CLICK TO ENLARGE
Disclaimer

CLICK TO ENLARGE
Disclaimer
$2.00 - on 6 Inch Sub -

YOUR CHOICE:

6 INCH MEATBALL MARINARA OR
6 INCH COLD CUT COMBO

Sandwiches. Customer Appreciation Month - No Limit, No Coupon needed at Participating Locations, Just walk in store. Thru July 27, 2010.

SOURCE: Metro Detroit TV Commericial on July 06, 2010.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This is weird, you guys feeling like your stealing for getting a 5$ footlong.

Cub Foods Grocery Stores here have reciepts... (more)

leprechanmonkie (Jul. 17, 2010 @ 2:25p) |

I love the subway at Amherst, MA. I would go there every other day with a B1(+drink)G1 coupon and they would just glance... (more)

thinkN (Jul. 18, 2010 @ 3:15p) |

The cost of food for Subway on a footlong sub is about $1.25

The cost of rent, utilities, employees and other operating c... (more)

JesseLivermore (Jul. 18, 2010 @ 3:28p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Which subs? Might be YMMV, but at least an idea of what they're offering would be nice.

These are huge YMMV because franchise owners can run their own specials and opt out of national promotions.

CptSavAHo said: These are huge YMMV because franchise owners can run their own specials and opt out of national promotions.

It'll be pretty easy to tell. If it's a nation wide promo, the locations should have window signage. It's also usually easy to tell which are corporate stores, franchise stores that play by corporate rules, and cheesy franchise owners who pretty much do everything against the books anyway.

FYI: My local Subway in KS is NOT having this promo currently.

I'm not feeling much customer appreciation. Get treated like a con-artist every time I try to buy a $5 foot long without getting chips and a drink. I'm just not a fan of chips, don't want THAT much food, and am trying to cut back on soda. Last time I bought one I decided to just buy a diet soda to avoid dirty looks and the rat-bastard working rang me up for a large soda even though I only took a medium cup and never said large.

PobreDiablo said: I'm not feeling much customer appreciation. Get treated like a con-artist every time I try to buy a $5 foot long without getting chips and a drink. I'm just not a fan of chips, don't want THAT much food, and am trying to cut back on soda. Last time I bought one I decided to just buy a diet soda to avoid dirty looks and the rat-bastard working rang me up for a large soda even though I only took a medium cup and never said large.

Yea those dirty SOB's look at you like you just robbed the place and hit on their girlfriends on the way in. Hell, if they don't like their own promotion, they should just nix it. After a few dirty looks I started ordering 2 $5 footlongs and get enough toppings so they can hardly fold the damn sandwich together. That will teach em' ha ha haaaaaaaaaa.

I doubt the people working there could give a rats ass what you order, go to quiznos if it bothers you that much.

Nationwide ?
OP, Please Put YMMV In Title.
Not good at my Subway In Sacramento.
Thanks

PobreDiablo said: I'm not feeling much customer appreciation. Get treated like a con-artist every time I try to buy a $5 foot long without getting chips and a drink. I'm just not a fan of chips, don't want THAT much food, and am trying to cut back on soda. Last time I bought one I decided to just buy a diet soda to avoid dirty looks and the rat-bastard working rang me up for a large soda even though I only took a medium cup and never said large.yo f*** that dude, if you don't want chips and a soda, don't get them. i never ever order chips/soda for health reasons.

hmmm we need a current ad. BBM next time you see it, take a snapshot of your TV

You know you live in a great country when a $5 sandwich is on our list of things to complain about...

badger6 said: PobreDiablo said: I'm not feeling much customer appreciation. Get treated like a con-artist every time I try to buy a $5 foot long without getting chips and a drink. I'm just not a fan of chips, don't want THAT much food, and am trying to cut back on soda. Last time I bought one I decided to just buy a diet soda to avoid dirty looks and the rat-bastard working rang me up for a large soda even though I only took a medium cup and never said large.

Yea those dirty SOB's look at you like you just robbed the place and hit on their girlfriends on the way in. Hell, if they don't like their own promotion, they should just nix it. After a few dirty looks I started ordering 2 $5 footlongs and get enough toppings so they can hardly fold the damn sandwich together. That will teach em' ha ha haaaaaaaaaa.

better than that....order two w/everything...when it's time to pay, say OOOOPs - my wallet is out in the car...then run/drive out fast!

FrugalFreak said: printable ad proof of this to show local stores.

credit goes to riyah

Customer Appreciation Month ( July )
This was last year, look at sign "Good to Nov 30 "
I dont see 2010 on the sign

you are correct!

You could always get this birthday sub If you are lucky to have one.

If you look at the image it says November for the month and is marked as 2009, so I don't think you can show that to the local stores as proof.

Butcherboy said: FrugalFreak said: printable ad proof of this to show local stores.

credit goes to riyah

Customer Appreciation Month ( July )
This was last year, look at sign "Good to Nov 30 "

Pretty sure every year has a November 30th. I know what you mean though.

Here is my post from last year.

Good To Nov 30 2009

badger6 said:

Yea those dirty SOB's look at you like you just robbed the place and hit on their girlfriends on the way in...

You must have a very different set of employees at your subway. At mine, I could actually rob the place and I don't think they'd even care. They'd just blindly throw the money in a foot long sack and throw in a couple of napkins.

So customer appreciation month is from July to November?

This is definately NOT nationwide. If the promotion is valid then it's a local promotion.

PobreDiablo said: I'm not feeling much customer appreciation. Get treated like a con-ar)tist every time I try to buy a $5 foot long without getting chips and a drink. I'm just not a fan of chips, don't want THAT much food, and am trying to cut back on soda. Last time I bought one I decided to just buy a diet soda to avoid dirty looks and the rat-bastard working rang me up for a large soda even though I only took a medium cup and never said large.

It's pretty bad (actually quite incredible) that a national advertising campaign has a bunch of Subway employees and their customer's feel like they are stealing (the customer that is) when buying a $5 12" long low on meat narrow sub. Don't get me wrong -- I buy these subs on occasion -- but you are not robbing anyone. (Local deli's have a much better thicker 10 to 12" sub for $6 or 7 with lots of meat). Even being on FW, I am sure that PobreDiable was already aware of this and simply doesn't like the bad attitude he is getting from a misinformed Subway artist.

LOL. I'm still feeling "appreciated" everytime they say that ALL subs are $5.00...EXCEPT whatever sub I ordered that day that wasn't a basic ham sub.

good news!
thanks!

How is it customer appreciation MONTH if it goes through November???

thanks Jared

enforcer2133 said: How is it customer appreciation MONTH if it goes through November???

If you do a search over at S/D with this topic
SUBWAY - $2.00 Subs - Customer Appreciation Month
Posted 11-04-2009, 07:35 PM

You will see this is last year post.
And the up load photo is the same from last nov 4. over at S/D

If you are in Tustin, CA the best place for a sandwich is whichwich.com. You can have a sandwich made your way.

Like everybody at every Subway getting paid minimum wage or whatever they get is going to appreciate every customer that comes in, most of whom are not going to know each other at all. What the company appreciates is the customers money. When it comes to fast food, it's almost sold on an as-is basis - both the product and the service.

Hehehe...No $2 Subway sandwich in my hoods.

So.....July is a Subway's Customer Un-appreciation Month (for me).

PobreDiablo said: I'm not feeling much customer appreciation. Get treated like a con-artist every time I try to buy a $5 foot long without getting chips and a drink. I'm just not a fan of chips, don't want THAT much food, and am trying to cut back on soda. Last time I bought one I decided to just buy a diet soda to avoid dirty looks and the rat-bastard working rang me up for a large soda even though I only took a medium cup and never said large.

The best thing in life is not to give a F what anyone thinks and do as you please.

I got the ad in my bulk mail yesterday. Houston, TX

I don't think you could pay me $2 to look at a Subway Sandwich.

Subway Salmonella outbreak here in Illinois. Business down 30-50%, even though with all the health inspections done they are probably the safest place to eat !

patricck said: I don't think you could pay me $2 to look at a Subway Sandwich.

Wow, must be nice to not have to place value in money at all.

I got this ad yesterday in mail. Houston TX (Zip 77070). It says Customer Appreciation Month and ends July 31st

afaiktoit said: I doubt the people working there could give a rats ass what you order, go to quiznos if it bothers you that much.

Some workers seem to be pressured, coerced, forced, to upsell combos, extras, double meats, bacon, avocado, toasted, etc. I had one lady ask me if I wanted double meats. I politely refused and she said it was only $2 more, as if I was a cheap skate. I told her I wasn't that hungry and if it's only $2 more, she can pull $2 out of her own pocket and hook me up with double meats. For whatever reason, she looked confused.

They seem to be programmed to offer upsells. I ordered a cold cut and they still ask if I wanted it toasted.

cerodinero said: You know you live in a great country when a $5 sandwich is on our list of things to complain about...

It's not the sandwich. It's not the price. It's the service... Subway stores vary. I stick to the ones that are clean with better service. There's one here in San Diego, CA that has great service when I go there and it is a franchised store.

patricck said: I don't think you could pay me $2 to look at a Subway Sandwich.

However, you looked at this thread for free???

Skipping 34 Messages...
The cost of food for Subway on a footlong sub is about $1.25

The cost of rent, utilities, employees and other operating costs per each footlong sub, especially from government excess and wasteful mandates, is about $2.75.

Subway doesn't have anywhere near the equipment costs that other fast food joints do, though (just a microwave, cheap electric "oven", and walk in fridge/freezer - no deep fryers, gas ovens or grills, commercial grade mixers, sheeters, etc.)

Subway is still more profitable as a % on a footlong sub at '5 dollars' than most fast food places are on their food items, the exception being soda, which is the biggest profit item for all food establishments w/out liquor/beer.

So, they're still making 20%, most likely, even on the $5 foot sub.

But the practically beg you to buy chips and a drink, which gets old.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014