• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newegg Acronis

Please note: I use 2010 version on my desktops no problem, but on my new Asus UL30, 2010 would not start in boot up mode but my Acronis 2009 did. I do not know if it is because of that damn OEM hidden recovery partition.

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Daing it, I just paid 40 bucks for this the other day, but it included the Plus Pack which comes with the Universal Restore which is a great feature and worth the $30 bucks they charge for it anyway.

I have no problem with both my Dell desktop and Dell laptop (both Windows 7). Faster backups than the previous version (on Vista on the same machines) too.

I just checked my current version is 11. I held back the update because the newer versions from Acronis tends to be unstable. Is the 2010 good enough now?

This product is great. First I bought Norton Ghost 15 from Fry's FAR rebate deal and that was crap. Could not clone my Win 7 hardrive of Dell XPS 8100. Then used this and it did it flawlessly, true clone. Didn't have to worry about copying partitions one at a time.

Norton sucks.

If I buy this do I need to buy their netbook version also (for my netbook) or does this work for both - i.e. the netbook version says that it's designed for netbooks - what does that mean - the other version won't work?

king0fSpades said: This product is great. First I bought Norton Ghost 15 from Fry's FAR rebate deal and that was crap. Could not clone my Win 7 hardrive of Dell XPS 8100. Then used this and it did it flawlessly, true clone. Didn't have to worry about copying partitions one at a time.

Norton sucks.

hey i agree with norton sucks but dude ghost can sure do 1:1 HD cloning without worrying about partitioning whatsoever. You simply didn't know how to use the software. so maybe norton don't suck.

Reviews not so hot.

Weird, I have Acronis 11 & now they are using dates rather than version numbers?

I think version 11 (which I am using) is 2008 version.

A very good alternative is O&O DiskImage. There was a deal here or SD recently for $10, I think it's still active. And it has the Universal Restore feature (with a different name).

If you have a Western Digital hard drive anywhere in your system, you can download Acronis WD Edition for free. Google it. This is not the full product listed here but works for my basic needs.

lessmeat said: king0fSpades said: This product is great. First I bought Norton Ghost 15 from Fry's FAR rebate deal and that was crap. Could not clone my Win 7 hardrive of Dell XPS 8100. Then used this and it did it flawlessly, true clone. Didn't have to worry about copying partitions one at a time.

Norton sucks.

hey i agree with norton sucks but dude ghost can sure do 1:1 HD cloning without worrying about partitioning whatsoever. You simply didn't know how to use the software. so maybe norton don't suck.

Can you tell me how to do that? I didn't see the option for 1:1 cloning for Windows 7-64bit. I used to do XP drives with Ghost 2003 few years back.

Using Norton Ghost 14, I backup monthly and it failed to restore its own recently images. I had to restore 6-month old version. Also, it took forever for find network drive while Acronis quickly backup & restore from network drive. Still Acronis doesn't provide simple way to enter ID & password for network access if you missed at the first place. Also, I like Acronis' Try & Decide feature, which allows you to try a software before you decide to install it.
Free WD edition is nice to try.

This appears to be expired, no sign of a rebate link any more. I did get the Plus Pack free from the other thread, so I'm ready when a deal comes around again!

=aw

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014