DIRECTV Deals for existing customers.

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
The NFL season pass thread is stale, so I figured I would start a new DirecTV thread.
I have been a DirecTv customer for about 10 years.

My bill has been creeping up on my service.

My bill is

$57.99 for total choice plus.
$10 for HD
$14.99 for HBO
$6 for DVR
$5 for additional receiver.

DIrectv has $26 a month off for new customers. I called 1-800-DIRECTV.
I said cancel on prompt.

I was transferred to a ANNE with an Indian accent.

The only things she would give me is
Starz / showtime for $3 months for free and free HD (saves $10 month).

I did ask for a free HD DVR. She was all set to send me one, but wanted to extend my service contract for two years.

I asked her if they would lock in my rates for two years. She said no. I told her why would I agree to a two year contract that they could raise rates? (DirecTv is raising rates about $3 a month per customer)
So, I am not getting the HD DVR upgrade.

The bottom line is I saved $120, but very unhappy I could not get the new customer deal.

I will keep an eye out for Dish Network deals this year and hope AT&T gets u-verse in my area.

Let me know what deals existing Directv customers can get.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Wish I could do the same, but Retention said 'no way'. I can only imagine what my bill would increase to in the 2nd yea... (more)

pvsurfer (Feb. 15, 2010 @ 1:29p) |

I have comcast , I pay 67.99 for high speed internet and some kind of digital package with the on demand feature.I am go... (more)

David71 (Mar. 02, 2010 @ 4:21p) |

The TV service industry is too competitive for DirecTV to constantly increase rates on existing customers while new cust... (more)

cllamont (May. 16, 2010 @ 8:21p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

I'm in the same boat. Also paying $57.99 for Total Choice Plus. And I've been a customer for 14+ consecutive years. The only reason I've stayed that long is because of the "special treatment." But I had to work for it. Every six months or so I would call "retention" and complain about better deals available elsewhere (which was almost always a lie). And they would cheerfully give me something free for six months. Usually free HBO, or Starz/Encore, or recently Showtime/TMW, Sundance and a couple of other movie channels. In six months I'd start the cycle again.

But that ended a couple of years ago. They now turn me down flat, and once accused me of stealing service because I was knowingly taking advantage of DirecTV by accepting special treatment. Seriously; I kid you not. One of the CSRs flat out called me a thief. I went semi-ballistic and asked for a supervisor, who apologized, but also wouldn't budge on anything free.

So now, for the first time in many years I'm seriously considering switching to cable or Dish. In my neck of the woods, Time Warner offers a very good digital package, with a one or two year price guarantee. However, my brother has cable, and I am not impressed at all with the sluggishness of his receiver, and the overall crude menu system.

I'm not sure DirecTV's HD is worth the premium, but it's time for me to switch from SD to HD. I'm thinking of contacting DirecTV one last time, perhaps tonight, and turning up the heat a little. I'll report back with any freebies they may offer me.

I had the same problem, always giving the good deals to the new customers. I called and spoke with the retention Dept and they gave me a 6 mt pkg discount of 20.00 dol.and a discount of 10.00 for a 12 mt programming credit, HD credit-10.00. a 5.00 discount for a receiver. I also got all movie channels for 6 mts free. My bill was 110.99, know i pay 65.99. I told them that I was tired of seeing all these good deals for new customers, what are you going to do to keep ur old customers that have been with you for a while.

i know they are raising fees next month, so anyone can end their contract early i'd guess.
i'd love a good deal once the superfan deal runs out..

dandus said: I had the same problem, always giving the good deals to the new customers. I called and spoke with the retention Dept and they gave me a 6 mt pkg discount of 20.00 dol.and a discount of 10.00 for a 12 mt programming credit, HD credit-10.00. a 5.00 discount for a receiver. I also got all movie channels for 6 mts free. My bill was 110.99, know i pay 65.99. I told them that I was tired of seeing all these good deals for new customers, what are you going to do to keep ur old customers that have been with you for a while.

Any secret as to how you got this. I selected cancel at the voice prompt. What number did you call to get retention?

it works better if you are not on a contract. There's no longer a direct number to retention. You must call and threaten to cancel.

Typically a $10 credit for 12 months is the easiest thing. Also 3 months Showtime for free...

dag16 said: i know they are raising fees next month, so anyone can end their contract early i'd guess.
i'd love a good deal once the superfan deal runs out..


Nope. You can't end the contract even if they raise their fees. It's been stated on the contract for several years now that they can raise their monthly fees and change programming at any time...

rsuaver said: it works better if you are not on a contract. There's no longer a direct number to retention. You must call and threaten to cancel.

Typically a $10 credit for 12 months is the easiest thing. Also 3 months Showtime for free...


Funny how they throw you a bone such as three months of 'Showtime' free,when that package is as useless as tits on a boar hog. Same stale old shows,over and over again.

WarWoman said: rsuaver said: it works better if you are not on a contract. There's no longer a direct number to retention. You must call and threaten to cancel.

Typically a $10 credit for 12 months is the easiest thing. Also 3 months Showtime for free...


Funny how they throw you a bone such as three months of 'Showtime' free,when that package is as useless as tits on a boar hog. Same stale old shows,over and over again.


Well, I think that you hit on the point of showtime, tits..

all seriousness though, Weeds, Californication, and Dexter are great.

I called the # on my bill and spoke with a rep and she said that I could only get a 10.00 credit for the next 3 months. I explained to her that I am looking at a flyer that comes in the mail every Wed and the new customers were getting better deals than the older customers. I asked to be transfered to the retention dept.That is where I got my deal. I also do not have a contract. Month to month. That is they only way to go.

I just called DirecTv, didn't save any money but the CSR was really nice-she gave me my local channels and allowed me to keep my East/West feed. In the past, it was always "if you get rid of the E/W feed ($14/mo), you can't have your locals". She added them on with no problem when I told her I was canceling since AT&T U-verse will give me locals. I didn't get the $10 HD access credit when I asked for it, she said because "You have a promo on the NFL package and it won't let me give you another credit, but once that is gone you can call back.." She was really nice and I am happy, even though I didn't save any money. She offered 2 for 1 on the movie channels, no thanks.

Just wanted to add that today I called because there is a sports channel(696) that I wanted. The Sports Pack is normally $12.99, they offered it to me for half off, I asked if I could get a promo rate and she said yes, for three months it will be free! Which should get me through most of the basketball season. (I'm canceling Comcast and I will lose the Comcast SportsNet channel that shows my regional NBA games). Happy again!

I have been with Directv for over 5 years but was interested in switching to Dish with the deal they have going on. I called retentions yesterday and was offered $10 off my bill for the next 2 months and the Sports Pack for $7.99 a month. I asked about new receivers, as our DVRs are showing some signs of getting worn out. He offered to let me buy them at a reduced price, I think the cheapest one was like $50. I ended up calling Dish and scheduling an installation date. Even after I start paying the regular price, it is still less than Directv for the package that we have and the comparable package with Dish. The guy with retentions at Directv did give me a number to call back to let them know when I want my service disconnected. It is 888-355-7530.

Just called DirecTv tonight. Currently I have the old Total Choice Monthly package, DVR Service and 2 leased receivers. Spoke with a nice gentleman who initially offered me $10/mo off for 6 mos. We chatted some more about some of the competition (Dish Network and Comcast) and I hemmed and hawed. He offered me another $6/mo off for 6 mos (basically free DVR). No contract extension. He said that since I was coming off of the NFL Sunday Ticket discount, that he couldn't give me more. I went with that for now. Will keep an eye out for any future deals.

I just called Dec. 29, told directv i was shopping around for the best deal & was thinking about switching.I mentioned everything listed on dish network promo ad, I received $30 credit a month, free starz/showtime for 3 months , $100 one time credit, $150 credit towards new hd dvr($200), free installation of new dvr. I had to renew contaract for 2 years. I think the trick is to bring up the competitors promos.

I had posted in the other DirecTV thread, but I called recently as I was coming off superfan promo, and was offered $20 off/month Choice Extra HD DVR for a year, HBO and Showtime for $21/month. So, total for 2 receivers comes to $77/month for Choice Extra HD+ DVR, HBO, and Showtime.
I'm happy.

I just got raised to $65.99/month total & my contract is up in November. I was getting some discounts but the only one left now is the AAA Motor Club Discount which is $10/month. This is why I got directtv b/c they offered $10 off the package and it was cheaper than cable. So you might try to call and ask for the AAA discount if you are a member or see if they offer any other discounts for credit unions, auto clubs, etc. U-verse is now available in my area and there is DISH. My sister had DISH and she called them to see what kind of a deal she could get to stay and they offered her free programing, which she told them was not going to keep her. She went with DirecTv too. Her bill evidently went up too and she called and got some discount but I don't know what it is right now. I will find out and post.

dandus said: I called the # on my bill and spoke with a rep and she said that I could only get a 10.00 credit for the next 3 months. I explained to her that I am looking at a flyer that comes in the mail every Wed and the new customers were getting better deals than the older customers. I asked to be transfered to the retention dept.That is where I got my deal. I also do not have a contract. Month to month. That is they only way to go.
Are you very sure you are month-to-month? I've been talking with DTV Retention reps and the only way they will give me a similar deal (to the deal you got) is if I re-commit for another 2 years!!!

pvsurfer said: dandus said: I called the # on my bill and spoke with a rep and she said that I could only get a 10.00 credit for the next 3 months. I explained to her that I am looking at a flyer that comes in the mail every Wed and the new customers were getting better deals than the older customers. I asked to be transfered to the retention dept.That is where I got my deal. I also do not have a contract. Month to month. That is they only way to go.
Are you very sure you are month-to-month? I've been talking with DTV Retention reps and the only way they will give me a similar deal (to the deal you got) is if I re-commit for another 2 years!!!


I'm month to month and didn't have to recommit to get my deal..

[edit]: actually, I just remembered I'm currently under contract, but only for another month. The CSR said I should call back once my contract expires to get even better deals then.

dag16 said: pvsurfer said: dandus said: I called the # on my bill and spoke with a rep and she said that I could only get a 10.00 credit for the next 3 months. I explained to her that I am looking at a flyer that comes in the mail every Wed and the new customers were getting better deals than the older customers. I asked to be transfered to the retention dept.That is where I got my deal. I also do not have a contract. Month to month. That is they only way to go.
Are you very sure you are month-to-month? I've been talking with DTV Retention reps and the only way they will give me a similar deal (to the deal you got) is if I re-commit for another 2 years!!!


I'm month to month and didn't have to recommit to get my deal..

[edit]: actually, I just remembered I'm currently under contract, but only for another month. The CSR said I should call back once my contract expires to get even better deals then.

Wish I could do the same, but Retention said 'no way'. I can only imagine what my bill would increase to in the 2nd year! I'm a subscriber for the past 12 years and I'm tired of playing games with them every other year... Verizon FiOS is offering me a sweet package deal (phone-internet-TV). Anyone have anything they want to share about FiOS?

I have comcast , I pay 67.99 for high speed internet and some kind of digital package with the on demand feature.I am going to miss the NFL sunday ticket for the first time since 2000 , but directv wants new customers so they can rip em off on the cancellation fee.+ every directv customer that doesn't have the NFL package got week 1 free.And a sweet deal if they ordered the package , what did I get for 9 years of 270.00 or so a season? yep you guessed it nothing. www.directvscams.com

The TV service industry is too competitive for DirecTV to constantly increase rates on existing customers while new customters get ridiculous deals. Old customers have to call and threaten to cancel just to get what they should get. I am giving up on NFL Sunday Ticket and going to Fios.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014