• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
My wife bought a Blu-Ray for her dad for Christmas. He already had one, so the present was opened, but the box was not.

Their site only shows return for online items and does not talk about needing a receipt.

http://www.costco.com/Service/FeaturePageLeftNav.aspx?ProductNo=...

My thought would be that since I bought it with my membership card, they should have a record of it.

Can I return it without the receipt?

Thanks

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

chocula said: My wife bought a Blu-Ray for her dad for Christmas. He already had one, so the present was opened, but the box was not.

Their site only shows return for online items and does not talk about needing a receipt.

http://www.costco.com/Service/FeaturePageLeftNav.aspx?ProductNo=...

My thought would be that since I bought it with my membership card, they should have a record of it.

Can I return it without the receipt?

Thanks


In my experience, they can look up the purchase in their computers.

I agree. Even if the purchase was made online they can track it through your membership #. Just be sure to have your card with you and to tell them it was an online purchase (won't hurt to have the package invoice or email purchase confirmation with you though... or at least the order confirmation # which you can look up on your online Costco account).

I agree. I had to return something yesterday (no receipt and no box) and it was piece of cake. They pulled my purchase from my membership and handed me store credit (Costco cash card). If you have order confirmation, they might credit your CC. Costco return policy is one of the best. Good luck!

No receipt needed for non-electronics for refund to a costco cash card. For electronics, there are time limits and a receipt/email/member number will suffice. They are super nice and flexible at my costco's return counter. Good luck.

Costco has the best return policy of any store I've ever shopped at. Their policy is almost too generous. People used to bring back 4 year old TVs for full refunds. I've seen fans on the return shelf full of dust and even half even giant cans of tomato sauce. It's ridiculous what they will accept.

Thanks everyone.

I wanted to give an update as well.

The item was bought in teh store, not online.

We took it back, they looked it up with our membership card and gave us a cash refund.

No problem at all.

chocula said: Thanks everyone.

I wanted to give an update as well.

The item was bought in teh store, not online.

We took it back, they looked it up with our membership card and gave us a cash refund.

No problem at all.


I love Costco. *Sigh*

Thanks for coming back and giving an update. I always appreciate it when folks who create a post asking for help do that.

You can thank us in Seattle for having Costco (also based here) emulate Nordstrom's return policy. 10 years ago I purchased a 60 inch projection tv and after a year it started having problems. I called Philips and they asked where I bought it. Rather than fixing it, they suggested returning it to Costco. I did... without a receipt and this was before they could look up purchases. Not only did they take it back, they looked up the price based on when I said I bought it and refunded my money for several hundred more than it was currently listed for. Amazing...

few months back i changed my apartment and my pura tap water filter not suiting to my new apartment's tap. though i used it for almost a year and don't have receipt, i returned it (without most of the stuffs that came with it) and they pulled up my transaction and refunded back... i love their customer service

guif said: You can thank us in Seattle for having Costco (also based here) emulate Nordstrom's return policy. 10 years ago I purchased a 60 inch projection tv and after a year it started having problems. I called Philips and they asked where I bought it. Rather than fixing it, they suggested returning it to Costco. I did... without a receipt and this was before they could look up purchases. Not only did they take it back, they looked up the price based on when I said I bought it and refunded my money for several hundred more than it was currently listed for. Amazing...And you can curse EVERYONE who abused the TV return policy (1+ years returns) and now Costco has a 90 day policy on TVs and some stores won't take it back if it wasn't bought there.

Yes. If you bought at Costco, it will show under the members purchases. As long as the return is within the electronic return time frame, you should not have any problems.

jayaramu said: few months back i changed my apartment and my pura tap water filter not suiting to my new apartment's tap. though i used it for almost a year and don't have receipt, i returned it (without most of the stuffs that came with it) and they pulled up my transaction and refunded back... i love their customer service

Don't you think that was excessive? You don't think you took advantage of their return policy?

advocatus said: jayaramu said: few months back i changed my apartment and my pura tap water filter not suiting to my new apartment's tap. though i used it for almost a year and don't have receipt, i returned it (without most of the stuffs that came with it) and they pulled up my transaction and refunded back... i love their customer service

Don't you think that was excessive? You don't think you took advantage of their return policy?
How do you take advantage of what they normally allow.
Though I do believe 'returning it without most of the stuffs' was a bit excessive.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014