• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$5/$25 3pp (Expires 12/31/2010)

Tested. Scanned fine. No beeps.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
no new ones?

PhilMcCoy (Jan. 16, 2011 @ 3:14p) |

new ones?

THEDEALMANdotCOM (Jan. 20, 2011 @ 11:29a) |

Nope and doesn't look like that there will be any in near future.........gotta watch the Video to get 4/20 coupon.

ShakuniMama (Jan. 20, 2011 @ 1:39p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does the barcode actually print out well from that full size page? I cut the coupon from the page and had to blow it up 3x before the barcode was "readable"

wiredspider said: Does the barcode actually print out well from that full size page? I cut the coupon from the page and had to blow it up 3x before the barcode was "readable"Did you print it I or did you just cut and paste? It looks unreadable in Acrobat but I just printed it (and did a print preview with my printer's driver before it actually got printed), and it looked fine.

Other things to consider:

1) They've had coupons like this before
2) Small UPCs are actually easier to scan than big ones. I had trouble with the $5/20 barcode at one RA on Saturday (the scanner seemed to be on the fritz, it was generating a circle of scanning light rather than a straight line as they usually do). And think of the size of a UPC on a normal product. And they work fine.
3) Give RA credit for not being so stupid that they'd print a coupon that would not work on their registers.

Didn't want to waste a whole sheet of paper and ink for a single coupon, they even made the background colored, to waste more ink!

The section where the 9s and 8s are, seem to have very thick barcode lines, almost solid in that area. Unless I blow it up, the white line area between those lines don't show up for me. Figure the same result when printed. Might be different on a laser, but my inkjet isn't all that accurate.

I have a hard time with RA scanning their own printables, though usually in the stores with the older registers (where CC transactions take an incredibly long time).

I tried using this coupon today and it beeped. Mgr pushed it through. My total was $27.xx before any coupons.

wiredspider said: Didn't want to waste a whole sheet of paper and ink for a single coupon, they even made the background colored, to waste more ink!
If you have a PDF editor, you can get rid of the background and all of the other stuff.
The section where the 9s and 8s are, seem to have very thick barcode lines, almost solid in that area. Unless I blow it up, the white line area between those lines don't show up for me. Figure the same result when printed. Might be different on a laser, but my inkjet isn't all that accurate.Yes, that is the way it is showing up in Acrobat Reader. But it seems fine when printed (or at lest when I was doing the print preview, since I did not need to print it yet).

I was going to suggest only putting a half sheet in the printer but it seems that the coupon prints on the bottom half so that will not work. I did notice that if I told Acrobat not to auto-rotate, part of the background ends up off the sheet and the coupon itself prints on the top half of the page, so you can use a half sheet.

scottvm said: I tried using this coupon today and it beeped. Mgr pushed it through. My total was $27.xx before any coupons.That's odd (and my experience in the past has been that the register does not automatically enforce the minimum purchase, anyway). I did notice the filename has NYNJ in it. Are you in NY or NJ? If not, perhaps they only enabled it in those two states.

wiredspider said: Didn't want to waste a whole sheet of paper and ink for a single coupon, they even made the background colored, to waste more ink!

The section where the 9s and 8s are, seem to have very thick barcode lines, almost solid in that area. Unless I blow it up, the white line area between those lines don't show up for me. Figure the same result when printed. Might be different on a laser, but my inkjet isn't all that accurate.

I have a hard time with RA scanning their own printables, though usually in the stores with the older registers (where CC transactions take an incredibly long time).

I'm attaching the modified pdf coupon without colored background, other text & graphics. Still use a full sheet of paper, but at least you can save inks and the coupon prints faster.

Consider this RA coupon as those from SS.com and RD.com when full sheet of paper must be used.

From another board: if you have a Google account, here is a better $5 off $25 that is good until Sept. 30th.

$5 off $25

This one scans fine without any beeping.

Thanks for the alternate coupons

I have never once had the 5 off of 20 coupon scan at any of the 8 RA's I've tried over the last 6 months. The cashier's always give me grief. The large 5 off of 25 from last month did scan for me so I am sticking with those from now on. It's not worth it to get a manager involved everytime I want to use a 5 off 20.

Prncsnyc said: I have never once had the 5 off of 20 coupon scan at any of the 8 RA's I've tried over the last 6 months. The cashier's always give me grief.The only problem I have with the 5/20 coupon is that the wording is such that they think it has expired, because they are looking at the section where it says that it's for getting the VV credits during the earlier period. I used it at 3 stores in the last 3 days and it only had problems scanning at one of them, and their scanner was flaky and the cashier eventually got it to scan.

Thank YOU to OP and everyone who posted $5 off coupons!!

roy7736 said: From another board: if you have a Google account, here is a better $5 off $25 that is good until Sept. 30th.

$5 off $25

This one scans fine without any beeping.


Can some one attach a coupon to this thread please?
For some reason the google docs isnt opening this for me.

I was able to use the $5 off $25 coupon yesterday. It scanned without a rpoblem but the cashier and manager were complaining and saying that they were glad that they would be going to unique barcodes in the future. Not sure if they were confusing the 5 off 20 or if everything is going to be unique.

tsanju said: roy7736 said: From another board: if you have a Google account, here is a better $5 off $25 that is good until Sept. 30th.

$5 off $25

This one scans fine without any beeping.


Can some one attach a coupon to this thread please?
For some reason the google docs isnt opening this for me.


It says no preview available for me. I wonder if the coupons were taken down? Darn I should have saved it to my computer the other day!

rcbrad said: [It says no preview available for me. I wonder if the coupons were taken down? Darn I should have saved it to my computer the other day!There may be no preview but if you click on Download (and you did try that, right?) the file is there.


Rite Aid 5 off 25 Image
Disclaimer
A different $5 off $25 attached as jpg & pdf. Expires 7/31/10. Hope it prints clearer!

rcbrad said: tsanju said: roy7736 said: From another board: if you have a Google account, here is a better $5 off $25 that is good until Sept. 30th.

$5 off $25

This one scans fine without any beeping.


Can some one attach a coupon to this thread please?
For some reason the google docs isnt opening this for me.


It says no preview available for me. I wonder if the coupons were taken down? Darn I should have saved it to my computer the other day!


No, it's not taken down, it's just the Google Docs being a piece of crap
Attached. Enjoy

Any new coupons? Last one expired 9/30/10

gw1400 said: Any new coupons? Last one expired 9/30/10

Here

$5/$25 3pp (Expires 12/31/2010)

Haven't tested it out myself.

LandOfTheFreebies said: $5/$25 3pp (Expires 12/31/2010)

Haven't tested it out myself.


tested. Scans just fine.

LandOfTheFreebies said: $5/$25 3pp (Expires 12/31/2010)

Haven't tested it out myself.


thx freebies, added this to the master RA coupon thread.

Can someone post a pdf link to the page as I cant get to the link from work.

Not working starting today 12/14/2010 - was working fine till yesterday

says invalid coupon.

Works in NJ. Says "invalid coupon", but shows on receipt -$5.00

RA's Facebook just posted this!!!!

We appreciate you bringing the issue you’re having with the $5 off $25 coupon to our attention. We have listened and are taking action to correct this issue. You can resume using your coupons starting tomorrow (December 17, 2010).

ShakuniMama said:   RA's Facebook just posted this!!!!

We appreciate you bringing the issue you’re having with the $5 off $25 coupon to our attention. We have listened and are taking action to correct this issue. You can resume using your coupons starting tomorrow (December 17, 2010).


great news!

Has anyone used a $5 off $25 after they have "corrected this issue?" Does it no longer say invalid coupon?

Rite Aid is pretty sneaky. They knew what they were doing when they put invalid coupon and made it ring for one penny. I guess they got a strong backlash and now are backpedalling to make everyone happy. I still think come 2011 $5 off $25s will be next to nonexistent.

Nonetheless it is good news for me because I have $195 in +UPs so it will give me an extra bonus for every $25 transaction I can do until year end. Thanks Rite Aid for listening, but it is best to try not to screw up in the first place. It will be interesting to see how they will magically make this coupon work again after they have sent out memos to all store managers earlier saying these are mass produced and fraudulent coupons. Many stores have the memo taped near the registers.

Update from SD from an early morning purchase 12/17 (when it was supposed to be "corrected"):

GOOD MORNING

the long RA 5/25 remains an invalid coupon on this snowy morning!


Perhaps Rite Aid was talking about they would be correcting the Red Plum coupons so they would work? They weren't to specific in their Facebook post about exactly which $5 off $25 they were referring to.

MrVietnam said:   
Perhaps Rite Aid was talking about they would be correcting the Red Plum coupons so they would work? They weren't to specific in their Facebook post about exactly which $5 off $25 they were referring to.

I may be wrong but both the coupons have the same numbers.

ShakuniMama said:   MrVietnam said:   
Perhaps Rite Aid was talking about they would be correcting the Red Plum coupons so they would work? They weren't to specific in their Facebook post about exactly which $5 off $25 they were referring to.

I may be wrong but both the coupons have the same numbers.


I would think Red Plum coupons would be serialized with unique numbers, wouldn't they?

MrVietnam said:   ShakuniMama said:   MrVietnam said:   
Perhaps Rite Aid was talking about they would be correcting the Red Plum coupons so they would work? They weren't to specific in their Facebook post about exactly which $5 off $25 they were referring to.

I may be wrong but both the coupons have the same numbers.


I would think Red Plum coupons would be serialized with unique numbers, wouldn't they?

The bar code on the Red Plum coupons is the same on all of them. Its the code in the upper right hand corner of the coupon that's unique w/ each printing. I just compared the RA coupons and the RP coupons-- the bar codes are identical.

MrVietnam said:   Has anyone used a $5 off $25 after they have "corrected this issue?" Does it no longer say invalid coupon?

Rite Aid is pretty sneaky. They knew what they were doing when they put invalid coupon and made it ring for one penny. I guess they got a strong backlash and now are backpedalling to make everyone happy. I still think come 2011 $5 off $25s will be next to nonexistent.

Nonetheless it is good news for me because I have $195 in +UPs so it will give me an extra bonus for every $25 transaction I can do until year end. Thanks Rite Aid for listening, but it is best to try not to screw up in the first place. It will be interesting to see how they will magically make this coupon work again after they have sent out memos to all store managers earlier saying these are mass produced and fraudulent coupons. Many stores have the memo taped near the registers.

Update from SD from an early morning purchase 12/17 (when it was supposed to be "corrected"):

GOOD MORNING

the long RA 5/25 remains an invalid coupon on this snowy morning!


Perhaps Rite Aid was talking about they would be correcting the Red Plum coupons so they would work? They weren't to specific in their Facebook post about exactly which $5 off $25 they were referring to.


This morning for me it still rang up as "Invalid Coupon" and only took off 1 cent. Since the manager had already done an override for me a couple of days ago on this same coupon, I just gave them a $4 off $20 VV coupon instead. Didn't want to cause a scene, considering how many times I've used the $5 off $25 over the past few months.

I just used a "non-Red Plum" $5/$25 cpn and the CRT reads "invalid cpn" as well as the screen facing the customer. However, the register DID deduct $5 from my order.

I used 6 of the RA coupon (the one with the border on the top) in several stores last PM. Never looked to see what it said and cashiers never said anything. A couple of them looked at the coupon but no one said anything.

Many people are reporting that 5/25 coupon is working this morning.

hey,

do you have any more that have not expired yet?
please email me majunee@gmail.com
thanks!!

There are no more multi-use $5 off $25 coupons any more. And I doubt we'll see any anytime soon.

Skipping 6 Messages...
Nope and doesn't look like that there will be any in near future.........gotta watch the Video to get 4/20 coupon.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.