• 1 234514
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples Free Backpack after Easy Rebate July 25-July 31

Got in hand the Staples circular for July 25-July 31.
It has FREE Backpack deal on the first page.It says:Buy Any backpack and get 100% back in a Staples gift card after easy rebate.
First post so please go easy.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
The last one for me went to my ex's and it got here from her today...
She is my ex cuz if I said it is black, she said it... (more)

yesidonoitall (Sep. 10, 2010 @ 8:24p) |

Why doesn't she just use the GC?

c3 (Sep. 11, 2010 @ 12:32a) |

Because it is MINE

yesidonoitall (Sep. 11, 2010 @ 12:55a) |

Product: Any Backpack
Rebate reward: Variable Gift Card
Purchase dates: 07-25-2010 through 07-31-2010
Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion: Buy ANY Backpack and Get 100% of your Purchase Price Back in a Staples Gift Card after Easy Rebate.
Promotion details:
Purchase must be made between 07/25/10 and 07/31/10. Requests MUST be submitted online or postmarked within 60 days from date of purchase. To submit online go to www.stapleseasyrebates.com and follow the instructions. To mail rebate Staples STORE PURCHASE: Send ONLY the completed ORIGINAL rebate redemption form printed from the cash register, the ORIGINAL submission form printed from www.stapleseasyrebates.com, or the ORIGINAL PDF submission form provided by a Staples store. Staples.COM/CATALOG PURCHASE: Send an ORIGINAL completed rebate redemption form with the ORIGINAL or a COPY of a packing slip. Photocopies not accepted. Offer valid in US only. Good for actual purchases by end users; excludes resellers and distributors of products and their families. You should receive your Staples Gift Card within 4-6 weeks after claim is received. Staples Gift Cards may be used toward the purchase of merchandise and services only at a Staples U.S. retail store. For balance, or if you have questions about your Staples Gift Card, call 1-888-609-6963 or visit Staples.com/giftcards. Value can be added to this card at any Staples U.S. retail store. See Staples Gift Card for complete terms and conditions. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and illegible entries. Staples logo and product names are trademarks of Staples and their respective companies. Limit 1 Staple Gift Card per customer/address/household. For questions or a status inquiry about this rebate offer call 1-877-266-6483. Fraudulent submission of multiple requests could result in federal prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 USC, Section 1341 & 1342). Keep a copy of your documents for future reference.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

no link?

they did this last year. It was a good deal.

Anything else?

Or how about an ad scan if possible.

Will put the ad soon(2-3 Hours)

I got one last year. I got a $80+ backpack free.

Hey man, not bad for a first post.

Worked like a charm last year. Nice heads-up OP.

Ok, so I went to the eBay item (item 180490248160) at the bottom of the orig post out of curiosity. I don't get it- Why would I buy a $500 gift card for >$600?

Hope my Staples will have some decent backpacks next week

I'm wondering whether using a coupon or ink rewards will reduce the rebate amount?

amccjohn said: I'm wondering whether using a coupon or ink rewards will reduce the rebate amount?Coupons or rewards checks do not reduce the rebates. That is how you turn rewards into cash, by paying for items that have a cash rebate with them.

Logician1313 said: afaiktoit said: no link?
http://www.staplespromotionalproducts.com/ProductList.aspx?cid=41&pl=48&so=2

Nah. I'd wait for OP to post scan.

jimates said: amccjohn said: I'm wondering whether using a coupon or ink rewards will reduce the rebate amount?Coupons or rewards checks do not reduce the rebates. That is how you turn rewards into cash, by paying for items that have a cash rebate with them.
Didn't we see otherwise with the latest round of FAR batteries?

good find op! great first post

jimates said: amccjohn said: I'm wondering whether using a coupon or ink rewards will reduce the rebate amount?Coupons or rewards checks do not reduce the rebates. That is how you turn rewards into cash, by paying for items that have a cash rebate with them.
You will receive gift card which does not have an expiring date. Thanks OP for the scan! Been waiting for this.

would a camera backpack qualify? like this

JesseKnows said: jimates said: amccjohn said: I'm wondering whether using a coupon or ink rewards will reduce the rebate amount?Coupons or rewards checks do not reduce the rebates. That is how you turn rewards into cash, by paying for items that have a cash rebate with them.
Didn't we see otherwise with the latest round of FAR batteries?

That was different. You can't roll over reward checks. But it seems OK with easy rebate items.

sweet, valid instore, by phone, or online. thanks OP!

Thanks. loved it last time. picked up a swiss gear backpack.

Marked.

OfficeMax will also have a similar deal next week. I wonder what Office Depot will offer?

This time is for rebate, not for rewards. Good for using all the rewards on hand.

Deal was hot last year when they were giving Staples rewards, even hotter this year when you get a rebate (this means I can do the deal for every address I have available).

I wonder how they will handle this.

Will there be different rebate offer #'s for each and every backpack they sell? Because each backpack will have a different amount. If so, then using a coupon will not alter the rebate amount since the rebate amount will be predetermined and linked to the SKU scanned. Hope there's an OD $10 off coupon that I can use to at least cover my tax.

If it truly is an Easy Rebate, we **MIGHT** be able to switch the reward method during rebate submission to a check. Not positive on that though. Staples Gift Cards (as opposed to rewards) do not expire.

If we get gift cards, there will surely be enough opportunities to convert them into cash at a later date with FAR/AC offers.

If it

myeric said: This time is for rebate, not for rewards. Good for using all the rewards on hand.I remember all the folks who got burned around Christmas time when Staples changed the "rules".... i.e. the free battery rewards deal when they deducted any rewards checks used for the purchase. I wonder if / when they will also change the rebate payout system to operate the same way.

I got onto this last year and it worked like a charm. It was a great thing to use, thanks for the Head's up.

hellyea81 said: I wonder how they will handle this.

Will there be different rebate offer #'s for each and every backpack they sell? Because each backpack will have a different amount. If so, then using a coupon will not alter the rebate amount since the rebate amount will be predetermined and linked to the SKU scanned. Hope there's an OD $10 off coupon that I can use to at least cover my tax.

If it truly is an Easy Rebate, we **MIGHT** be able to switch the reward method during rebate submission to a check. Not positive on that though. Staples Gift Cards (as opposed to rewards) do not expire.

If we get gift cards, there will surely be enough opportunities to convert them into cash at a later date with FAR/AC offers.

If it

Not all SERs offer the opportunity to change the default payment option to check.

c3688t said: I wonder if / when they will also change the rebate payout system to operate the same way.

Especially with the new receipt system where the coupons are deducted from each item.

thanks OP! now I have a reason to step into the Staples store and recycle my ink.

WebNomad said: thanks OP! now I have a reason to step into the Staples store and recycle my ink.

Staples gift cards also has a negative in that it can only be used in -store, as when I attempted to do the gift card code by phone and online I wasn't allowed to.

I did last year. It is automatic - there is no paperwork or SER. Just scan your Staples reward card, and it comes as a reward check in October that you have like 30 days to spend. It took long long time to get it ( a few weeks after the end of the quater, which is 9/30) and very short time period to spend (like 30 days). So it is free, however not the kind of free you might think.

Thanks for the headsup

I was wondering if they'd do this again this year. Darn, I just spent out all my rewards last week cause the expd. at the end July.

Thank you.

rebate good on laptop bags?

c3 said: c3688t said: I wonder if / when they will also change the rebate payout system to operate the same way.Especially with the new receipt system where the coupons are deducted from each item.Good point. It's not like a fixed-amount rebate. If they use the coupon amount to reduce the price of the backpack on the receipt, then you will for sure be screwed out of getting the full price back.

Question: Staples has been using $off$$ coupons to reduce the price of the highest-priced item on the receipt by the coupon amount. Have they been doing the same trick with Staples Rewards? If so, then that makes those rewards worthless for this backpack deal.

1brooklyn1 said: WebNomad said: thanks OP! now I have a reason to step into the Staples store and recycle my ink.

Staples gift cards also has a negative in that it can only be used in -store, as when I attempted to do the gift card code by phone and online I wasn't allowed to.
Yes, I wish they would allow the gift cards for online transactions. I use a lot of gift cards, so when the item is online only I go to the store and order from the kiosk and then pay at the register with the gift cards.

Skipping 497 Messages...
c3 said: yesidonoitall said: The last one for me went to my ex's and it got here from her today...
She is my ex cuz if I said it is black, she said it is white and still does, for over 40 years now.

Why doesn't she just use the GC?

Because it is MINE

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014