• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
April 25 thru May1st
Few okay deals to mention...
$25 back in Staples rewards on ANY combination of ream and or case paper $40 or more
FREE batteries after Staples rewards on Duracell 20/pk AA or AAA batteries
25% off compag and HP laptops
$6.99 HP flash drive
$1 hammermill copyplus paper (AR)
Officejet j6480 $89.99
All versions of QuickBooks Premier $249.99 ($150 off)
HP dv6-2150 (core ic-330m processor) $584.99 (AR)
save 40% on sauder bookcases
Montessa managers chair 50% off ($49.99)
Staples 15 sheet shredder $90 off! Only $69.99
Other items throughout


Enjoy!

HP Home
See HP Home discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
QuickBooks Online
See QuickBooks Online discounts that earn Up to $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just got off a chat session with Staplez. After pressing the issue, they issued another $30 in rewards for the batteries... (more)

yoregano (Jun. 02, 2010 @ 11:16a) |

the battery rebates will begin shipping on june 15th and could take up to 3 weeks, per Staples rep

morecowbell (Jun. 09, 2010 @ 1:43p) |

I received my rewards for my April battery purchase in May.

The only ones who should be receiving their battery rewards i... (more)

bpvh (Jun. 10, 2010 @ 1:20p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice.

Staples keeps on giving free batteries. I can throw away my re-chargeable ones...

This is a Godsend for those of us with small children.

You have battery operated children? Cool

luvbugium said: This is a Godsend for those of us with small children.

BTW,
Office Depot has same deal going on with Energizer this week. Limit is 2 8 packs per day (Some ODs have 8+2 bonus packs eligible for this deal). Next week they have Energizer Re-chargeable (4 pack) free after worklife rewards. (limit will be 2 packs per day). Between these two, yo can accumulate 100s of batteries for cost of sales tax. Of course you have to hope foe FAR deals when reward checks come back to cash them out

foche911 said: You have battery operated children? Cool

I would describe them more like the energizer bunnies but much louder.

Crap. I just ordered a dozen AAA rechargeables!

Thanks OP for the fair advance warning, was running low on AAA.

It is damn hard to get the rebate. I jump in this battery promotion in November last year. Each time you call or chat online, they just say they mail you the card but never. Until you contact them a lot of times they send it out to you. It take me totally more than 5 hours to get this "EASY" rebate. I wish I never bought it.

It's not easy rebate, it's Staples rewards...

That's why you did not get the coupon back(used in staple only).

BTW, I got mine.

I'll give you green for the deal but considered red for the disgusting Avatar

Surprised nobody has mentioned the 10% off coupon for that week

As mistercheap pointed out in another discussion, the paper deal is hot when you combine the Hammermill rebate & the 100% rewards. Use the 10% Appreciation coupon to make it even better. Here's the math:

Hammermill $6.49 x 2 = $12.98 (minus $10.98 rebate)

Buy an additional $31.47 of paper

Total cost: $12.98 + $31.47 = $44.45 - minus 10% coupon = $40.01 + tax

Get back $10.98 rebate + $25.00 rewards = $35.98

OOP is $4.03 + tax ($40.01 - $35.98). Not bad at all.

sam19777 said: It is damn hard to get the rebate. I jump in this battery promotion in November last year. Each time you call or chat online, they just say they mail you the card but never. Until you contact them a lot of times they send it out to you. It take me totally more than 5 hours to get this "EASY" rebate. I wish I never bought it.
I received my rewards check in January, no fuss.

sam19777 said: It is damn hard to get the rebate. I jump in this battery promotion in November last year. Each time you call or chat online, they just say they mail you the card but never. Until you contact them a lot of times they send it out to you. It take me totally more than 5 hours to get this "EASY" rebate. I wish I never bought it.

What the heck?

how does the reward work if you use a coupon? e.g. if the 10% coupon is used - will that not reduce the Staples reward?

What happens if you use a reward check to buy these?

ZenNUTS said: What happens if you use a reward check to buy these?

You'll get the reward check, just make sure you pay at least a partial amount with cash or cc. Some people reported not getting a reward check if you pay the whole transaction with another reward check.

puddonhead said: how does the reward work if you use a coupon? e.g. if the 10% coupon is used - will that not reduce the Staples reward?

YES - I used 10% off coupon in December on batteries. I rec'd less than the $12.99 for that week. So it will lessen your rewards.

Staples is way better than OD with their rewards promotions. Hope OD will learn and improve from their current rewards ad fiasco, even OM is reasonably good.

sam19777 said: It is damn hard to get the rebate. I jump in this battery promotion in November last year. Each time you call or chat online, they just say they mail you the card but never. Until you contact them a lot of times they send it out to you. It take me totally more than 5 hours to get this "EASY" rebate. I wish I never bought it.

Did you even buy these? They were not rebate, you automatically got the reward check as long as you used the rewards card while making the purchase (or entered that info later). I got 5/6 without any problem, 1 I had done a return/rebuy, that I had to call in to get the reward.

Then later you have to buy Brother Fax 575 to convert reward check to cash

Is the battery deal one week deal or like back in november thru december for 4-5weeks? Just curious.
Used up one rewards check and other one pending. will use that to buy this..

waiting for batteries

I get 999 batteries for free every time I buy a rechargeable

hellyea81 said: puddonhead said: how does the reward work if you use a coupon? e.g. if the 10% coupon is used - will that not reduce the Staples reward?

YES - I used 10% off coupon in December on batteries. I rec'd less than the $12.99 for that week. So it will lessen your rewards.


Just the opposite, coupons reduce the total amount spent for calculation of quarterly reward amount. But they do not count against individual rebate or reward offers. I bought 5 sets of AA and AAA packs the last time and used $10 off $20 coupons (from OM) for each purchase and got back the entire amount spent on the batteries before coupon. Same was true on the 3 ring binders I bought all 5 on the same visit and used a coupon but still got back the full price for each binder. (They did have a screw up in the rewards system that only paid many members for only one binder even if more were bought and you did have to call in to get a check sent for the binder #2, 3, 4 or 5. But they knew about it and the call only took a few minutes and all you had to do was mention that you had bought more than one binder.) This is with Premier Rewards but I imagine that it's the same with standard rewards.

pkp413 said: Staples is way better than OD with their rewards promotions. Hope OD will learn and improve from their current rewards ad fiasco, even OM is reasonably good.

What OD current fiasco? Please..

This looks like the deal that I'll go with...

2 x 122408 (HammerMill Copy Plus Paper) = $12.98 (-$10.98 Easy Rebates)
1 x 819274 (Norton Antivirus 2010 1-PC) = $39.99 (-$30.00 Easy Rebate)

$20 off $50 Coupon = $.99

$32.97 + Sales Tax + .$99 (Coupon Cost) = $40.98 in Rebates

I was able to get $15 on Fleabay for this Norton Antivirus product two weeks ago.

WingsOverVirginia said: Just the opposite, coupons reduce the total amount spent for calculation of quarterly reward amount. But they do not count against individual rebate or reward offers.

Dollar off coupon does not reduce the bonus reward, but percentage coupon does.

c3 said: WingsOverVirginia said: Just the opposite, coupons reduce the total amount spent for calculation of quarterly reward amount. But they do not count against individual rebate or reward offers.

Dollar off coupon does not reduce the bonus reward, but percentage coupon does.


Yes, that's what I've noticed too. I used $10 off $50's (from OD) and $1.00 Duracell manufacturer's coupons in Nov/Dec and I still got the full amount back for the batteries. But a percentage off coupon will lower the price of each individual item on the receipt, thus lowering the reward.

can u get rechargable batteries for free ?
peas said: I get 999 batteries for free every time I buy a rechargeable

IrfanPathan said: can u get rechargable batteries for free ?
peas said: I get 999 batteries for free every time I buy a rechargeable


Yes. OD has them free after rewards next week.

luvbugium said: foche911 said: You have battery operated children? Cool

I would describe them more like the energizer bunnies but much louder.


Agree, I have 2 young boys, they are very noisy. Now I just wish them go to college ASAP.

gotta get in on this paper deal!

From 4/25-5/1, Staples is having a promotion, spend $40 on any case or ream paper, get $25 back in rewards.

the same week, they have the Hammermill Ream $6.49-$5.49 easy rebate (lmit 2)

here's the math break down:

buy the two hammermill reams listed above for $13.98

buy another any other ream/case paper totalling $26.02 or more


Get $10.98 back in Easy Rebates on the Hammermill Reams

get $25 in rewards back total on the $40 worth of paper

How does the OD "worklife rewards" work? Same as Staples 'store credit check'? Everyone eligible? Required mailing in?

TIA,

dks123 said:
BTW,
Office Depot has same deal going on with Energizer this week. Limit is 2 8 packs per day (Some ODs have 8+2 bonus packs eligible for this deal). Next week they have Energizer Re-chargeable (4 pack) free after worklife rewards. (limit will be 2 packs per day). Between these two, yo can accumulate 100s of batteries for cost of sales tax. Of course you have to hope foe FAR deals when reward checks come back to cash them out

I totally agree.That's why I never bother to buy any OD promotion.

pkp413 said: Staples is way better than OD with their rewards promotions. Hope OD will learn and improve from their current rewards ad fiasco, even OM is reasonably good.

Xam said: How does the OD "worklife rewards" work? Same as Staples 'store credit check'? Everyone eligible? Required mailing in?

TIA,

dks123 said:
BTW,
Office Depot has same deal going on with Energizer this week. Limit is 2 8 packs per day (Some ODs have 8+2 bonus packs eligible for this deal). Next week they have Energizer Re-chargeable (4 pack) free after worklife rewards. (limit will be 2 packs per day). Between these two, yo can accumulate 100s of batteries for cost of sales tax. Of course you have to hope foe FAR deals when reward checks come back to cash them out


Yes. Worklife rewards are similar to Staples rewards. Check details here. worklife rewards
One good thing about OD reward is you get an OD gift card so you don't have to spend all reward amount in one go. With Staples you have to do that.

Skipping 118 Messages...
morecowbell said: the battery rebates will begin shipping on june 15th and could take up to 3 weeks, per Staples repI received my rewards for my April battery purchase in May.

The only ones who should be receiving their battery rewards in June are those who purchased on May 1st.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014