• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I need a frig this black friday and I see from the leaked adds Sears looks best so far but do any fatwalleters have some insight on how to get the best deal for a frig. To bad that gov program cash for appliances will miss black friday by like 3 days or is there a way for me to work that as well. Ok all happy hunting

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

get better deals on last-ones, last year's model closeout, slightly dinged, delivery refused ones that are in the clearance aisle at lowes and Home Depot.
Also get deals like FWers at Sears Appliance outlets.

Buy now for the gov't program and Price Match on BF will likely net the best deal.

Sears, Best Buy, Lowes and Home Depot all do some kind of deal on appliances BF.

Check the price match policy first to see who has exceptions that may apply then.

Myself? I've got the 'cancelled order' at Home Depot with the 20% coupon in years past . . . for a $1500 fridge for around half price . . . that takes a lot of driving to find one you like . . . and then you have to be ready to pounce . . . and likely transport it yourself. Most will only deliver appliances from 'their' warehouse.

It also depends on what u are looking to get. Do you want bare bones or a top of the line french door fridge. You probably are going to find the doorbuster is a cheapy not the higher end ones unless like someone else said it's a year it two old model. If it's the old one you will be hard pressed to price match as it might be hard to find elsewhere.

Try BrandsmartUSA if there's any one of them around your place. I have recently bought a refrig well worth about $2700 at homedepot for about $2200. Their service and delivery is superb. The only problem is that they don't take any online orders.

brandsmartusa.com

I'm having a house built and just went through comparison shopping for refrigerator. Why don't new houses come with one? Never understood, since they come with all the other appliances. It's like printers not coming with a freakin USB cable.

My 3 stops: Sears, Home Depot and Lowes for the same GE Stainless steel model. Sears, as usual, was several hundred dollars more expensive for the same model, but claimed to price match. They also charged for delivery and we didn't get to warranty information. Home Depot had a decent price, but their "sale" wouldn't start until closer to Black Friday. Also, Home Depot doesn't actually stock the unit, GE Appliance Delivery actually has the unit, delivers and installs. Home Depot said they'd hold the unit for my closing date, but couldn't guarantee stock at the time... if they sold out, mine would be gone too and they'd refund my money, even though it was technically "on hold". I didn't get around to asking them about delivery either. Then I went to Lowes. They actually stock their units and will hold a unit for a long time... said they have been holding Military family purchases for 8+ months now. Their 10% off sale was already posted AND the department manager said that if a better sale comes along on Black Friday, I just need to bring my receipt in for the price difference. Delivery and installation was free, and he didn't try and push an extended warranty. He even wrote out a signed letter (as the dept manager) that guaranteed the 30 day price match if the Black Friday deal was better. So I got the best price, free delivery, free installation, and a 30 day price guarantee, in a clean store (can't say the same for Home Depot) from a guy who was actually glad to help (can't say the same for Home Depot). Hands down, Lowes kicked Home Depot and Sears' butts.

Ditto on Lowe's. I found the best price there on the fridge that I wanted, side by side whirlpool stainless.

I get consumer reports and they rated the Sears kenmore elite fridges very highly. Looks like Sears has the kenmore elites 25% off on black friday. Hopefully you can get another 5% off with using the Sears card. Does anyone know if this 25% off on the kenmore elites is available at Sears.com on Thursday, Thanksgiving day?

You can always find old Black Friday ads online.

Best Buy has the Samsung 25.8 Cu. Ft.bottom freezer French Door Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water for $1400. Any opinions. I think the price is decent but I don't know how reliable Samsung appliaces are. EDITsearch for item 9510004 on BB site.

My local bestbuy store will charge $30 for deliver, and deliver in 2-4 days after you order.

loucas said: Best Buy has the Samsung 25.8 Cu. Ft.bottom freezer French Door Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water for $1400. Any opinions. I think the price is decent but I don't know how reliable Samsung appliaces are. EDITsearch for item 9510004 on BB site.

Sears stuff is usually slightly more expensive but they frequently have 20% off sales. I just picked up the Kenmore Elite French Door Fridge on the VIP night for only about $1500, it's normally $2800. Item number 79753 if ur interested, it'll be going back on sale on BF for $1600. The VIP night had the same sale but an extra 10% off.

Don't forget to use the bing.com CashBack for an additional 8% off when ordering from Sears.com

Awsone replys thanks all, I'm still hunting. in regards to the bing Cash Back .... will the black friday deals be available online I thought it was in store only the one I want is a doorbuster and it is $899.

just wondering what model of ge refrigerator you got cause i'm also thinking of getting a new one this bf.
do you mind if i ask how much?

hi, can i ask what model and price you got the ge refrigerator?

xfeng said: My local bestbuy store will charge $30 for deliver, and deliver in 2-4 days after you order.

loucas said: Best Buy has the Samsung 25.8 Cu. Ft.bottom freezer French Door Refrigerator with Thru-the-Door Ice and Water for $1400. Any opinions. I think the price is decent but I don't know how reliable Samsung appliaces are. EDITsearch for item 9510004 on BB site.

This fridge is now $1700. Best Buy screwed up prices in their BF ad. I was gonna get this frigde since it was great deal but I'm just gonna buy the LG one that is $1400 this week only difference is no LED lights and 1 cu. ft. smaller but atleast now i dont have to deal with BB on friday.

Best Buy didn't screw up on the price of the Samsung French Door for $1399.....

it was planned to "Bait and Switch".....

The manager gave me a copy of her email from the corporate office, dated on November 20:

------------
" Black Friday Issues and Resolutions- Appliances

Samsung French Door Refrigerator

First Communicated Nov.20

On page 11 of the Black Friday ad, we advertise 40 percent off a Samsung 26.0 CU.Ft. LED French Door refrierator (SKU9510004) for $1399.99 after $1000 savings. The savings is no longer 40 percent and the correct price is $1699.99 after $700 savings. We will not be honoring the price that is in the ad. There will be a correction notice available for stores to print out, and teams are being advised to hold off on printing this notice until closer to Black Friday. "

------------

So they had 7 days to make a correction or change the ad and they chose not to.....Deliberate deceit of customers to be lured into their store.....

If interested in the email, please email me at chicagosteel@me.com

Best Buy didn't screw up on the price of the Samsung French Door for $1399.....

it was planned to "Bait and Switch".....

The manager gave me a copy of her email from the corporate office, dated on November 20:

------------
" Black Friday Issues and Resolutions- Appliances

Samsung French Door Refrigerator

First Communicated Nov.20

On page 11 of the Black Friday ad, we advertise 40 percent off a Samsung 26.0 CU.Ft. LED French Door refrierator (SKU9510004) for $1399.99 after $1000 savings. The savings is no longer 40 percent and the correct price is $1699.99 after $700 savings. We will not be honoring the price that is in the ad. There will be a correction notice available for stores to print out, and teams are being advised to hold off on printing this notice until closer to Black Friday. "

------------

So they had 7 days to make a correction or change the ad and they chose not to.....Deliberate deceit of customers to be lured into their store.....

If interested in the email, please email me at chicagosteel@me.com

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014