• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
yesidonoitall said: forbin4040 said: Hope this lasts a month like the last one did. 8 Packs for me last round!You hope what lasts?Probably the battery deal -- but we already knew it only lasted one week since next weeks ad has been in the wild for about a week now.

bpvh said: yesidonoitall said: forbin4040 said: Hope this lasts a month like the last one did. 8 Packs for me last round!You hope what lasts?Probably the battery deal -- but we already knew it only lasted one week since next weeks ad has been in the wild for about a week now.



RE:
since next weeks ad has been in the wild for about a week now.


It is for real online now.

yesidonoitall said: BTW
The paper on the front page of the ad, Hammermill
instore only $1.00 AER limit 2

Actually comes out as 50¢ each
How do you get that? It rings up at $6.49 less $5.49 rebate. You get 10% back in Rewards, of course.

NKaufman said: shadow520 said: How long does it normally take for a purchase in store to show up in the staplesrewards website?
I had a similar question.. "I do not see anything yet on the website under My rewards - View your purchases. However the menu Purchase History displays the battery purchase. Is this ok or do I need to call Staples?"

waiting for one of the experts to give the info.
So long as your Rewards number is on the receipt there is nothing to worry about. ALL purchases will show up there, whether they general special rewards or not.

If you call Staples now they will tell you to go away because a) it is too soon for purchases to show up online (whether it really is or not), and b) there is nothing they can do. Stop your worrying already.

If your Rewards number is NOT on the receipt, then you can call them to add it to your account (or better yet, do it online).

bpvh said: yesidonoitall said: forbin4040 said: Hope this lasts a month like the last one did. 8 Packs for me last round!You hope what lasts?Probably the battery deal -- but we already knew it only lasted one week since next weeks ad has been in the wild for about a week now.
Not to mention, last time when it did last for a month that information was in the ad from the start.

billrubin said: yesidonoitall said: BTW
The paper on the front page of the ad, Hammermill
instore only $1.00 AER limit 2

Actually comes out as 50¢ each
How do you get that? It rings up at $6.49 less $5.49 rebate. You get 10% back in Rewards, of course.





The store had stacks of them with many price tags, 50¢
I asked and was told that is correct and ad is wrong.
I will have to look at my receipts.


50¢
Disclaimer
Paper is 50¢ after ER

You got lucky. My HAM is $6.49.

shenji said: this kind of rewards will deduct any coupon value you use, including reward check. so not going to make any money.

MISTERCHEAP said: there are DURACELL coupons in the recent P&G inserts. Staples will accept them, so these can become a small money maker, even if you are paying cash.


I am planning to use reward check to pay for the battery. So I can't get any rewards back?

How about the paper? If I pay $10 using reward check for the $40 paper, does it disqualify that $25 reward?

shadow520 said: You got lucky. My HAM is $6.49. Same for me.

jkz said: shenji said: this kind of rewards will deduct any coupon value you use, including reward check. so not going to make any money.

MISTERCHEAP said: there are DURACELL coupons in the recent P&G inserts. Staples will accept them, so these can become a small money maker, even if you are paying cash.


I am planning to use reward check to pay for the battery. So I can't get any rewards back?

How about the paper? If I pay $10 using reward check for the $40 paper, does it disqualify that $25 reward?



I do not see how using a reward check will in any way effect any rebate or rewards payback.
A rewards check is a payment and same as cash.

yesidonoitall said: The store had stacks of them with many price tags, 50¢
I asked and was told that is correct and ad is wrong.
I will have to look at my receipts.

at my store the price is $6.29 .....go figure

Anyone know the rebate number? Can't find it at their site. TIA.

Rambler said: Anyone know the rebate number? Can't find it at their site. TIA.



The batteries are not a rebate, it is a reward check.
You needed to use your rewards card and thats all.

Can anyone post the Rebate Offer Number here? Thank you very much

If you guys mean the Hammermill paper rebate sku 122408, it is off number 10-23963

Should the reward amounts post right away? I see the purchase posted, but the rewards amount on it is $0.00...should I contact Staples or wait?

DiMAn0684 said: Should the reward amounts post right away? I see the purchase posted, but the rewards amount on it is $0.00...should I contact Staples or wait?Special rewards have not posted in the past. Since the transaction is in the account, all should be well.

my rewards for the batteries have not yet been posted either (i purchased it on 4/26/10). The transaction itself did post, but the rewards amount is also $0.00 ... I guess i'll wait to..

You will NOT see the battery rewards on the website.

c3 said: You will NOT see the battery rewards on the website.

So how will I know if this reward has been approved or not?

I must say, I do not know what the problem is about seeing the rewards on line,
but just save all receipts and the ad and present to your store manager if you do not get paid.

NKaufman said: c3 said: You will NOT see the battery rewards on the website.So how will I know if this reward has been approved or not?When you receive the rewards check.

In the meantime, check your rewards account to make sure the transaction has posted there. If not and it has been more than 7 days, contact Staples Rewards customer service.

bpvh said: NKaufman said: c3 said: You will NOT see the battery rewards on the website.So how will I know if this reward has been approved or not?When you receive the rewards check.

In the meantime, check your rewards account to make sure the transaction has posted there. If not and it has been more than 7 days, contact Staples Rewards customer service.



I do not see anything yet on the website under My rewards - View your purchases. However the menu "Purchase History" displays the battery purchase. Is this what you mean by ensuring that transaction has posted?

NKaufman said: I do not see anything yet on the website under My rewards - View your purchases. However the menu "Purchase History" displays the battery purchase. Is this what you mean by ensuring that transaction has posted?
Yes. And you worry too damn much. Honestly, it's $20. Come back in a couple of months if you haven't gotten it. Be sure to save your receipt, although it sounds like you are ok.

billrubin said: NKaufman said: I do not see anything yet on the website under My rewards - View your purchases. However the menu "Purchase History" displays the battery purchase. Is this what you mean by ensuring that transaction has posted?Yes. And you worry too damn much. Honestly, it's $20. Come back in a couple of months if you haven't gotten it. Be sure to save your receipt, although it sounds like you are ok.I was referring to having the transaction listed under "My Rewards >> View Your Purchases" but as billrubin said, you are probably OK. Why your purchase shows up only under the "Purchase History", who knows.

And as billrubin said, keep your receipts until rewards have been received. Staples is generally very good at correcting any unissued rewards on account of glitches.

billrubin said: NKaufman said: I do not see anything yet on the website under My rewards - View your purchases. However the menu "Purchase History" displays the battery purchase. Is this what you mean by ensuring that transaction has posted?
Yes. And you worry too damn much. Honestly, it's $20. Come back in a couple of months if you haven't gotten it. Be sure to save your receipt, although it sounds like you are ok.


Does not matter if it is only $20? You sure you want to make that kind of a statement on these DEALS forums?

Anyhow, like I mentioned in my earlier post, this is the first time I'm doing Staples rewards and hence want to make sure that I have done everything accurately to get the Cash Back.

Does anyone have the offer number on the Duracell AA's? Not on my receipt for some reason.

Thanks!

Sanjoelo said: Does anyone have the offer number on the Duracell AA's? Not on my receipt for some reason.

Thanks!


Never mind, read the thread, it's not a rebate. I'm such a noob.

FYI...
From Staples Customer Service Agent

9:59:00 AM : Sarah R.: Our records show that the two battery packs you purchased on May 1 have been properly credited to your Reward account. You have earned $19.98 back in Rewards for this transaction. This Reward amount will be included in your May standard Rewards statement.

9:59:05 AM : Sarah R.: The website does not include Rewards earned for any special promotions or extra benefits so additional Rewards you receive for this offer will not be reflected in your account online.

10:00:50 AM : Sarah R.: You will be issued a Rewards coupon. You must first receive the coupon before you can redeem the Rewards at Staples. May standard Rewards will be issued on June 15 and delivery can take up to three weeks. If you do not receive this Reward by July 6, please contact us for further assistance.

alsameer said: FYI...
From Staples Customer Service Agent

9:59:00 AM : Sarah R.: Our records show that the two battery packs you purchased on May 1 have been properly credited to your Reward account. You have earned $19.98 back in Rewards for this transaction. This Reward amount will be included in your May standard Rewards statement.

9:59:05 AM : Sarah R.: The website does not include Rewards earned for any special promotions or extra benefits so additional Rewards you receive for this offer will not be reflected in your account online.

10:00:50 AM : Sarah R.: You will be issued a Rewards coupon. You must first receive the coupon before you can redeem the Rewards at Staples. May standard Rewards will be issued on June 15 and delivery can take up to three weeks. If you do not receive this Reward by July 6, please contact us for further assistance.
Move along, move along, nothing new to see here ....

My May eStatement is available online, and the coupon can be printed. Is that a new feature, or did I miss it before?

I bought two packs of batteries with a $6 ink coupon, and I only received $13.98 reward. I thought the ink and reward checks would NOT reduce the rewards. Is that a change in policy?

c3 said: My May eStatement is available online, and the coupon can be printed. Is that a new feature, or did I miss it before?New feature added earlier this month.

c3 said: I bought two packs of batteries with a $6 ink coupon, and I only received $13.98 reward. I thought the ink and reward checks would NOT reduce the rewards. Is that a change in policy?From posts on SD, Staples Rewards customer service is claiming a change in terms of the individual offers.

Here is something I have worked up:

So how did the terms change?

The Staples Rewards customer service agents claim that the terms have changed is just not correct. While the terms of the program as noted in section 4 have applied to normal purchase rewards (10% on ink and paper, etc) in the past, they have never been applied to special/bonus rewards in the past. To do so now without any notice is unfair.

I hope this helps someone who wants to fight this.


Staples Rewards Terms and Conditions - Section 4: Rewards:

The Rewards accounts of Members will receive credit for Qualifying Purchases equal to 10% of their total Qualifying Purchase Amount for purchases made during the applicable calendar quarter if the Reward minimum, as defined below, is met. Qualifying Purchase Amount is the amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons and Rewards redemption. Amounts spent on taxes, postage stamps, delivery charges, pre-paid phone cards, Staples gift cards and third party gift cards do not count towards earning Rewards. Purchases on ink and toner manufactured by Hewlett Packard are excluded. Staples, in its sole discretion, may include additional products or services as exclusions from Qualifying Purchases from time to time without prior notice.

Terms from the most recent deals:

Duracell battery offer:

"*Valid for purchases between 4/25/10 and 5/1/10. Offer good on item nos. 703715 and/or 846026 only (size AA or AAA, 20/Pack). Limit 2 per customer. Purchase price paid for batteries will be credited to customer's Staples Rewards® account. Must be a member of Staples Rewards. Valid in store, by phone or on Staples.com. Not valid on prior purchases. Purchaser is responsible for paying applicable sales tax. No cash/credit back. Staples Rewards® membership is FREE. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. Staples Rewards are mailed monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Monthly balances of less than $10 will roll over each month until the minimum is met for that calendar quarter. If the $10 minimum for the quarter has not been met, the balance will expire at the end of the quarter. For full program details, visit StaplesRewards.com."

Paper - Save big on paper:

"*Valid 4/25/10-5/22/2010. Minimum purchase of $40 in cases and/or reams must be made in the same transaction to qualify for the $25 back in Staples Rewards. Phone/online orders require a minimum total purchase requirement of $150. Maximum benefit of $50 back in Rewards per promotion week. Standard percent back in Staples Rewards will be excluded from paper purchases receiving $25 back in Rewards. Tax and shipping not included in calculating minimum purchase. Offer not valid on single or multipart computer paper. Staples Rewards are issued monthly when the value of the Reward is at least $10. Limit one Staples Rewards account per person or at any mailing address. Staples Rewards membership is FREE. For full program details, visit StaplesRewards.com."

Terms from older deals where rolling rewards was apparently ok:

Avery binder deal:

"Limit 4 per customer per week. While supplies last. Purchase price paid for binders will be credited to customer's Staples Rewards account. Must be a member of Staples Rewards. Valid on purchases 1/3/2010-1/9/2010. Valid in store, on Staples.com or by phone. Staples Rewards will be mailed in February. Not valid on prior purchases. Purchaser is responsible for paying applicable sales tax. No cash/credit back."
Office supplies -- Its Like Getting Select Supplies for Free:

"*Purchase price paid for items will be credit to customer's Staples Rewards account. Must be a member of Staples Rewards. Valid for purchases 1/10/10 - 1/16/10. Valid in store, online or by phone. Staples Rewards will be mailed in February. Not valid on prior purchases. Purchaser is responsible for paying applicable sales tax. No cash/credit back."

Duracell battery offer from November 2009:

"*Offer good on item nos. 804904 and/or 804905 only (size AA or AAA, Bonus Pack 16+4). Purchase price paid for batteries will be credited to customer's Staples Rewards account. Must be a member of Staples Rewards. Valid for purchases between 11/27/09 and 12/26/09. Valid in store, on Staples.com or by phone. Staples Rewards will be mailed in January. Not valid on prior purchases. Purchaser is responsible for paying applicable sales tax. No cash/credit back. While supplies last."

c3 said: My May eStatement is available online, and the coupon can be printed. Is that a new feature, or did I miss it before?

I bought two packs of batteries with a $6 ink coupon, and I only received $13.98 reward. I thought the ink and reward checks would NOT reduce the rewards. Is that a change in policy?


1. Yes, that feature has been there for a while.
2. Yes, they have been reducing the reward amount if you used your reward check to pay for it but I haven't read the fine print.

c3 said: I bought two packs of batteries with a $6 ink coupon, and I only received $13.98 reward. I thought the ink and reward checks would NOT reduce the rewards. Is that a change in policy?A co-worker was in the same situation. He called and asked to speak to a supervisor. The rep agreed to give him the missing money as a "one time courtesy".

I'm glad I spent my Rewards on Peachtree and resisted the temptation to buy batteries.

Just got off a chat session with Staplez. After pressing the issue, they issued another $30 in rewards for the batteries and paper.as a "one-time courtesy." Still ends of being about $8-$9 less than it "should" be, but mostly satisfying. Okay, so we all know now, but what a bummer that these offers are not going to be once they once were.

the battery rebates will begin shipping on june 15th and could take up to 3 weeks, per Staples rep

morecowbell said: the battery rebates will begin shipping on june 15th and could take up to 3 weeks, per Staples repI received my rewards for my April battery purchase in May.

The only ones who should be receiving their battery rewards in June are those who purchased on May 1st.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014