FedEx Smart Post & Kohls.com

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
FedEx SmartPost

Kohls.com is using FedEx SmartPost

I put my order in on Sunday Nov 1 .....the tracking system said it shipped on Wednesday Nov 4th & at 1st said my package would get here on Thursday November 12th.
8 days to get from Columbus ( Grove City ) Ohio.

Date/Time Activity Location Details
Nov 11,2009 11:30 AM Called Post Office , At 1st he said it was out on truck, but when prompted..said it was just being loaded on truck.
Most trucks go out by 8AM...I told him I would be up to pick it up or it would have been delivered on Nov 12,2009
Nov 10, 2009 6:04 PM No Tracking Information since last Night 2 hours drive from Charlotte to Chapel Hill/ Carrboro
Nov 9, 2009 10:42 PM Departed FedEx location CHARLOTTE, NC
Nov 9, 2009 3:54 PM Arrived at FedEx location CHARLOTTE, NC
Nov 9, 2009 3:24 AM Departed FedEx location ATLANTA, GA
Nov 9, 2009 12:34 AM Arrived at FedEx location ATLANTA, GA
Nov 6, 2009 1:54 AM Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Nov 5, 2009 3:13 PM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Nov 4, 2009 11:01 PM Departed FedEx location GROVE CITY, OH
Nov 4, 2009 5:19 PM Arrived at FedEx location GROVE CITY, OH
Nov 4, 2009 6:55 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

& Will Not Be Delivered until Friday to Chapel Hill, NC

Now they say the time will be extended yet another day... Friday, November 13th .....9 days

****I drove from Chapel Hill, NC to Columbus, OH in 8 hours this summer****...

Don't count on them for Christmas

that is yet another reason .... not to like Kohls.....

Does anyone have any similar experiences???? I had the same thing happen when I ordered from Sears.com

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Context: I live in a biggish town in the rust belt, an hour and a half away from the nearest airport.

I ordered 3 things from Kohls on Thursday Nov 5.

That day they were charging just 99 cents per item for shipping.

They shipped all 3 items separately. 2 by UPS, 1 by Fed Ex Smart Post.

1 item arrived by UPS on Monday, Nov 9.
1 item arrived by UPS on Tuesday, Nov 10.
1 item arrived by Fed Ex Smart Post on Thursday, Nov 12.
(Delivered to my town's post office on Tuesday Nov 10, delivered to me by the post office on Thursday, Nov 12 because Wednesday, Nov 11 was a holiday, and no post was delivered.)

Since I am an occasional Amazon marketplace seller, I know how expensive shipping supplies are and how expensive postage can be (even for "media mail" postage), and for 99 cents per item, I think that Kohl's did an excellent job with getting my order to me.

---
I placed an order with Sears.com on Thursday, November 5, of 3 items.

I received all 3 items in one box on Monday, November 9.

Yes, the Sears shipping cost was $6.95, which was kind of a lot, given that my order was under $50, but -- I was pleased with the outcome - a sturdy box, well-packed, containing my entire order, that arrived in 2 business days.

---
edited for clarity

It looks like yours went Regular Fedex & UPS ... Big Difference

not FEDEX SmartPost which is **3rd class*** Media Mail Does Better than this...
FEDEX delivers to the USPS
( Plain Old US Postal Service)...which delivers the package to your door.

Sorry I didn't specify, but the third item went by Fed Ex Smartpost, not plain Fed Ex. I edited my description above.

I still couldn't have been happier with the shipping.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014