• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Newegg
See Newegg coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Toshiba Satellite L515-S4008 NoteBook Intel Pentium T4400(2.20GHz) 14" 3GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel GMA 4500M
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Ugh. +$30 tax for me.

Good deal on a good quality laptop.

Intel GMA is really bad. All I need is to pull an extra display, and it won't do it on my Lenovo.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-4500MHD-GMA-X4500MHD.9883.0.html

These are/were on clearance at OD too.

Note the battery specs:
Battery 3700mAh (6 cell) Lithium Ion battery pack
Battery Life 2.33 hours

It's an unusually low capacity 6 cell which is why I didn't bother looking at it. 2 hours isn't very long - my overlocked 15.6" Celeron MSI lasts 3-3.5 hours on its 6 cell batt.

I was interested in this, I like Toshiba. I noticed the low battery life fiqure on OD site, but a only 3700mAh explains it better...I am wonder if there is bigger battery will fit this. Does anyone know OE Toshiba battery # for this?

I am wonder how they think puny battery helps sell their product? Now is clearanced big time...? While all time competitor (Acer especially) sells right and left many, part cos of battery life that this Toshiba could equal if strong battery. Appears some wrong thinking.....

foche911 said: I am wonder how they think puny battery helps sell their product? Now is clearanced big time...? While all time competitor (Acer especially) sells right and left many, part cos of battery life that this Toshiba could equal if strong battery. Appears some wrong thinking.....

....say it again Pinky........

No need again...it is logic first time

agree!!........but say it AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........it sound so sweet and the logic intensify with each timelogic come again, part cos of life universe and part cos equal force expansion base is taken from quantify space continuimax edit need

All your base are belong to us

Cam?
Bluetooth?
Built in TV tuner?
HDMI?
Free Lunch?

logic not first time, but logic big time cos dats da way it is foo!

foche911 said: No need again...it is logic first time

........... UGH...........
where to start....
I just bought 2 from Newegg and the two had problems...

Laptop1: Dead pixels - New egg wont RMA it since it does not have 8!!! so if you have say... 6 scattered everywhere - too bad

Laptop2: Dim backlight - The default Toshiba blue windows 7 background is yellowish

Called Newegg and they said they cannot RMA it or let me return it because it doesnt meet their return requirements of 8 dead pixels... Called Toshiba and the first support rep told me on a new laptop dead pixels are natural, immediately hanged up on him... called again and a rep said 5 pixels for return...... utterly dissapointed

MsnAdmin said: ........... UGH...........
where to start....

Laptop1: Dead pixels - New egg wont RMA it since it does not have 8!!! so if you have say... 6 scattered everywhere - too bad

Laptop2: Dim backlight - The default Toshiba blue windows 7 background is yellowish

Called Newegg and they said they cannot RMA it or let me return it because it doesnt meet their return requirements of 8 dead pixels... Called Toshiba and the first support rep told me on a new laptop dead pixels are natural, immediately hanged up on him... called again and a rep said 5 pixels for return...... utterly dissapointed

I was actually going to buy this for one of my kids......thanks for the heads-up!!

MsnAdmin said: ........... UGH...........
where to start....

that does not seem right, I would of thought the laptop has a fault and regardless of how minor it is, it should be replaced at the very minimum.

I thought so too on a new laptop, but Newegg and Toshiba has a pixel count policy in place. If you open up this product and goto returns on the left hand side it will say 8 dead pixels

I guess stay away from Newegg then. I would just get at costco or anywhere with a liberal return policy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014