• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
dks123 said: Xam said: How does the OD "worklife rewards" work? Same as Staples 'store credit check'? Everyone eligible? Required mailing in?

TIA,

dks123 said:
BTW,
Office Depot has same deal going on with Energizer this week. Limit is 2 8 packs per day (Some ODs have 8+2 bonus packs eligible for this deal). Next week they have Energizer Re-chargeable (4 pack) free after worklife rewards. (limit will be 2 packs per day). Between these two, yo can accumulate 100s of batteries for cost of sales tax. Of course you have to hope foe FAR deals when reward checks come back to cash them out

Yes. Worklife rewards are similar to Staples rewards. Check details here. worklife rewards
One good thing about OD reward is you get an OD gift card so you don't have to spend all reward amount in one go. With Staples you have to do that.

RE:
With Staples you have to do that.

You give your check at Staples and anything left over is given back as a coupon.

Again an OD fiasco is mentioned, I see or heard of no such a thing.

yesidonoitall said: Again an OD fiasco is mentioned, I see or heard of no such a thing.Put on your glasses and hearing aids.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said: yesidonoitall said: Again an OD fiasco is mentioned, I see or heard of no such a thing.Put on your glasses and hearing aids.

Huh?
It is being spoken of but not posted.
I asked at OD of there is a problem and they said no, all is as advertised.

yesidonoitall said: Again an OD fiasco is mentioned, I see or heard of no such a thing.

Well, there was a confusion on what is the limit of items you can buy per day. Their print ad said limit 2 per item per day. their website said total of 2 items across all eligible products. It eventually got cleared up and limit was confirmed to be 2 per each eligible item. See the OD thread.

dks123 said: yesidonoitall said: Again an OD fiasco is mentioned, I see or heard of no such a thing.

Well, there was a confusion on what is the limit of items you can buy per day. Their print ad said limit 2 per item per day. their website said total of 2 items across all eligible products. It eventually got cleared up and limit was confirmed to be 2 per each eligible item. See the OD thread.

OK, thank you.
I was aware of that but when fiasco was said, you think of really something new and bad, when the specifics are not said.

OP,
I think you got the $89.99 HP Officejet model number wrong. According to the posted ad, it is the HP Officejet J4680, Not the J6480. There is a huge difference in prices between the two. Correct me if I am wrong, anyone?

It's the J4680. HP stopped selling the J6480 last year.

I bought these in December and never got the rewards. I called and they said they mailed it but would resend it.
Still never got it. I don't know what else to do! They are so frustrating.

patricia43m said: I bought these in December and never got the rewards. I called and they said they mailed it but would resend it.
Keep calling. I was shorted $24 in Rewards from the binders deal. I called and they told me to allow 3 weeks. I didn't call until a month later (partly because I misplaced the check I DID receive and wanted to see if I could find it). They told me I should have called back sooner because I should have received it within 2 weeks). They reshipped it and reissued the misplaced check. I got them in a week. Sadly, while the $24 check arrived on Saturday, the main check did not arrive until Monday, and I missed buying Peachtree last week (I actually thought it was going to be FAR this week because the rebate is still valid, but it's not). Also, the $24 check only has a 2 month expiration date (it should be longer since I am Premier). I will probably use it to buy batteries and paper and that way at least I extend the life of the Rewards check and get 6 months the next time (and I don't have to call to complain about the short expiration date).

yesidonoitall said: You give your check at Staples and anything left over is given back as a coupon.Yes, but you can only do that once (i.e., you have to spend it all in 2 transactions). With OD you spend it in as many pieces as you want.

On the other hand, when you spend Staples Rewards they are tax free. When you spend OD rewards, it's like using a gift card. And they take a LONG time to show up.

Ivanist said: ZenNUTS said: What happens if you use a reward check to buy these?
You'll get the reward check, just make sure you pay at least a partial amount with cash or cc. Some people reported not getting a reward check if you pay the whole transaction with another reward check.
So I guess the one solution to this if you have a rewards check > purchase price is to tell the cashier you want to charge $1 on your credit card, then give the coupon to scan. But I wonder if this will work since my experience is that the register will no longer take a coupon once you're in the payment "phase". Anyone tried this?

Or if necessary overbuy so you get over the value of the coupon, then return the extra stuff. That is probably safer.

patricia43m said: I bought these in December and never got the rewards. I called and they said they mailed it but would resend it.

I bought one package when they first offered this deal, and I never got a rewards check either.

VirtuaL said: patricia43m said: I bought these in December and never got the rewards. I called and they said they mailed it but would resend it.

I bought one package when they first offered this deal, and I never got a rewards check either.

I would take all info to your store manager, let him decide how he/Staples will take care of it.

billrubin said: Ivanist said: ZenNUTS said: What happens if you use a reward check to buy these?
You'll get the reward check, just make sure you pay at least a partial amount with cash or cc. Some people reported not getting a reward check if you pay the whole transaction with another reward check.
So I guess the one solution to this if you have a rewards check > purchase price is to tell the cashier you want to charge $1 on your credit card, then give the coupon to scan. But I wonder if this will work since my experience is that the register will no longer take a coupon once you're in the payment "phase". Anyone tried this?

Or if necessary overbuy so you get over the value of the coupon, then return the extra stuff. That is probably safer.

What happens when you return items purchased with a rewards check? Do they do a pro-rated refund like when a coupon was used?

And was it ever confirmed that those who paid for "free after rewards" items in full with rewards check didn't get the rewards? AFAIK, it was just that it showed up online with a net purchase amount of $0, and that freaked some people out.

poohbie said: What happens when you return items purchased with a rewards check? Do they do a pro-rated refund like when a coupon was used?
That's a very good question. I was under the (possibly mistaken) impression that like with most stores you'd first get back whatever cash you paid, then the store credit. But you're right, since this is a coupon it may work differently.
And was it ever confirmed that those who paid for "free after rewards" items in full with rewards check didn't get the rewards? AFAIK, it was just that it showed up online with a net purchase amount of $0, and that freaked some people out. I thought the problem was that because the net purchase amount was zero, it didn't show up in their system at all.

It would be nice if we found out that they fixed their system and these free after rewards items will now show up immediately as rewards eligible on the SR website so it is clear that you've earned the rewards, rather than having to wait for the Rewards check to show up (or not to) before you realize that something is broken. I guess we'll find out soon. I'm not expecting that they did.

For the in-store $50 HP printer trade-in, how does that appear on the receipt? Is the serial number of the new printer recorded?

We have two broken printers and would like to see if one can be used for the Staples $50 trade-in and the other one for the HP $75 trade-in. Thanks.

c3 said: For the in-store $50 HP printer trade-in, how does that appear on the receipt? Is the serial number of the new printer recorded?

We have two broken printers and would like to see if one can be used for the Staples $50 trade-in and the other one for the HP $75 trade-in. Thanks.

Serial numbers are not recorded.

billrubin said: poohbie said: What happens when you return items purchased with a rewards check? Do they do a pro-rated refund like when a coupon was used?
That's a very good question. I was under the (possibly mistaken) impression that like with most stores you'd first get back whatever cash you paid, then the store credit. But you're right, since this is a coupon it may work differently.
And was it ever confirmed that those who paid for "free after rewards" items in full with rewards check didn't get the rewards? AFAIK, it was just that it showed up online with a net purchase amount of $0, and that freaked some people out. I thought the problem was that because the net purchase amount was zero, it didn't show up in their system at all.

It would be nice if we found out that they fixed their system and these free after rewards items will now show up immediately as rewards eligible on the SR website so it is clear that you've earned the rewards, rather than having to wait for the Rewards check to show up (or not to) before you realize that something is broken. I guess we'll find out soon. I'm not expecting that they did.

My experience with returning items purchased with a reward check was that we actually lost that part of the reward check. The logical thing would be, to get them back in another coupon issued at the store with the original expiration date. But, unfortunately, when I did it at the beginning of this year, I only got back the cash/credit card portion of it back. (Bought something during BF '09, tried to return it since I won't need it.) The manager even showed me the screen where it showed refund amount = the payment I made, but without the reward check portion of it. Not sure if that's the way Staples does things now, or what. But that's my experience. Hopefully that clarifies the reward check return issue for someone.

I haven't received my reward check for the previous purchase yet, did everyone already get that?

billrubin said: It would be nice if we found out that they fixed their system and these free after rewards items will now show up immediately as rewards eligible on the SR website so it is clear that you've earned the rewards, rather than having to wait for the Rewards check to show up (or not to) before you realize that something is broken. I guess we'll find out soon. I'm not expecting that they did.During the last battery go-round, I bought them with all-cash, partial-cash, and no-cash. I had no problems with the rewards, except for the (all-cash) November purchase, which was encountered by many.

lazybummm said: I haven't received my reward check for the previous purchase yet, did everyone already get that?

lazybum..........

myempire said: billrubin said: poohbie said: What happens when you return items purchased with a rewards check? Do they do a pro-rated refund like when a coupon was used?

My experience with returning items purchased with a reward check was that we actually lost that part of the reward check. The logical thing would be, to get them back in another coupon issued at the store with the original expiration date. But, unfortunately, when I did it at the beginning of this year, I only got back the cash/credit card portion of it back. (Bought something during BF '09, tried to return it since I won't need it.) The manager even showed me the screen where it showed refund amount = the payment I made, but without the reward check portion of it. Not sure if that's the way Staples does things now, or what. But that's my experience. Hopefully that clarifies the reward check return issue for someone.

Last time when I used Staples reward, I was able to return and get back full amount back as another Staples reward.

New one prints directly from receipt printer.

Also, if you use only portion of rewards, you get the rest in the same way.

Snoballego said: This looks like the deal that I'll go with...

2 x 122408 (HammerMill Copy Plus Paper) = $12.98 (-$10.98 Easy Rebates)
1 x 819274 (Norton Antivirus 2010 1-PC) = $39.99 (-$30.00 Easy Rebate)

$20 off $50 Coupon = $.99

$32.97 + Sales Tax + .$99 (Coupon Cost) = $40.98 in Rebates

I was able to get $15 on Fleabay for this Norton Antivirus product two weeks ago.

Where do you get the $20 off $50 for $.99?

I did get 60+ in rewards for the batteries I bought last time around..

got 2 $20 off 50 cards from Staples directly.. will put them to good use
dukerau said: Snoballego said: This looks like the deal that I'll go with...

2 x 122408 (HammerMill Copy Plus Paper) = $12.98 (-$10.98 Easy Rebates)
1 x 819274 (Norton Antivirus 2010 1-PC) = $39.99 (-$30.00 Easy Rebate)

$20 off $50 Coupon = $.99

$32.97 + Sales Tax + .$99 (Coupon Cost) = $40.98 in Rebates

I was able to get $15 on Fleabay for this Norton Antivirus product two weeks ago.

Where do you get the $20 off $50 for $.99?

the upcoming ad is up online now...

The paper prices have been jacked up quite a bit. A case of paper which used to be less that $25.00 minus rebates is now $45. so you arr actually paying over $20.00 once the smoke clears. If you buy by the ream you can get about 7 reams for $15.00, oncluding the cheap Hammarhill, no bargin either.

What should I do to get the free battery? Just buy two packs of batteries and then the checks will be sent to me? Anything I need to do?

wabjtam said: What should I do to get the free battery? Just buy two packs of batteries and then the checks will be sent to me? Anything I need to do?Are you a Staples Rewards member? You need to be a Staples Rewards member to participate in this offer. Sign up online http://www.staplesrewardscenter.com/ or in-store.

Then buy the batteries and then wait to receive the Staples Rewards check which will be sent in the US Mail near the end of May.

wabjtam said: What should I do to get the free battery? Just buy two packs of batteries and then the checks will be sent to me? Anything I need to do?
Make sure that your Staples reward number is on the transaction or enter your receipt online at Staples reward website.

lazybummm said: I haven't received my reward check for the previous purchase yet, did everyone already get that?

Got mine in January like they said they would send them out. You need to call them.

I've yet to figure out what I'm going to do with the $70+ reward check.

Is this online only or also available in store?

mikecat said: Is this online only or also available in store?Valid in store, by phone or on Staples.com.

Those who are going for batteries please note this
"Staples Rewards are mailed monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter."
Batteries are only 9.99!

alsameer said: Those who are going for batteries please note this
"Staples Rewards are mailed monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter."
Batteries are only 9.99!

Two of them are $19.98

bpvh said: mikecat said: Is this online only or also available in store?Valid in store, by phone or on Staples.com.
It says minimum purchase $150 required for phone and online orders for the paper rewards.

jteef1 said: bpvh said: mikecat said: Is this online only or also available in store?Valid in store, by phone or on Staples.com.
It says minimum purchase $150 required for phone and online orders for the paper rewards.

Where does it say that?

agentjfong said: jteef1 said: bpvh said: mikecat said: Is this online only or also available in store?Valid in store, by phone or on Staples.com.
Where does it say that?
Here: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/100425/merch6375/index.h...

Look at point #2 and again in the fine print.

agentjfong said: Where does it say that?

everywhere

jteef1 said: alsameer said: Those who are going for batteries please note this
Batteries are only 9.99!

Two of them are $19.98

I would say in this case, you will get the rewards without having to buy more to go to a rollover.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014