• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I read on here the other day that one of the smaller cellular companies also use the Verizon Networks Towers. Can you someone please let me know which one it was again? Thank you so much.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

stovetop24 said: I read on here the other day that one of the smaller cellular companies also use the Verizon Networks Towers. Can you someone please let me know which one it was again? Thank you so much.Page Plus

Straightalk

Mingo Wireless

I always heard that Sprint used Verizon towers in areas where they don't have good coverage. Does anyone know if that is true?

BlueEr03 said: I always heard that Sprint used Verizon towers in areas where they don't have good coverage. Does anyone know if that is true?
yes that is 100% true

ls6camaro said: BlueEr03 said: I always heard that Sprint used Verizon towers in areas where they don't have good coverage. Does anyone know if that is true?
yes that is 100% true

And vice-versa. If you ever been somewhere where you can see a cell phone tower have low signal, then your carrier does not have transceivers on that tower. It is trying to connect to one miles away. If the signal drops out, it will connect to the nearby tower and use the other carrier's signal.

Many carriers share the same towers, but put their own equipment on them. Some municipalities and zoning restrictions push the carriers toward sharing towers to eliminate towers on every corner.

Is your actual question, "What smaller carriers resell the verizon cellular network?"

PAGE PLUS WIRELESS, THEY HAVE WEB SITE

Monthly Plan 39.95 monthly . no contract.

Unlimited Talk n Text + 20MB OF Data

unlimited calling and text messaging plan for one low monthly price.
Unlimited Talk n Text
Talk and text all you want for only $39.95 a month! get 20 MB of data to use each month for things like e-mailing and surfing the web.
Unlimited Talk n Text has no hidden fees, and once you’re on the plan you can replenish your account and even set up automatic monthly refills
You can also bring (“port”) your existing phone numbers with you to the new service from other plans or from landlines.
with the reliability and coverage or our nationwide network! Verizon towers network

http://www.pagepluswireless.com

skibum43 said: Many carriers share the same towers, but put their own equipment on them. Some municipalities and zoning restrictions push the carriers toward sharing towers to eliminate towers on every corner.

Is your actual question, "What smaller carriers resell the verizon cellular network?"
Exactly my reaction to reading the OPs post. In fact, I don't believe Verizon owns any (or many) towers at all. Independent tower operators own them, and lease space to multiple wireless network based carriers

OPs question is more properly asked as "What MVNO's (Mobile Virtual Network Operators) operate on the Verizon wireless network?"

depends on the Area, in So Cal, they own quite a few towers, in fact I work across the screen from a 'Verizon Exclusive' tower.

US Cellular... great company! Love the customer service and reception is great. too bad they don't treat their employees as well as they treat their customers.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014