• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Is there any advantage or disadvantage, costwise or other, to buying an iPhone at a particular location? I think the price is set by Apple, but I know with ipod touch's at least, stores sometimes give away $15 gift cards or the like with purchase. So anywhere good to buy one?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

http://wireless.att.com you might be able to use bing to get some CashBack, you might have to check if the iphone qualifies as i have heard that it dosent anymore but last june when the 3GS came out I got 35% CashBack from ATT for the 32GB almost $105.. so that might be the way to go.
My 2 cents.

Treefarn said: Is there any advantage or disadvantage, costwise or other, to buying an iPhone at a particular location? I think the price is set by Apple, but I know with ipod touch's at least, stores sometimes give away $15 gift cards or the like with purchase. So anywhere good to buy one?

Doesn't matter. No matter where you get it, it is still only serviced by Apple at an Apple Store or via Mail.

Thanks for the replies. My assumption then is that the only real difference is in the quality of the CSR. I would assume someone in an Apple or AT&T store would be the most efficient and knowledgeable, followed by Best Buy, followed by WalMart.

I bought an Iphone through an ATT store. It was an upgrade. I think this would be the cheapest way to go. WalMart uses a company called Let's Talk to sell cell phones. While you can get some pretty good deals on the phones themselves, they do have a lot of hoops you need to jump through (i.e. you can't change your rate plan up or down for six months. ) if you do they'll charge like some outrageous fee like $250.00. I have not dealt directly with an Apple Store.

Using AT&T online store you can get reburbished IPhones for $50-100 off - They appear to be brand new phones in a plain white box.The warranty is shorter but you can still get the same priced extended warranty. The often have deals that waive shipping and at least a portion of the activation fee. Delivery is in less than 3 days via FEDEX. Refurb 3GS 16GB were $49.95 on Cyber Monday.

Turns out there is one difference I found.
My wife's employer (like many employers) has a % discount off the monthly phone and data plans. Apple and Best Buy cannot do these on the spot, however you can always call AT&T later to have the discount applied.

However, her employer also had no activation fee, which when I went to Apple, they couldn't honor, but when I walked from there the 200 yards to the AT&T store, they were able to verify the no activation fee.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014