Which Stores Accept Returns Without Recipts?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Did a search and didn't see this posted so forgive me if it was.

Although I didn't receive anything I didn't want for Christmas, I know there are those of you who did. Every year it seems less stores will accept returns without a receipt

So, although I will get red, I thought there should be a thread on which stores will accept returns without a receipt. If you have success, returning something at a store without a receipt, let others know here.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, for groceries. I believe all stores would take their store-branded item(s) without a recei... (more)

mikejensen (Jan. 03, 2010 @ 10:45a) |

I took back a mouse that was on the shelf for $29.99. Target only gave me back $9.99 because I didnt have a receipt. S... (more)

Gyna78 (Jan. 04, 2010 @ 10:54a) |

You were most likely given the lowest sale price within the last 90 days.

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Jan. 04, 2010 @ 10:59a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

had some luck at OD, and wmt and sams and costco

target return without receipt

target supposedly loosened up its no receipt return- they will let you return items up to $70 w/o a receipt-

Frys....................

sams or costco
they have your history of purchase in file thus no receipt is ok

Sears ... I returned a food processor without receipt and original box.

Dillards..just returned a Polo shirt and bought a Perry Ellis pants for $12 more.

pianomaster said: Dillards..just returned a Polo shirt and bought a Perry Ellis pants for $12 more.

Did the Polo shirt have that special sticker on it which Dillard's puts on all purchases? I am real surprised if you returned the item without that sticker -- it's the sticker they require, no receipt..

But any stores that will take a no receipt return will require you to produce a valid driver's license and they use some clearing house to track abuses. So you can return a few things in a given year...

Nordstroms does returns without receipts and will even give you money back on your Visa or Mastercard if you want instead of store credit or store charge! A friend told me 2 days ago that Bed Bath & Beyond is the same way, but I'm not certain of that.

Staples generally accepts returns without a receipt for store credit. after a number of returns they "redflag" you though.

also, homedepot accepts returns without a receipt as well for store credit.

TJ Maxx will take returns that have an attached tag on them without a receipt and give store credit.

The last time I made such a return, the woman typed every single thing that was on my driver's licence into the computer - it took her 10 minutes and I thought she was going to need a blood sample or something (sheesh). To my knowledge, that's the first time they've taken my ID information.

psYcon said: Sears ... I returned a food processor without receipt and original box.

Sears is touch and go. Can depend on which one and who you get, too.

Kohl's is always great with returns w/o receipts. Otherwise Target and WalMart are good.

Yelp said: Which Stores Accept Returns Without Recipts?I think all stores accept returns without recipts.

Thisiswhaticanafford said: pianomaster said: Dillards..just returned a Polo shirt and bought a Perry Ellis pants for $12 more.

Did the Polo shirt have that special sticker on it which Dillard's puts on all purchases? I am real surprised if you returned the item without that sticker -- it's the sticker they require, no receipt..

I think Macys also does that, I bought a bunch of undies and they put stickers are every single pair (as if I would try to return undies...lol).

My local Target may have changed their policy - the other day I took something back, and the big sign behind the customer service desk said something about NO returns without a receipt.

The item I was returning was brand new, still sealed in hard plastic, a "Home" item that is Target's own brand, and still being sold there, so obviously it had come from Target.

I asked the lady at the counter if I was out of luck since I didn't have the receipt, and she said she might be able to help me if the item was a gift.

She didn't say anything about how 1 non-receipt exchange is allowed 2 or 4 times a year with presentation of your driver's licence (which, I think, used to be my local Target store's return policy).

I said it was an unwanted gift, so she exchanged a gift card for it (it was only $7 something).

I have a friend that works at Nordstrom and she told me that if the tag does not have a Nordstrom return tag on it they can not except it. Also she told me that if you purchased something on a gift card and returned it with the receipt they will return it and give you Cash Back.

wp746911 said: target return without receipt

target supposedly loosened up its no receipt return- they will let you return items up to $70 w/o a receipt-

that is $70 per year...they check your drivers license

NoMoneyInMyWallet said: Yelp said: Which Stores Accept Returns Without Recipts?I think all stores accept returns without recipts.

actually it's the opposite. try returning something at toys r us even if you have a receipt.

Not all stores accept returns without receipts.

toys r us used to accept, but no longer take items without a receipt. They can look up the item if you purchased it there with a credit card.
Babies R Us is now the same. Both stores no longer take items without receipts.

Worst Buy also does not on most occasions take back without receipt.

greatdeals_007 said: NoMoneyInMyWallet said: Yelp said: Which Stores Accept Returns Without Recipts?I think all stores accept returns without recipts. actually it's the opposite. try returning something at toys r us even if you have a receipt.Note that the title says Recipts, not Receipts.

I guess you missed the typo and the What's a recipt?? OK, I admit, not a funny reply.

Here is the best I did a few years ago.

I got an MP3 player worth about $75. I didn't want that type so I took it to Office Max where they were selling them for $99. They accepted it without a receipt and gave me a $99 store credit. I immediately used the store credit to buy a $150 (Office Max Price) MP3 player that was on sale for $99. I then took this $99 MP3 player to CompUSA, without the receipt, where they were selling it for $130. I returned it and got a store credit for $130. I then used this store credit to buy the $130 MP3 player that I wanted.

Yelp said: Here is the best I did a few years ago.

I got an MP3 player worth about $75. I didn't want that type so I took it to Office Max where they were selling them for $99. They accepted it without a receipt and gave me a $99 store credit. I immediately used the store credit to buy a $150 (Office Max Price) MP3 player that was on sale for $99. I then took this $99 MP3 player to CompUSA, without the receipt, where they were selling it for $130. I returned it and got a store credit for $130. I then used this store credit to buy the $130 MP3 player that I wanted.

Cool fraud story!! Way to go!!

Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, for groceries. I believe all stores would take their store-branded item(s) without a receipt.

I took back a mouse that was on the shelf for $29.99. Target only gave me back $9.99 because I didnt have a receipt. Seems like the stiff those without a reciept and give them back the wholesale price.

Gyna78 said: I took back a mouse that was on the shelf for $29.99. Target only gave me back $9.99 because I didnt have a receipt. Seems like the stiff those without a reciept and give them back the wholesale price.You were most likely given the lowest sale price within the last 90 days.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014