• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I really like WalMart on this part . you know what you pay before taking the prescription to the store .

Try medication finder on WalMart.com

http://medicationfinder.walmart.com/mapd/MedicationFinder.jsp

I have never seen a store like this . Riteaid , CVS , Walgreens rip you off .

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

not a hot deal per se, but a good find nonetheless. Green for you!

It's hard to figure out how we get charged for prescriptions.My insurance says 10/15/30 USD for copay so expensive drugs are the same wherever I go.Drugs around 15 usd, I pay something like 4-5 usd..I don't know how it is calculated.. For those who does not have insurance getting a free RX card is a must..Note: Not all cards get the same discounted price..

I got my pills cheaper at CVS with those free RX cards..

It may not make a difference now, but once your insurance decides not to pay for your drug one month, and you have to pay the whole amount yourself, you'll see how much cheaper WalMart is. That happened to me. My prescription was always $30 no matter where I went. Then one time the dr sent in another prescription even though it had not been quite a month since my last refill was done. The insurance company refused to pay for it because I did not wait an entire month. At RiteAid it would have cost me $100 but WalMart only charged me $50.

You can call any pharmacy and ask for the price of a med. It is not a secret. Pharmacies that sell more of a particular med, get it cheaper so their price is usually cheaper.

Find a private pharmacy in an area that has a lot of elderly and fixed income people and you will be surprised how cheap they are compared to some of the chain stores.

People don't understand that it can be cheaper to pay cash for the med. instead of processing it through the insurance. WalMart may sell it to you for $4 but charges your insurance $20. And then your insurance says your copay is $5 so you pay $1 more than if you didn't use the insurance.

Seniors should always pay cash for the $4 generics so that they don't count toward their total, and put them in their donut hole too soon.

Some pharmacies make you use your insurance if they have one on file for you, so use WalMart for the $4 generics and don't tell them you have insurance and use another pharmacy for your insurance meds.

It can be cheaper in the long run to pay $4 out of pocket for generics rather than pay a $1 copay with your insurance if it is going to count toward to your annual total and put you in your donut hole where you have to pay the whole thing.

WalMart is not the only game in town with $4 generics. Been using Target for a while now...

Does this only find prices for $4 drugs? When I put in a name drug, it says no generic found. I already knew that. Plus, I already knew that $4 drugs are ...ugh.... $4. What is the big deal here?

jwsmith8 said: Does this only find prices for $4 drugs? When I put in a name drug, it says no generic found. I already knew that. Plus, I already knew that $4 drugs are ...ugh.... $4. What is the big deal here?

Yes this happened to me as well. It will only show generics. I put in one drug and it showed "$9 for 17" as the price. So it appears not to be limited to $4 meds but rather to the generic meds.

I buy 4 of my family's prescriptions at Costco. I got an entire year, 360 pills, of 40 mg simvistatin (zocor) for around $25. That isn't even on the WM $4 list. And Sam's will PM Costco. All my doctors freak out when I tell them that a year supply from Costco is cheaper than copays or even $4 plans of many prescriptions.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014