kohls - corporate issue refund

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
any idea when we return an item without receipt to Kohls, they will give you a return receipt saying that corporate issue refund in 10 days or so as further processing required ? does anyone had similar experience? can u please share how that works ?
Thanks,

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I was given once and although I was told I would get a refund in a week. I did not. After 2 weeks I called and a refund was sent. Typical Kohls.

Kohl's software switches to corporate refund if amount of items without receipt exceeds $100.
After that their loss prevention dept jumps on the case and by default considers the returned merchandise stolen or otherwise fraudulent.
Wish we knew about it before turning all the junk we bought. Never received any refund. Do not even want to bother calling just to hear (others' experience) the scripted demands for receipt / place where it was purchased / who purchased it etc.

Corporate refund also kicks in if you return too many times individually (unsure if it goes by # of returns or the amount of the return). Also if the item is under $5. No idea why the under $5... Mind you this was like 6 months ago that part of the policy may have changed.

And of course stupid people who work there sometimes say that the person will be sent a refund which is wrong. What they should say is you will be contacted about the items.

In general i would not take the corporate refund because who knows what will happen.

Mind you for all the people complaining most stores won't take anything back without a receipt whereas Kohls will take back just about anything which is alot better than most places.

Oh and just FYI no manager or employee at the store can override corporate refund nor can they do anything about it so your stuck dealing with the people at the number on the receipt and they cannot do any overrides to try to get around the thing.

Also if you get a corporate refund once don't bother trying to return items there again without a receipt. Once you are in the corporate refund category anything you try to return will come up as corp refund.

thanks a lot for all your responses, they don't even return our items back if not corporate refund ?

No, they keep the stuff and they show you their corporate finger.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014