deals, but I wouldn't say its an exceptional deal. I rented a RAV4 from Hertz in May that happened to be on the R2B program. This one had really bad stains on the seats, but drove well.

On their website, Hertz will show you how much cheaper they are than KBB, but the KBB value they base it off of is the value you would pay if you were buying it from a dealer. However, their cars may not be in the shape you'd expect a dealership car to be (tires, brakes, oil/fluids checked, cleanliness, dents/knicks, etc.). In that sense, buying a car from R2B is more like buying a car from a private party.

So, when you're doing a value comparison, I would suggest you go to KBB and compare with the "buying from a private party" or "selling the car myself" value, and not the "Excellent condition" figure.

I just bought a 2011 Honda Odyssey LX in August from Hertz Rent2Buy $20,950 + Tax and fees which is pretty much KBB Private Party Very Good Price, retail price is at least $26,500 new here in San Diego CA. Carfax was clean except the fleet car tag, not that they would report anything anyway. Odysseys go very fast usually with 24 hours of being listed. So if you see one grab it fast. Once reserved its basically yours unless you change your mind within the reserve time, not like at a dealership where theres alot of pressure and you cannot just think about it. The price is no haggle which is nice but the promos change and right now the promo is the best I have seen it. Which makes competition for the best cars go up. I have only ever seen one other odyssey in my area go on sale since I bought, as I said they go super fast. Mine had only 23,600 miles on it which is low for this program, most are at least 5,000 or 10,000 miles more. Mine was on rental when I reserved it and in the 2 weeks it was out they put on an extra 1,000 miles pretty crazy.

Anyways on to condition. The shape of the car was good not great. A few things I did not notice upfront. The windsheild molding was off the car. Upon closer inspection the windsheild was installed to one side too much and the molding would not fit properly. I told Hertz and after 3 weeks of having it inspected by Hertz and Safelite they finally covered it under warranty by replacing the whole windshield, the clips, and moulding. Hertz was very proactive in fixing the problem, but it did take some driving and weeks of time before a solution was found. Another problem was the dashboard gauge dimmer switch was completely broken off. Very subtle but I caught it pretty quick. That will be covered by Honda Bumper to bumper warranty. Have to replace the whole dash for one little switch but at least they are doing it. Other smaller problems there was a bolt missing in the rear bumper $2.00. Some of the plastic panals inside have alot of scratchs so I replaced the ones that were looking bad, mostly in the trunk area. About $25 each not bad. Had to scrub some of the interior from some stains. Also the paint needed work, minor swirl marks from auto car washes. Corner bumps from shopping cart damage and someone backed into a pole middle of the rear bumper this can all be buffed out or just ignored if you want to. The engine was very dirty, and the oil had not been changed in a while very black, and the tires were wearing poorly due to no tire rotations. I seriously doubt the car was maintain really well but in 24,000 miles there is not too much damage that can be done. If you dont mind doing the refurb work or just want to ignore it you can save a couple grand in the process. I used to work for Enterprise, the maintainance is car washes, and an occasional oil change if the car is available and seriously overdue. They only make money when the car is rented so... I would look for the lowest miles you can get. Overall the car was in good condition. If you want a perfect car or one that is totally ready to go this is, not for you. It will cost some money and time to refurb and some things like the tires and oil need to be done immediately upon getting the car to save problems later.

Overall this is my type of car purchase. I get to save thousands and fix things up on the cheap, my labor mostly and purchase a car I would never have been able to afford otherwise. The Hertz process was pretty smooth, once reserved I had days to decide if I want it. Took to a mechanic who said it looked good overall. The warranty work was slow but steady and proactive. The contract was signed at my house after the windshield was replaced 3 weeks later and fedexed back. The loan was handled from my credit union over email. I kept the van the whole time. Very different buying experience. I didnt have to sit in a high pressure sales office for 12 hours with kids like last time I bought a car. I did have to drive to the local Hertz at the airport a few times about 35 minute drive each way but thats not too bad. Once for the van and again for the warranty stuff. I was able to get $800 off the listed price. $500 promo and $300 coupon from Google search. I would do it again. The car did not smell, and not abused just rough around the edges like a rental can get. I would also pump alot of quality gas for a while, I am sure the rental got its share of cheap non detergent gas so some techron would be a good idea too.

Oh yes I forgot to mention I actually got 2 keys with remotes!! I thought that would not be possible but I did.

I bought a 2011' Ford Escape XLT from Hertzrent2buy. I have been extremely happy with the purchase, customer service, everything.

The finance officer - Jarrod was the best. Everyone at Hertz was fantastic.

I will buy again, 100%.

When you are making a large purchase like a car, you have to be patient. When you order the car for a test drive, sometimes it takes longer. Reason being is because they are going over the car with a
fine tooth comb. Making sure the car is 100% ready for the buyer. Anything good is worth waiting for. I originally ordered my car on August 16th, 2012'. I finally picked up my car on September 6th, 2012'.
Worth the wait.

Thank you.

DW

debbiedoll said:   I bought a 2011' Ford Escape XLT from Hertzrent2buy. I have been extremely happy with the purchase, customer service, everything.

The finance officer - Jarrod was the best. Everyone at Hertz was fantastic.

I will buy again, 100%.

When you are making a large purchase like a car, you have to be patient. When you order the car for a test drive, sometimes it takes longer. Reason being is because they are going over the car with a
fine tooth comb. Making sure the car is 100% ready for the buyer. Anything good is worth waiting for. I originally ordered my car on August 16th, 2012'. I finally picked up my car on September 6th, 2012'.
Worth the wait.

Thank you.

DW
I call BS.

clickme236 said:   So I finally picked up my Rent 2 Buy 2010 Matrix yesterday. I had reserved it last Tuesday to pickup last Friday...and it wasn't made available until too late this past Wednesday. The ride is smooth and there seem to be no mechanical issues with it. It has some scratches on both sides and the bumper and a couple of dents on the front fender which they failed to mention prior to pickup. I have until tomorrow to decide whether to buy...

Similar experience but worse in that I have no option to pick it up on my scheduled pickup day or the day following as they have decided to rent it out again to someone else: Originally reserved the Toyota online 9.30.12 and I was suppose to pickup my Toyota car today Monday 10.8.12 at 1pm. However today 10.8.12 I was informed that they rented it out again on this past Saturday 10.6.12 with a return date of Tuesday 5pm 10.9.12.... So I am just out of luck thanks to the Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. facility lack of identifying and keeping my reservation as they choose to put another renter into my car... Reservation originally made 9.30.12.

The lady at the car sales corp. location said she was sorry and it is nothing that she could do except escalate this situation to a higher up level and hopefully (no guarantee still) I will be able to pick up my Toyota car on my next day off Friday 9am Oct. 12, 2012.

This is very frustrating as one of the family cars is not running and I was counting on this car today with the option of tomorrow since I'm off Mon. & Tue. (but working Wed. & Thurs)..... I have previously purchased a car from the West Palm Beach location last year and they had the car ready for rental as the reservation implied. The Ft. Lauderdale location failed miserably in my opinion.

I agree with Poorjohn that Debbiedoll's statements are not my experience or my previous purchase experience.

The W.P.B. location had the car ready for pickup. Obvious large visible quanties of Tar were on the lower sides of the car when ready for pickup and they said this vehicle has been washed and they would not proceed to remove the tar when I asked why it was not removed. The car was not especially detailed inside but was probably fast vacummed. The exterior as described was needing more washing. The alloy wheels which were not cleaned but had visible dirt. They said it only goes through the car wash. No fine tooth comb was used..... But all of that is ok if they will just full fill the commitment to deliver the car when plenty of time is used in making a reservation......

Now if Debbiedoll can get someone to use a finetooth comb on any car I reserve....Please continue and explain how???

The story becomes worse.......

Good news—1yr ago I bought a car at WPB location and they had it on time for my pickup…

Bad news—I reserved a car on 9.30.12 for pickup at Ft. Lauderdale downtown location for 10.8.12 at 1pm. I was not called till 10.8.12 saying the airport location apparently missed the flagged car and rerented it and it will be returned 10.23.12 Tues.
I was disappointed and called 10.23.12 to ask the hertz corp. sales person Sandra to follow up that the car was returned and for them to mark it clearly at the airport so they do not rerent it a second time and send it to their downtown location. She called me back saying they located the car at the airport returned and it is clearly marked and she would call me back Thursday the 11th letting me know pickup now for Friday 9am would be good.

I received no calls Thursday 11th from sandra.

I now called this morning direct to the downtown ft. lauderdale location at 8am eastern as I could not call Sandra at corp. sales till 9am eastern. I eventually 8:40A.M. got Steve N. who said he has no email or record of any corp. car sales for that vehicle today and asked me if I had a reservation? He says he would never treat someone like this on a big ticket purchase and would follow the sale through with them.

I repeated my frustating experience to him and he said they are in oklahoma and he has received nothing from them but he said he would send an email to them.

I now call at 9am eastern the corp. hertz rent to buy and talk to Sabrina who says they sent the information to a Steven in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday but he never replied. I explained my frustration and Sabrina said she would call Steven at Ft. Lauderdale and she kept me on hold. After about 10 minutes she said he denied receiving the emails but she insists she sent them.

I now insisted that I have some follow-through from someone. Sabrina said she would have Sandra call me by 12noon today. Very frustrating as they are once again trying to locate the car. I said I want the car today…..Waiting…..Waiting….Frustrated….Frustrated…

Sandra just called back 10:05am eastern and said Steve and Steven are the same as far as she knows as the news sounds identical for my call and her call to the Ft. Lauderdale employee and she says she did send him the information on the 11th for pickup the 12th. She says she does not understand why they in Ft. Lauderdale....do not have the car ready for pickup but will call me back...

When I called Steve(Steven) before 9am today, he said he would never treat a car buyer like this and implied Oklahoma car sales should be following up better.

IMO one of the two groups needs to be reprimanded for not telling the truth ...Unknown as to which....Waiting....Waiting...Frustrated...Frustrated...

Good ending 10.12.12 as the car became available for pickup after sales supervisor sally made some more calls.

Sally & Sandy were nice and gave an incentive for my inconvience,time, & frustration.

Steve was nice & had the car detailed for pickup and the wheels were even cleaned (the fine tooth comb appeared today).

I was happy to be home with a car that I will probably purchase. (unfortunately only 1 keyfob was available but this was as described)

Brickhouse, Thanks for sharing your experience. the promo and coupon you used are awesome. I could not find them online. Would please share them with us. thanks for your time.

What ever you do NEVER take out additional insurance, or ANY Extras when renting to buy from Hertz. The have charged my account (then refunded) then charged (then refunded) for the past 5 weeks . The have no idea how this part of the service works. They just say it'll be refunded to you. this, for me has been a saga for 5 weeks. they have taken out bizarre sums ranging from $52.00 - to $900.00 They keep assuring me it will be refunded in 5 business days. Getting the car part was fine. Just DON'T RENT TO OWN!!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014